Elgin v Rovers

Rovers looking to extend their unbeaten run while the home side looking for their first win. I don’t think it will be a repeat of the last game which ended 5-2 with a couple of freebies chucked in from the Elgin keeper. Elgin always a dangerous side especially at home. Either way it’s early days yet for the league table settle barring Kelty who should on paper win it at a canter.

Great performance. I thought we looked a bit iffy early on but as soon as the first went in all nerves were settled and they played some great football. Hester was unplayable as he so often is and O'Keefe seemed to have the beating of his man every time. I also thought Tony Dingwall finally showed the sort of ability we've been expecting, and whenever he lost it he worked to win it back. Cooney looked pretty competent too.

Big Big win for Elgin. Loose that game and we are bottom of the League and the pressure is on and confidence low, immediately on the back foot.  Momentum is imperative in this League. 
I thoroughly enjoyed the game and some of Elgin’s football was great to watch. Had a few dodgy moments at the back early on, sometimes caused by us IMO over playing out from the back. I counted at least half a dozen times when McHale played it wide to McHardy, under pressure, who then lumped it forward giving possession away every time. Good to see them playing out from the back but there is a time to do it and not! Some great football going forward Hester took his goals well and could have had six. Like all good strikers Hester doesn’t seem to let a miss bother him and is always looking for the next opportunity. He was aided by some excellent set up play by Soapy who I thought showed his class with excellent passing, once he settled, despite him not having a lot of training and game time this year, O’Keefe had his best game that I’ve seen for Elgin, if he can produce that consistently he will be a big player and Tony Dingwall showed glimpses of the player we hope he will be for us. The new lad Cooney settled well and looked like he will be a good asset. I have mentioned some players but in truth the whole team played well and contributed. 
I was expecting more from Rovers. Maybe just a bad day at the office.

Agree with Thom& Gerry completely. Elgin played their best football for a long time but Albion stood off them and allowed them to play. We exploited their slow back four but the game against Forfar will be a much harder test. Brian Cameron is so much better suited to the support striker role and links up with Kane much better than anyone else.