Keyham shootings

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Ba'athgate Thistle supporter

Can’t remember where I’d read it but the article was around the mid-late 90s where it was usually someone v Rangers or Celtic on a Sunday and Hussein would cheer on whoever they were playing. 

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Imagine downvoting this. It's probably the best post ever on The Forum.

Marsh "doesn't care about dots" Mallo strikes again. 

My post was objectively top tier and you dotted it, your admittedly funny pun was fair game. 

19 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

You should only be allowed a gun if you're a certified shagger. They could even do a tier list so for example if you wanted a desert eagle you had to have over 150 shags. 300 for a shotgun. 500 for an AR. 

E57F0B42-F523-4B52-BCC5-225785BE85E8.png.8584fd7cc16b1121f8abb47abf335931.png delete your account.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Yeh club storage would be a good idea, although not sure how practical for the likes of farmers etc. 

But worth remembering that most people who have mental ill health especially depression don't think if going on a murderous rampage.

While I’m in favour of gun control and strict checks I think we can take gun control too far.

Back in the day I had a mate who was in the army who was into sport shooting with handguns.  Part of the terms of his handgun license was that the gun was kept in the armoury at his barracks.  After the blanket ban on handguns he had to give it up.  That just didn’t seem right to me when it was stored in about as safe a place as possible.  After the ban he wasn’t even allowed to use his own gun on the army range but was allowed to use one of the armies handguns.

Sport shooting may seem bizarre to most of us but it’s a genuine Olympic sport that has been around for decades.

Enforce strict control on gun storage like having to store guns in a barracks or police armoury.  Undertake phsycological testing for anyone that requests a license with periodic re-certification.  Make them bear the cost if they’re not requesting the license for work purposes (like a farmer).  I’m not in favour of outright prohibition though.

12 minutes ago, Left Back said:

While I’m in favour of gun control and strict checks I think we can take gun control too far.

Back in the day I had a mate who was in the army who was into sport shooting with handguns.  Part of the terms of his handgun license was that the gun was kept in the armoury at his barracks.  After the blanket ban on handguns he had to give it up.  That just didn’t seem right to me when it was stored in about as safe a place as possible.  After the ban he wasn’t even allowed to use his own gun on the army range but was allowed to use one of the armies handguns.

Sport shooting may seem bizarre to most of us but it’s a genuine Olympic sport that has been around for decades.

Enforce strict control on gun storage like having to store guns in a barracks or police armoury.  Undertake phsycological testing for anyone that requests a license with periodic re-certification.  Make them bear the cost if they’re not requesting the license for work purposes (like a farmer).  I’m not in favour of outright prohibition though.

Yeh I wouldn't ban sport shooting but agree that the checks are probably light touch.

I know a few folk with guns, my uncle is a former Canadian para who does sport shooting with targets and clay pigeons and the like and the other is a former C.I who hunts both keep their guns in their house in strong boxes but as with anything there are probably people who aren't as responsible with their guns and tbh I struggle to believe that pump action shot guns are legal in the UK seems over kill for sport or hunting/ pest control.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Can’t remember where I’d read it but the article was around the mid-late 90s where it was usually someone v Rangers or Celtic on a Sunday and Hussein would cheer on whoever they were playing. 

Saddam Hussein hating the OF would definitely change my opinion of him

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/means-matter/means-matter/saves-lives/

When the UK changed the type of gas fed into homes it’s estimated there was a drop in the number of suicides in the region of 6000-7000 over the next decade. Removing the means to shoot folk means fewer people being shot. It’s unlikely that guy would have bludgeoned six folk to death with his Xbox controller or a cricket bat if he didn’t have a gun; instead he’d probably be home right now moaning that he can’t get a ride. The easy access to the gun is what set the tragedy in motion. 

7 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Stormzy is clearly a worse person than Saddam Hussein and a bigger virgin than The Virgin Killer.

He came out declaring his undying support for Logan Paul a few weeks ago as well as the other nonsense.