Board Upgrade

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Whats the deciding factor in whether you get a wee pie or a wee bovril next to your avatar? 

Is it if yer a pie or not?

Looks like it's to do with your "achievements" mine says 7/10 and has a wee jar of Bovril. No idea what achievements are though?

Entering a dotting war?

Creating an alias?

Resigning from the forum?

7 hours ago, Div said:

Yeah you can see the users reputation by clicking on their profile but I will work out how to display that in their mini profile on their post.

Leave that with me 👍

If you hover over their avatar on the post, it shows a mini profile window with their rep.

Probably won't apply to the kids using their mobile devices, instead of us grown-ups skiving at work using the work pc

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Have we got the old font back? This modern one is absolutely bogging.

I’ll create a couple of copies of the default theme this morning that has the old fonts from 2017 and 2019 and a slightly less bright colour scheme 👍

51 minutes ago, Div said:

That is the same blue that is used on the Forfar Club website 🤷‍♂️

2 wrongs don't make a right.:bairn

just notice if your on the home page and you click on a most popular thread, it takes you to the start of that thread rather than the last unread post.

Edited by SlipperyP

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Ugh, change. I don't like change. What was wrong with the old font? This is too white. I remember when this was all fields. Grumble, grumble. 

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery.  You can have that courtesy of Kevin Bridges.  

14 minutes ago, Div said:

I’ll create a couple of copies of the default theme this morning that has the old fonts from 2017 and 2019 and a slightly less bright colour scheme 👍

I'm quite happy with the brighter colour scheme which could very well have something to do with my ageing eyesight.

Just goes to show you can't please all the people all of the time.    :)

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I'm quite happy with the brighter colour scheme which could very well have something to do with my ageing eyesight.

Just goes to show you can't please all the people all of the time.    :)

f**k you and your liking of change. 

Change is bad.

I still pine for the super old theme that was around back in the day. The remake of it didn't do it justice. 

@Div is there any plans to bring back the quick menu down the bottom left where you had a scroll down list of all the forums.  Think it went a couple of years back.  It was well handy rather than having to now click home to get onto another section of the website.

Edit - I've described it horribly, hopefully you know what i'm on about.

Edited by TheScarf

We now have three additional P&B themes from previous years.

P&B 2016 is the really old classic look.

P&B 2017 is a toned down version of the new default theme with the old more traditional "Lato" font from the 2017 upgrade.

P&B 2019 is pretty much the same theme we used as our default for the last couple of years with the "Questrial" font.

All available from the theme chooser at the bottom of the site.

@craigkillie I've already switched your account to the 2017 theme.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

@Div is there any plans to bring back the quick menu down the bottom left where you had a scroll down list of all the forums.  Think it went a couple of years back.  It was well handy rather than having to now click home to get onto another section of the website.

Edit - I've described it horribly, hopefully you know what i'm on about.

I know what you mean, I think I amended the core template to do that a few years ago, will see if we can do something similar.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

f**k you and your liking of change. 

Change is bad.

I still pine for the super old theme that was around back in the day. The remake of it didn't do it justice. 

I don't like change for the sake of change, but what's wrong with a brighter, clearer and sharper display?

1 minute ago, Div said:

I know what you mean, I think I amended the core template to do that a few years ago, will see if we can do something similar.

Any chance of the pre-2016 theme making a comeback? Happy with the 2016 theme though other than notifications appearing as green.

On all the Team Themes and most of the P&B themes there is a little switch at the top of the board that allows you to personalise a theme a wee bit more.

You can choose from different backgrounds, make the board run at full width, increase the font size etc...

I'm sure you all knew that but I'm pointing it out anyway!

switch.PNG

While I presume this is an Invision default, the amendment to the fonts used and the styling of them is a welcome update - on desktop anyway, can't comment on mobile.

I hate the way Invision injects CSS variables so they can be used as content, and they continue to do so with this update, but that's a technical discussion and nothing that an end user (like P&B) can do about without manually resolving using PHP.

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I don't like change for the sake of change, but what's wrong with a brighter, clearer and sharper display?

Believe me this wasn't change for the sake of it. Re-doing all 42 team themes took me 2 days!

We were so far behind with the software that we were starting to have security and performance issues so felt I had to bite the bullet and get us up to date.

We were so far behind that the upgrade broke all the themes so had to re-do every single one. It was not a fun task!

Still, that's us bang up to date so if the fuckers ever actually get round to releasing the new App we will be able to get on that quite quickly.