Crowds

ALL clubs?

Where is this rule?

The only time I've ever seen a rule regarding attendances was the SJFA required it on their return when a Junior Cup tie was played. These figures were never reported publicly.

I can imagine there will be some kind of rule for SPFL but I doubt there's a rule for Tier 6 and below. Even Tier 5.

17 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

ALL clubs?

Where is this rule?

The only time I've ever seen a rule regarding attendances was the SJFA required it on their return when a Junior Cup tie was played. These figures were never reported publicly.

I can imagine there will be some kind of rule for SPFL but I doubt there's a rule for Tier 6 and below. Even Tier 5.

If that was in reference to my post, I wasn’t implying it was rules, I was us saying all they have to do is put attendances on websites, then threads like this would be easy to answer, are attendances up or not? 

I was pointing out clubs at this level for a long time have always had been reluctant to announce figures….

59 minutes ago, superpollok said:

If that was in reference to my post, I wasn’t implying it was rules, I was us saying all they have to do is put attendances on websites, then threads like this would be easy to answer, are attendances up or not? 

I was pointing out clubs at this level for a long time have always had been reluctant to announce figures….

It was - I can't read English any more. Or I can read it - but I interpret it how I want to......not how the person intends it to be read. You're right, you made no implication.

As for announcing figures - it would end up like SPFL and different clubs have different criteria. Rangers and Celtic include ST holders as they have paid for a seat and they may not turn up. 

Not sure of all the rulings of the spfl, SFA etc, but what if a man in a blazer turns up and says 'I want to inspect your books' then surely monies and attendances must tally ? Just me being cynical. Would say that any club that has a hard core of 100 upwards, has a good chance to go further. Down south the Isthmian, Southern  and Northern have crowds below 100, must do well to stay afloat.

You've just come out of a league structure in the Juniors where there was nowhere to go if you won the league. Guessing you must have hated the Juniors which had 0% chance of progression from its top flight.
Thankfully the senior leagues offer clubs the opportunity to progress up the pyramid.  Its not perfect at the moment but its a start and as clubs find their place in the pyramid things will change. Its all a lot better than what clubs had a couple of years ago.
I know what your saying but with a pyramid in place now - if you win a league you should get automatic promotion imo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...