Annan Ath v The Binos

Well it’s the away trip most Binos fans look forward too, usually not for the football tbh. [emoji23]

After the disappointment last Saturday when we were well beaten by Kelty Hearts, can we bounce back and get all 3 points against an Annan side fresh from a surprise victory away from home against Stranraer, it’s going to be tough but hopefully the team will rise to the occasion and show that last week was a blip.

Prdediction Annan Ath 1 Binos 2.

Dreadful performance. Two weeks running we concede 2 goals in the space of 2 minutes. Blair Currie hesitant again and at fault for the first goal.

KR needs to sort this out sharpish.

I watched the livestream and it's the worst I've seen so far. At least Stenhousemuir had decent commentary.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

3 league games in and the support for KR as Manager has seriously plummeted.

I’ll be stunned if he can turn the supporters around.

Agree next week we face Stranraer and on the first half performance today if we play like that then we will get nothing. 

After the Stranraer game we face Stirling Albion Reserves sorry Albion Rovers at Forthbank which is a must win game for us. Fail to beat Rovers and Id be surprised if KR is not gone. 

Whilst its only 3 games into the season its very worrying just how bad we are playing in the last 2 games we have conceded 6 goals. 4 goals scored in 2 60 sec spells have cost us these matches. For a team hoping to get into the playoffs at least its very concerning how badly the Club has started the season. 

1 hour ago, mr_malcolm said:

I thought Stirling Albion were supposed to be one of the favourites for the league ?

Who said that don't think anybody at Stirling felt we were going to win this League, not with the money Kelty is spending. Playoffs was our only chance of getting promoted. 

1 hour ago, Solway Star said:

Very well deserved victory for Annan. Superior all the way through and sent Flannie and Rabin 

home with their tail between their legs! Onwards and upwards Annan!

Agree, sorry to say this but our performance in the first half when we lost 2 goals within 60 secs cost us the match. Second half we at least created some chances and might have been on level terms but could not get that second goal and a late breakaway in the 85th minute to make it 3-1 meant it was game over. All credit to Annan today, as for us its on to Stranraer next week and lets hope the team that started to play in the 2nd half turns up if not then we will get nothing. 

Flanagan and Omar were poor. Until today Flanagan's been our best player.
Enjoy your purple patch.

The reason he’s playing in this league, he only turns up when it suits him.

Any Stirling fans want to give the lad behind the goals a shout-out for collecting the match ball and kicking it as far out the ground as possible, when his team was trailing by 2 goals!!!

Totally agree about Kevin I’ve watched his post match interview and he has tossed the players under the bus I think he has to look at himself anytime I watch him on the touchline his bark seems to worse than his bite personally I think it’s time for change 

11 hours ago, rhliston said:

Agree, sorry to say this but our performance in the first half when we lost 2 goals within 60 secs cost us the match. Second half we at least created some chances and might have been on level terms but could not get that second goal and a late breakaway in the 85th minute to make it 3-1 meant it was game over. All credit to Annan today, as for us its on to Stranraer next week and lets hope the team that started to play in the 2nd half turns up if not then we will get nothing. 

Unfortunately, I think you are being too kind, glossing it as a closer match than it was. Once again, the Binos side was huffing and puffing without guile. If they appeared to be pressing in the 2nd half, that is probably just down to the tendency of a team at this level with a 2 goal lead to sit back.  I doubt Greg Fleming will have felt he had a stressful afternoon.  Lacking McLean and Leitch, this team is shaky at the back and creating little from the middle. Like last year's, this team is less than the parts.

That’s us won one of our last 6 league games stretching back into last season. Manager has had a few years now, he’s had decent money to spend and we’re nowhere near as good as we should be.

The decision to get rid of Binnie and keep Currie was baffling to most in the summer. By now it looks downright daft. 

Annan must have one the smallest budgets in the league yet won 3-0 at Stranraer and 3-1 against us. Clearly their manager — unlike ours — knows how to get the best out of the players at his disposal.