Keyham shootings

23 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

He apparently lived in Shetland for a while and still has family there.

His dad sounds a complete scumbag. I wonder what percentage of these mass shooters have violent and/or absent fathers.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/plymouth-shooter-spent-time-scotland-24757691

Complete heidbanger!

58 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why did this guy need, or get given, a licence for a pump action shotgun?

In what worlde does anyone need a pump action shotgun?

Genuinely didnt think those were legal to own. I hope they no longer will be.

Absolutely this.

We may have relatively strict gun laws, but they're not nearly strict enough if they permit a man living in an urban setting to legally possess such a weapon.  

Clearly, people have screwed up terribly here by initially granting, then recently returning his licence to him.  The system enabled such human error though, and it's shocking to learn that it's still possible.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Absolutely this.

We may have relatively strict gun laws, but they're not nearly strict enough if they permit a man living in an urban setting to legally possess such a weapon.  

Clearly, people have screwed up terribly here by initially granting, then recently returning his licence to him.  The system enabled such human error though, and it's shocking to learn that it's still possible.

Yes, this looks like a travesty that could have been prevented. I read the daily record report about him in Shetland, and their source mention that he had mental health issues and was not surprised that this happened.  I then went and checked the Application for firearms and shotguns. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/667450/Form_201_-_21_Nov_2017_-_PDF.pdf

lot's of medical procedures in place.  How the f**k did he get past.  His neighbours knew he mas mental, but his doctor gave him the all clear.

Shocking.   

6 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Yes, this looks like a travesty that could have been prevented. I read the daily record report about him in Shetland, and their source mention that he had mental health issues and was not surprised that this happened.  I then went and checked the Application for firearms and shotguns. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/667450/Form_201_-_21_Nov_2017_-_PDF.pdf

lot's of medical procedures in place.  How the f**k did he get past.  His neighbours knew he mas mental, but his doctor gave him the all clear.

Shocking.   

I suppose there's a difference between people around you thinking you're rather unhinged, and you thinking it sufficiently yourself, to seek medical intervention.   If he's not shown blatant signs in a setting like a workplace or school, nobody else is likely to have referred him either.

I think I'm right in saying that there are no questions about family history in terms of mental health and convictions.  Perhaps it would be discriminatory to ask, but it might provide markers.

In a way, I'm more interested in how he accounted for why he needed a gun.  It seems you have to either provide details of a club you belong to for firing at targets, or account for a rural need such as dealing with vermin in a farming context.

I'm also intrigued by the referee section.  What sort of person can provide a reference and how diligently are such things followed up?

For me, the default answer to such applications should be no, with the absolute onus on the applicant to prove a need, and to allow all manner of background checks.  It doesn't, on the face of it, look like that's the case.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

He apparently lived in Shetland for a while and still has family there.

His dad sounds a complete scumbag. I wonder what percentage of these mass shooters have violent and/or absent fathers.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/plymouth-shooter-spent-time-scotland-24757691

It's important for the Record to find a "Scots" angle. Fred West was an ice cream man here you know, Donald Trump's Mother was Scottish.

Anyway, "here's your killing machine back, now be good"!

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

That's his rampage being compared to video games....

It only ever works with gun rampage killings. Nobody ever scores a rabona worldie and then we get months of newspapers saying how it's all because of FIFA.

Its a fucking joke. 

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's important for the Record to find a "Scots" angle. Fred West was an ice cream man here you know, Donald Trump's Mother was Scottish.

Anyway, "here's your killing machine back, now be good"!

Saddam Hussein used to like watching Scottish football on Sky. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It only ever works with gun rampage killings. Nobody ever scores a rabona worldie and then we get months of newspapers saying how it's all because of FIFA.

Its a fucking joke. 

"I managed to completely revolutionise the ordering of the stock room due to hours spent on Candy Crush"

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Why did this guy need, or get given, a licence for a pump action shotgun?

In what worlde does anyone need a pump action shotgun?

Genuinely didnt think those were legal to own. I hope they no longer will be.

Such obvious questions and which will surely be put to Devon & Cornwall police, and any other forces who issue licenses for pump action shotguns.

It will be interesting to hear their answers.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

That's his rampage being compared to video games....how long before they come out with the story of him listening to slayer and slipknot so those must be the cause?

Massive fan of Rambo and video nasties IMO.