Board Upgrade

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Not a big fan of clicking the "expand" button to read quotes. 

It's not actually just quotes that are affected by that, it applied to all long posts. Designed to make the forum easier to read.

Accept that might not actually be the case but that's the thinking behind it!

Can't switch that feature off I'm afraid!

Clicking on a topic title used to take me to the first unread post in that thread.

Now it takes me to post #1, even if I was there 5 minutes ago.

This vexeth one, especially when one is a regular reader of a large and popular thread like, oooh, for example the extremely popular and beautifully written Falkirk FC thread.

Can this be corrected or have I missed something?

1 minute ago, Div said:

It's not actually just quotes that are affected by that, it applied to all long posts. Designed to make the forum easier to read.

Accept that might not actually be the case but that's the thinking behind it!

Can't switch that feature off I'm afraid!

Excellent. There's nothing worse than scrolling through screeds of a big long post being quoted by everyone!

Just now, Rugster said:

Excellent. There's nothing worse than scrolling through screeds of a big long post being quoted by everyone!

I can't believe I'm really reading a positive post from you the day after an upgrade.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE etc etc..

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Clicking on a topic title used to take me to the first unread post in that thread.

Click the star or speech bubble and it takes you to the first new post.

1 minute ago, Div said:

I can't believe I'm really reading a positive post from you the day after an upgrade.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE etc etc..

Actually two if you read my previous one! Don't get used to it baldy.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Whats the deciding factor in whether you get a wee pie or a wee bovril next to your avatar? 

Is it if yer a pie or not?

quoting this to see if I'm a pie

44 minutes ago, Div said:

Our own app has long since been withdrawn but you should still be able to connect to the forum if you have it installed?

Try closing it right down and re-starting it.

Failing that look for "Tapatalk" in your App Store and download that - ours was just a branded version of that and is definitely working as I've just tested it.

We should hopefully have a new app at some point now, but still waiting on that coming out of beta testing by the forum developers.

Totally borked for me :(

Clearing data got the app to launch and can browse topics but just closes when I log in. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

In all seriousness though, just me that's missing the 'back' button on the forum. I know I can do it manually on my phone's keypad but it was much more effective integrated into the forum.

Seconded.

Edit. Although I just noticed you can use the scrolling bar at the top to go back to the forum.

Edited by paulbrucerick

Yeah there is a breadcrumb at the top of the board that allows you to skip back to whatever level you want, either the current section you are in, or back to the forum home etc...

In terms of folk not being taken to the last unread content when clicking on a topic title, that should be working (it is for me anyway).

Try setting the whole forum to unread to see if that fixes it going forward?