Keyham shootings

19 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I wonder why someone would try to derail this into a "debate" about Muslims. Actually, no I don't, I think we all know exactly why he's done that.

Not a debate about muslims, just pointing out the fallacy and hypocrisy of the hand wringing lefties on here banging on about bans, So answer my question please. 

Edited by Al666

3 minutes ago, Al666 said:

Not a debate about muslims, just pointing out the fallacy and hypocrisy of the hand wringing lefties on here banging on about bans, So answer my question please. 

I don't understand your question. Shouldn't we be trying to deal with both? The more guns there are in circulation the easier it is for bad actors of all persuasions to get hold of them, so surely restricting their numbers is a good thing?

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Why don't you just save us all the bother and tell us exactly how you'd deal with it, Nigel?

I don't have a solution, but I genuinely want to know how you people with a ban it mentality think we should deal with it. In your own time princess!

2 minutes ago, Al666 said:

I don't have a solution, but I genuinely want to know how you people with a ban it mentality think we should deal with it. In your own time princess!

Still don't understand the question.

Drastic police cuts made by successive Tory governments in the early 2010s (those bloody lefty loonies!) significantly hampered the UK's ability to sniff out and deal with potential terror incidents. 

Christ knows what that's got to do with this though. Whilst we're just bringing random irrelevant shite into the debate, why on earth are folk talking about banning guns when those bloody potholes are still on my road? 

1 minute ago, Al666 said:

4 minutes ago, Al666 said:

In the same period you quote, 5x as many women were murdered by their partners. Why the fascination with Islam? Surely the lack of easily available weapons is precisely why terror attacks are so few and far between? 

I wonder what it is about metal music that turns more of them on average into weird reactionaries is it the loud, abrasive and obnoxious nature of it? You never really see Ben UFO or Charli XCX fans making 12 hour videos about Islamic terrorism.

59 minutes ago, Al666 said:

Manchester Arena, Twenty-three people died, including the attacker, and 1,017 were injured, some of them children

London Bridge 2017 Eight people were killed and 48 were injured,.

July 7th bombings 52 UK residents of 18 different nationalities were killed and more than 700 were injured in the attacks, making it the UK's deadliest terrorist incident since the 1988 Lockerbie bombing.(243 passengers and 16 crew)

Asad Shah murdered by Tanveer Ahmed in Glasgow

The majority of deaths by shooting are from illegally held weapons

In the last few years there's been less than 50 killed by legally held weapons as far as I'm aware.

None of these examples you've given were as a result of firearms. Stabbings, bombings and the like, but not firearms. 

1 hour ago, Al666 said:

What was your question? Why don't we ban Radical Islam? Erm, we do. There are hundreds of Jihadi groups that it is illegal for British citizens to join or fund. You also can't actually do terrorism, legally, funnily enough.

Comparing it to handgun legislation is a complete misnomer as you can ban physical things such as handguns, you can't ban thoughts.

Also singling out terrorism associated with one particular religious group as opposed to, say, Fascist or Irish terrorists suggests a racist motive.

Now, did you have point?

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

11 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

None of these examples you've given were as a result of firearms. Stabbings, bombings and the like, but not firearms. 

I think that has something to do with the point he was trying to make, whatever it was. He's going to have to resit cultural warrior's beginner class to make an impact on here.

Edited by welshbairn

Had no idea who that was, so decided to click and find out.

First post: "Whilst you're here, sign up for PPV: -hard anal -gaping -4K/HD vids -BGG vids -amateur and professional style content -me talkin shit"  :blink: