Board Upgrade

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Just get these instructive ads to f**k eh.   You’re close to forcing me to Adblock.

You can avoid all the adverts and still contribute to the running costs of the site by taking out a platinum subscription for £1 a month.

That’s less than 4p a day 😬

9 hours ago, Proposition Joe said:

What exclusive upgrades did the platinum members get ?

They got access to their own theme which uses a different page loading method so it's a wee bit quicker than the other themes (we are able to do that because we don't load adverts on that theme).

And they get zero adverts across the whole site.

The ads are a pain, but they pay for the not insignificant running costs of the forum, and keep me out of the slums of Paisley, so well worth it.

On 13/08/2021 at 18:32, craigkillie said:

The new "Top posters in this topic" bar (which I personally find a bit intrusive, but others may like) seems to have a problem with its ordering. It goes 1st, 4th, 3rd, 2nd rather than the more established approach of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.

Depending on how the season goes, I may be lobbying for this to be brought in for League One come April/May.

21 hours ago, morrison said:

Just switched to dark mode, which is much more to my liking.

Any chance the background to tags can be changed? It's very bright and makes the text unreadable.

Cheers!

Screenshot_20210824-134018_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3b755a91490103356d834796b1dbee73.jpg

Fixed!

Another minor whinge about Dark Mode - some of the classic emoticons have white borders, and it makes them look like they've been stuck on the screen with a cross-section of double-sided tape.

Perhaps nothing can be done, but it vexes me. It vexes me greatly.

Dark.png

On 25/08/2021 at 20:20, BFTD said:

Another minor whinge about Dark Mode - some of the classic emoticons have white borders, and it makes them look like they've been stuck on the screen with a cross-section of double-sided tape.

Perhaps nothing can be done, but it vexes me. It vexes me greatly.

Dark.png

Yeah that is a wee bit annoying. The P&B Traditional Emoji set is 15 years old. We've kept it in place to preserve the look of really old posts on the board.

Maybe time to consider retiring that set and just running with the standard emoji set. I'll give it some thought!

1 hour ago, Div said:

Yeah that is a wee bit annoying. The P&B Traditional Emoji set is 15 years old. We've kept it in place to preserve the look of really old posts on the board.

Maybe time to consider retiring that set and just running with the standard emoji set. I'll give it some thought!

Nooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh! :o:blink::shutup

Nooooooooooohhh

1 hour ago, Div said:

:guns