Board Upgrade

32 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Just having a nosey about & went to the staff page, a load of mods in there that I can't ever recall seeing in any threads. Do like the new set up.

Yeah there are a few folk with rights just on one section or even one thread. I've tidied up the Staff Directory to reflect the actual mod team.

Users of the default P&B theme, P&B 2017 or P&B 2019 can now flick to the dark theme by tapping the wee moon icon at the top of the board.

I've not actually made a light/dark version of the main theme as I am lazy so if you want to hop back having moved to the dark version you'll need to scroll to the bottom of the page and use the theme chooser to go back the way.

20 minutes ago, Div said:

Users of the default P&B theme, P&B 2017 or P&B 2019 can now flick to the dark theme by tapping the wee moon icon at the top of the board.

I've not actually made a light/dark version of the main theme as I am lazy so if you want to hop back having moved to the dark version you'll need to scroll to the bottom of the page and use the theme chooser to go back the way.

Oh yes this is lovely 👍

Having switched to the Dark theme, I now thoroughly approve of this upgrade. Nothing to complain about; what is the world coming to.

All the stats about post counts and shit will have delighted a few folk. Shame MixuFixit/MixuFruit/Pato/whatever the f**k he's calling himself this week couldn't automate a few advanced statistical graphs for each thread.

Edit: @TAFKAM, that's the one. Good God, man, acronyms are for utter wrong 'uns.

Edited by BFTD

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Tried the Dark Theme there to see what all this fuss is about. Horrendous. Are you people vampires?

Dark Mode is one of the greatest myths of the modern internet. I'm convinced people only demand it and say it's better because they see other extremely online people saying it's good. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Probably the best feature of the upgrade for me. Nothing worse when someone types out a 40 paragraph post and 13 others quote it just to say "totally agree" or "100% this". 

Post of the year, best post on this site etc...

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Know how this may sound, but is there any way to make the text on the dark mode a little bit whiter. Like the dark mode but the comments and the like don't stand out quite as much against the background in desktop.

I've made it a tiny wee bit lighter, but it is supposed to be dark 🙂

35 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Petty niggle, but the Patrick Thistle theme displays the current page number in white on white.2E72D195-141D-422B-A33F-F9611BEBBE93.thumb.jpeg.d638fb6eb45b03ef88288346029b1c2f.jpeg

Great shout, that was set wrong on all the Team Themes!

Now fixed.

4 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

First up, I like the new upgrade, I do have a query about board usage...

Is there a way to "bury" a topic you don't want to see again, similar to how you can ignore a poster?

One of the ways I view the board is by topics I've posted in but there's stuff on there I've not posted in for years and don't have any interest in posting in again. Also I made the mistake once of posting in the covid thread...

I get the "just don't click on it" answer, and I know you can follow / unfollow individual forums, but it would be a nice QoL update if I didn't have to scroll past things I've no interest in.

I asked this a couple of years ago and didn't get a reply.