Board Upgrade

9 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Is there any way to get rid of the stats thing RiG thinks is a good idea?

Can you get custom user titles back again? Another board I post on recently switched to something similar to this and lost those, it didn't go down well there.

Done.

10 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

New one: the 2016 theme has a picture of the 2007 UEFA Cup final as the background, but this isn't an option in the custom background list. Can you add it to those? I'm using the 2017 theme for the font but I'm used to that background

No problem. That background has been added as an option on all the P&B Themes that support custom backgrounds.

4 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Please tell me you can move it under the username rather than where it is

Sorry I can't move it there without editing core files and that is definitely not happening!

Just now, Lofarl said:

First Twitter changing and now this.  I miss being able to see people’s rep.

If you hover over their name you can see it 😁

@Div  I just changed my theme to Dark.  Now I can't change it back.  Where is the theme change button?  It's not at the bottom left.  Help.

It's a trick, isn't it.  Once you go black you're not going back.  Help me bruvs.  I feel like i'm in a toon army website.

Edited by SlipperyP

5 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

@Div  I just changed my theme to Dark.  Now I can't change it back.  Where is the theme change button?  It's not at the bottom left.  Help.

It's a trick, isn't it.  Once you go black you're not going back.  Help me bruvs.  I feel like i'm in a toon army website.

At the very bottom of the page on iPhone. Would assume it’s same place on Android too (?)

FE705F27-9E5C-40B9-8834-13F438320989.jpeg

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

At the very bottom of the page on iPhone. Would assume it’s same place on Android too (?)

FE705F27-9E5C-40B9-8834-13F438320989.jpeg

got it, thanks. i'm on desktop laptop.  It changed it position after change, what a few minutes of panic that was.....

Edited by SlipperyP

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Not a big fan of clicking the "expand" button to read quotes. 

Probably the best feature of the upgrade for me. Nothing worse when someone types out a 40 paragraph post and 13 others quote it just to say "totally agree" or "100% this". 

34 minutes ago, Div said:

Sorry I can't move it there without editing core files and that is definitely not happening!

A power complex just like  N S. His celebrity status and appearances on the Beeb have gone to his Head. Although I can't quite see him on "Naked Attraction", a place on "Love Island" or "Strictly"  is surely next.:king

1 hour ago, Div said:

Yeah there is a breadcrumb at the top of the board that allows you to skip back to whatever level you want, either the current section you are in, or back to the forum home etc...

In terms of folk not being taken to the last unread content when clicking on a topic title, that should be working (it is for me anyway).

Try setting the whole forum to unread to see if that fixes it going forward?

Works fine on PC, but wasn't on the phone. I'll have another look later at that.

@Div minor issue but a very easy one to resolve (if you want to, of course).

The current favicon for the forum is not the most recognisable, it's the P&B swoop logo, when in amongst 20 or 30 open tabs (for those unaware, the favicon is the icon that appears on those tabs). The previous one was this.. favicon.ico (https://www.pieandbovril.com/favicon.ico) ..which is still used in the non-forum based pages.

2 hours ago, Div said:

I've installed a new theme called "P&B Dark" for those who are afraid of the light.

I have trouble with an eye thing called floaters - no, I didn't make that up - and the dark mode is far easier for me to read. Thanks!

First up, I like the new upgrade, I do have a query about board usage...

Is there a way to "bury" a topic you don't want to see again, similar to how you can ignore a poster?

One of the ways I view the board is by topics I've posted in but there's stuff on there I've not posted in for years and don't have any interest in posting in again. Also I made the mistake once of posting in the covid thread...

I get the "just don't click on it" answer, and I know you can follow / unfollow individual forums, but it would be a nice QoL update if I didn't have to scroll past things I've no interest in.

Edited by Fuctifano