Todays scores 14/8

35 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

Solid performance by Cambuslang with a few players missing and a young bench. Dicks red card was a hard one to call and the young referee had severe small man syndrome! 

Cambuslang played more than half the game with 10 men & were worthy winners in my opinion. Renfrew down to 10 men after a handball on the goal line late on.

Great performance. 

Edited by blue manalishi

37 minutes ago, blue manalishi said:

Cambuslang played more than half the game with 10 men & were worthy winners in my opinion. Renfrew down to 10 men after a handball on the goal line late on.

Great performance. 

Agree with you mate and Anson showed his experience with playing CH at ease. The lad Williamson upfront is a great wee footballer and has some potential.

Took in Clydebank 2-2 Meadow today as a neutral. Decent entertainment, with some goals and a nice rammy near the end with a few red cards issued.

I thought Meadow probably edged it over the 90 minutes, but was happy to see the Bankies take a point in front of a decent crowd. Amusing that the free kick was scored so late, after the Meadow bench player who was sent off took ages to saunter off across the middle of the pitch, thus creating more stoppage time. Nice free kick for the late equaliser as well.

53 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Took in Clydebank 2-2 Meadow today as a neutral. Decent entertainment, with some goals and a nice rammy near the end with a few red cards issued.

I thought Meadow probably edged it over the 90 minutes, but was happy to see the Bankies take a point in front of a decent crowd. Amusing that the free kick was scored so late, after the Meadow bench player who was sent off took ages to saunter off across the middle of the pitch, thus creating more stoppage time. Nice free kick for the late equaliser as well.

No arguments here mate - thought Bankies were poor today and definitely stole a point but it says much about my teams battling qualities that they dug in to get a point - very similar to our game v Cumbernauld the other week

Thought it was a poor game - neither keeper had much to do but Meadow looked more up for it than Bankies . Lovely pass through and excellent finish for Meadows second goal but Bankies kept at it and on a day when not many in white performed well I’ll happily take a point

delighted to see Nicky Little get his 100th goal - an outstanding achievement at any level of football and only the 4th player in Bankies history after Blair Millar, Mike Larnach and Ken Eadie to reach that milestone - the guy has been a fantastic player for us- long may it continue

2 minutes ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

No arguments here mate - thought Bankies were poor today and definitely stole a point but it says much about my teams battling qualities that they dug in to get a point - very similar to our game v Cumbernauld the other week

Thought it was a poor game - neither keeper had much to do but Meadow looked more up for it than Bankies . Lovely pass through and excellent finish for Meadows second goal but Bankies kept at it and on a day when not many in white performed well I’ll happily take a point

delighted to see Nicky Little get his 100th goal - an outstanding achievement at any level of football and only the 4th player in Bankies history after Blair Millar, Mike Larnach and Ken Eadie to reach that milestone - the guy has been a fantastic player for us- long may it continue

2 to go to overtake The Blair - one of my Bankies heros

Surely no a rammy, wae us no involved!!! [emoji16]

BUILDBASE
Premier Division
Beith 2-2 Benburb
Blantyre Vics 1-1 Kilbirnie
Bonnyton Th 1-3 Troon
Clydebank 2-2 Irvine Meadow
Cumbernauld Utd 1-0 Hurlford Utd
Cumnock 1-0 Pollok
Glenafton Ath 3-1 Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Largs Th 0-2 Darvel
Rossvale 1-1 Kilwinning Rangers
Rutherglen Glencairn 0-1 Auchinleck Talbot

Conference A
Arthurlie 3-3 Muirkirk
Craigmark 4-3 Johnstone Burgh
Forth Wand 0-1 Maryhill
Girvan 2-0 Saltcoats
Maybole 2-0 Irvine Vics
Shotts BA 2-1 Lesmahagow
Whitletts Vics 4-2 Lugar Boswell Th

Conference B
Ashfield 6-2 Newmains Utd
Cambuslang 4-1 Renfrew
Glasgow Utd 3-1 Carluke Rov
Greenock 0-1 Ardeer Th
Kello Rov 2-3 Thorniewood Utd
Port Glasgow 5-2 Royal Albert
St Cadocs 3-0 Gartcairn

Conference C
Ardrossan Winton 1-1 Petershill
G Perthshire 3-2 Larkhall Th
Neilston 1-0 Lanark Utd
St Rochs 3-1 Drumchapel Utd
Vale of Clyde 1-3 St Anthonys
Vale of Leven 1-2 Yoker Ath
Wishaw 0-5 Kilsyth Rangers

Division 4
Finnart 3-2 Campbeltown Pupils
Glenvale 3-1 Harthill Royal
Kilsyth Athletic 5-2 BSC Glasgow
St Peters v Harnony Row

I actually think that’s a bit harsh. Clydebank had more of the ball but just didn’t do much with it. Meadows second goal was a very nice goal but against the run of play I thought. As for the penalty. I was at the bottom corner looking directly at it and your defender had a huge handful of strip. The ref gave a yellow apparently because he wasn’t sure the meadow player would have gotten there before the keeper. Strange for me given the keeper was on his line expecting an attempt on goal. Thought ( same as the old bloke with a Clydebank scarf on next to me) the bankies number seven should have been sent off at the end as well for the push after a reckless tackle, although at that point it’s not going to matter to the end result. Free kick to equalise was a great strike. If that’s a poor performance from Clydebank (and it’s the first time I’ve seen them this year) then you’ll be very hard to beat when you’re on top form. I really like your big number five. No nonsense defender who organises and makes sure everyone is doing their job.

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

If you are talking about Allan Mackenzie I thought he was a shitebag when he was with Talbot

Big Alan would be one of the first names on my team sheet, not an out and out striker but he causes defences all sorts of problems with his running, workrste and physicality.