Board Upgrade

5 hours ago, Div said:

I've created a dark replica of the default theme now, so when you click the Moon icon on the default theme it will now take you to that new dark theme.

A proper implementation of this would allow us to click a 'moon icon' over posts made by a fair few howlers on here - especially on the Rangers threads - so their posts turn dark.

I can provide a list if you'd like...

12 minutes ago, Div said:

You’re viewing the forum on grid mode, I’ll need to ask some header images for the folk that use that view (this isn’t the default).

What is the default view, and how to change either of the browsers to get it?

The new "Top posters in this topic" bar (which I personally find a bit intrusive, but others may like) seems to have a problem with its ordering. It goes 1st, 4th, 3rd, 2nd rather than the more established approach of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.

As mentioned earlier, the "new posts below here" line (or whatever it used to say) no longer displays any text, and is hard to distinguish from the standard spacing between posts - I think it's a bit wider but it's not obviously so. Personally I liked it better when there was no spacing between posts, I don't really see the benefit, but again others may disagree.

Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 18.28.07.png

Edited by craigkillie

5 hours ago, Gallus Numpty said:

How do I get proper email notifications back? The emails now just show first couple of lines of each post, which is mince.

@Div  fair point.

11 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Yeah the top posters thing is starting to get on my tits now. When you discover a thread and start reading it.  It starts to get annoying. 

the way it was before you clicked on it before going into the thread and saw everyone who had posted.  It didn't interfere with thread.

7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Feedback on the mobile iOS. The font size of the “whoever replied to this” is too similar to the font size of the message preview. Very annoying. Would be better if you could be smaller (used to be I think). Makes previewing pish and means you only get a couple of messages on the screen at a time.

It’s similar on the iPad but less noticeable because it’s a bigger screen.

721C9C1A-6EEC-4283-9091-3C9A3B9C12DB.jpeg

This. I'd rather just see the reply and the avatar to be honest

2 hours ago, German Jag said:

What is the default view, and how to change either of the browsers to get it?

Use these three little squares towards the top of the forum home to change the view type. There are three options.

9C5FF92E-7232-4161-880B-2B5A8B2FF4CF.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Mr X said:

This. I'd rather just see the reply and the avatar to be honest

Is this on the activity stream?

There is already a condensed and expanded option in there?

Expanded includes the avatar, condensed fits more rows in?

D794494F-01A3-4B44-82A6-20902B548238.jpeg

I’ve switched the topic summary bar off on mobile but I’m leaving it on for desktop and tablet for now anyway.

It’s not really doing any harm, is it? 🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, Div said:

Use these three little squares towards the top of the forum home to change the view type. There are three options.

9C5FF92E-7232-4161-880B-2B5A8B2FF4CF.jpeg

Thanks. One last (promise) question, is it possible to change the font/type colour to black within the 'NEW' button, or even better to change all the buttons on the Thistle theme to Red with white text. This goes for the unread topics buttons.image.png.224492d9b3dfa6209cae09c4ce9f2e92.png

30 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Thanks. One last (promise) question, is it possible to change the font/type colour to black within the 'NEW' button, or even better to change all the buttons on the Thistle theme to Red with white text. This goes for the unread topics buttons.image.png.224492d9b3dfa6209cae09c4ce9f2e92.png

Done. I've left a few wee yellow bits, can't have it all red and white!

1 hour ago, Div said:

I’ve switched the topic summary bar off on mobile but I’m leaving it on for desktop and tablet for now anyway.

It’s not really doing any harm, is it? 🤷‍♂️

Yes yes it is.

Gonnae turn it off please.  I think about a premium sub.

Edited by Lofarl

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Realise I keep bleating about this but the lack of a back to forum button is a real pain in the arse.

There's even a space for it beside the home button.

The breadcrumbs next to the home button are your route back, to whatever level you've came from?

3 minutes ago, Div said:

The breadcrumbs next to the home button are your route back, to whatever level you've came from?

Aye, but they're so long it's a case of wheeling across. 

It's a petty third world problem I grant you but was easier when it was in that wee slot.

Screenshot_20210814-001334_Chrome.jpg

On 12/08/2021 at 22:56, Lofarl said:

I like how people I ignore I never even see that they have posted.  Unless someone quotes them that is.

Conversely, I’m missing out on that feeling of self contentment from knowing I’m not having to read content from a particular Kia driver or the board’s self-appointed Idiotfinder General.