Board Upgrade

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It might just be me, and it's really fucking petty, but it appears that the green on the upvote arrow is different to the green on the square that indicates reputation awarded.

I know it's only coloured circles on the internet, but it's annoying me

Your green dot was a test. I don't condone such pettiness.

Actually, that's not true but you're a DAB.

5 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A further gripe on iOS. Quoting a post, the cursor always disappears behind the little menu meaning I need to scroll up to see what I’m typing. 

Anyone else have this problem?

Can this menu disappear when quoting?

7B1CCDFB-F3BB-4B73-87DB-6E517354FFA2.jpeg

You can switch that menu at the bottom off by going into the options at the top of the forum (the wee switch next to the moon icon)

23 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Having read through this thread, it’s obvious that I need someone to come round to my house to show me all the little intricacies of P&B. 

I had a Citroen C4 Cactus  a few years back which I now appreciate was great to drive but which I unfortunately traded in for a Citroen C3 AirCross with all the bells and whistles. The boffins at Citroen have installed the latest technological miracles using miniaturisation with touchscreen or buttons all over the car. It keeps telling us off for God knows what or bangs on at increasing volume about very obvious things ( for example keyless entry and alarms, seatbelts, lane changes ). it isn't a patch on my previous Citroen.

Sorry Div, the P & B  UpGrade may be a triumph of technology and P and B geeks may love the mod cons but this senior citizen was more than happy with the old simpler model.

53 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I had a Citroen C4 Cactus  a few years back which I now appreciate was great to drive but which I unfortunately traded in for a Citroen C3 AirCross with all the bells and whistles. The boffins at Citroen have installed the latest technological miracles using miniaturisation with touchscreen or buttons all over the car. It keeps telling us off for God knows what or bangs on at increasing volume about very obvious things ( for example keyless entry and alarms, seatbelts, lane changes ). it isn't a patch on my previous Citroen.

Sorry Div, the P & B  UpGrade may be a triumph of technology and P and B geeks may love the mod cons but this senior citizen was more than happy with the old simpler model.

It’s not changed that much 😂

2 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I wasn’t meaning that it’s had really changed, more that there are things there, that have always been there, that I don’t know how to do.

The Reddit embedding is a bit of a problem with Firefox/Win10, in that It seems to autoplay (with audio) and there is no icon to either show it is playing or any pause control. Clicking it does stop it playing but it's not obvious. What compounds this is when it's been quoted as it autoplays there too, and because quotes are now in a condensed form, it's even harder to tell where the sound is coming from.

There is an example of it here, where I posted a Reddit link and the forum automatically formatted it. You'll see Sergeant Wilson quoted that post a couple of posts down.

I've not looked at how Invision embed Reddit stuff with this update, so I'm unsure if there is a simple fix. It seems to be a browser specific thing and I'm not sure how many Reddit links you expect to be embedded, but I just thought I'd mention it anyway.

Just did a little check, Chrome autoplays but with no audio, while Edge (which is essentially Chrome) does neither, no sound or autoplay. So just a Firefox issue.

42 minutes ago, Ric said:

The Reddit embedding is a bit of a problem with Firefox/Win10, in that It seems to autoplay (with audio) and there is no icon to either show it is playing or any pause control. Clicking it does stop it playing but it's not obvious. What compounds this is when it's been quoted as it autoplays there too, and because quotes are now in a condensed form, it's even harder to tell where the sound is coming from.

There is an example of it here, where I posted a Reddit link and the forum automatically formatted it. You'll see Sergeant Wilson quoted that post a couple of posts down.

I've not looked at how Invision embed Reddit stuff with this update, so I'm unsure if there is a simple fix. It seems to be a browser specific thing and I'm not sure how many Reddit links you expect to be embedded, but I just thought I'd mention it anyway.

Just did a little check, Chrome autoplays but with no audio, while Edge (which is essentially Chrome) does neither, no sound or autoplay. So just a Firefox issue.

See what I mean:1eye:1eye

17 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Is there a way to keep the navigation bar turned off? Every time I log in it’s back again and need to turn it off again.

The preference should be stored against your account?

2 hours ago, Proposition Joe said:

The people have spoken.

It's time to consign this disastrous experiment to the dustbin of history.

ShockedNastyGrouse-max-1mb.gif.aec322d338f2a16e170163558350eb4f.gif

On the contrary, I’d say this is the most successful upgrade we’ve ever done 😂