Morton v Queens

25 minutes ago, virginton said:

The 'obvious route' for information about ticketing for a home game, is this:

Which is, as ever, about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. 

Agreed. So, what does one do - do you:

a) show up at the ground before the game not knowing if you'll get in, or 

b) do the next most logical thing and phone Smith's or the club, or

c) type a moaning email on P&B rather than email the club raising the same issue?

You decide........      Actually, of course, you already have. 

Indeed I have already decided, that you're the sort of simpering moron who is a gift to incompetent club officials up and down the land.

People have been dragged out of a habit of attending live football on a Saturday by nearly 18 months of disruption.

The onus is firmly on the club to get them back through the gate, before they decide never to come back at all.

To do this, GMFC needs to provide clear public information and advertising about how to get a matchday ticket - particularly now that there are almost no shan, token nonsense restrictions to put up with. 

It has a club website and an electronic ticketing system set up for that: neither are being used effectively. It also has a local newspaper to advertise details in - this has also not been done.

The onus is not on walk-up fans to email the fucking club for details, in the same way that a cinema or live music venue doesn't oblige its customers to email them for details either. 

This is all very straightforward stuff and you should just stop digging now. 

Edited by vikingTON

35 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Agreed. So, what does one do - do you:

a) show up at the ground before the game not knowing if you'll get in, or 

b) do the next most logical thing and phone Smith's or the club, or

c) type a moaning email on P&B rather than email the club raising the same issue?

You decide........      Actually, of course, you already have. 

I checked the most obvious route on the club website, Point is I shouldn't have to call Smiths or the Club to find out, just enabling the behaviour by doing that. I asked a question on here to see if anyone knew. Not sure why you've got on the moral high horse here, odd one to pick a fight about.

Away supporters may be interested as well to know what the ticketing arrangements are and shouldn't have to phone Smiths (whoever they are)  or the club to find out.  Two days before the game you would think all the information should be known and made available to those wanting to attend. 

I see they have now said in reply to a question on twitter that you can get tickets from either Smiths or Cappielow in advance as well as buying from the ticket office on arrival at the ground on the day, so that is back to normal. It's another one of little things they need to start getting right though, as they add up and don't seem like small issues when you look at the bigger picture and these mistakes are showing up all over the place.

If they'd added a sentence to their initial statement a week ago advising every method of buying tickets no one would be feeling there's an issue with their communication. Instead that oversight means people have had to chase them up for the full details, asking why they've had to when the club should be shouting the details from the rooftops to encourage people back, and where there should be nothing but positivity about the game after an encouraging start to the season fans are instead being given reasons to be justifiably complain about the club.

7 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I see they have now said in reply to a question on twitter that you can get tickets from either Smiths or Cappielow in advance as well as buying from the ticket office on arrival at the ground on the day, so that is back to normal. It's another one of little things they need to start getting right though, as they add up and don't seem like small issues when you look at the bigger picture and these mistakes are showing up all over the place.

If they'd added a sentence to their initial statement a week ago advising every method of buying tickets no one would be feeling there's an issue with their communication. Instead that oversight means people have had to chase them up for the full details, asking why they've had to when the club should be shouting the details from the rooftops to encourage people back, and where there should be nothing but positivity about the game after an encouraging start to the season fans are instead being given reasons to be justifiably complain about the club.

I don't do Twitter but I thought the Club's Official site would be the first place that this information would appear and there's still nothing on it yet.  

6 hours ago, stu_mfc said:

I checked the most obvious route on the club website, Point is I shouldn't have to call Smiths or the Club to find out, just enabling the behaviour by doing that. I asked a question on here to see if anyone knew. Not sure why you've got on the moral high horse here, odd one to pick a fight about.

Who's picking a fight? I pointed out the second-most obvious route for you to get the info you wanted; instead you chose to come on here to ask. Fair enough - but don't kid us on that you didn't enjoy having a wee moan about it as well.  😜

1 minute ago, Steeplechat said:

Away supporters still not guaranteed entry yet according to Twitter

What I don't understand, is why they need to go to the council in the first place? Current guidance is capacities of up to 5k are permitted, and then any more than that require council permission. Surely no one is delusional enough to think that the crowd could be anywhere near 5k?

51 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I don't do Twitter but I thought the Club's Official site would be the first place that this information would appear and there's still nothing on it yet.  

You're confusing Greenock Morton (all-time omnishambles; now run like a glorified bowling club committee) with a professional organisation there. 

Edited by vikingTON

3 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

What I don't understand, is why they need to go to the council in the first place? Current guidance is capacities of up to 5k are permitted, and then any more than that require council permission. Surely no one is delusional enough to think that the crowd could be anywhere near 5k?

5k capacity is the limit for seated, standing is still 2k IIRC. Morton have stated that they're able to run with 5k combined, but that technicality might be what gives the Council an opportunity to stick their oar in where it isn't needed. 

Dumfries Central being the plague pit of the country might be giving the high-vis brigade a fit of the vapours as well.

Just now, virginton said:

5k capacity is the limit for seated, standing is still 2k IIRC. Morton have stated that they're able to run with 5k combined, but that technicality might be what gives the Council an opportunity to stick their oar in where it isn't needed. 

Dumfries Central being the plague pit of the country might be giving the high-vis brigade a fit of the vapours as well.

Ah, that makes more sense.

You could explain away not mentioning where you could buy tickets ahead of Saturday as an oversight, but if there's genuinely a prospect that Queen of the South fans aren't getting in and that's not been mentioned anywhere until being revealed by the SLO on twitter on Thursday afternoon, that is completely unacceptable. If it isn't guaranteed that away fans are allowed then that should have been stated explicitly when they posted their update for home fans last week.

I suppose as no personal details are being taken there's nothing to stop away fans just turning up and buying tickets anyway, but that's hardly the point.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

The legislation doesn’t seem to have anything about standing or seated. It says

Capacity limits on stadia and live events

8.—(1) A person must not organise a live event, unless paragraph (2) applies, which takes place wholly or mainly—

(a)outdoors at which more than five thousand persons are in attendance at any point in time during the event, or

(b)indoors at which more than two thousand persons are in attendance at any point in time during the event.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2021/277/regulation/8/made
Paragraph 2 of Regulation 8 gives details of what to do if there will be more than 5,000 there.

There is additional guidance on the SG website but it looks as though it only applies where organisers want to hold an event with more than 5,000. As far as I can see, clubs don’t have to contact the council at all if the capacity is 5,000 or less, standing or sitting.
Entirely possible that I’ve missed the details, though. 

SG live events guidance

13 hours ago, virginton said:

Indeed I have already decided, that you're the sort of simpering moron who is a gift to incompetent club officials up and down the land.

People have been dragged out of a habit of attending live football on a Saturday by nearly 18 months of disruption.

The onus is firmly on the club to get them back through the gate, before they decide never to come back at all.

To do this, GMFC needs to provide clear public information and advertising about how to get a matchday ticket - particularly now that there are almost no shan, token nonsense restrictions to put up with. 

It has a club website and an electronic ticketing system set up for that: neither are being used effectively. It also has a local newspaper to advertise details in - this has also not been done.

The onus is not on walk-up fans to email the fucking club for details, in the same way that a cinema or live music venue doesn't oblige its customers to email them for details either. 

This is all very straightforward stuff and you should just stop digging now. 

😂   ""you're the sort of simpering moron who is a gift to incompetent club officials up and down the land".    😁  Is that it??  C'mon VT, I deserve I higher class of insult than your usual tired old tropes. I'll see your simpering moron and I'll raise you a sour-faced, toad-licking, miserable arse-nugget of a boy who couldn't get a f**k if he fell cock-first into a barrel full of fannies. Over to you.......  😁 

Re the rest of that abortion of a post, of yours, here's what I posted that started this line of conversation:.     

On 18/08/2021 at 08:01, Rudolph Hucker said:

Why not phone Smith's or phone or email the club instead of just assuming the arrangements have changed for some reason? Strange logic.

Not a word there defending the club, is there? And from my next post on the subject::

14 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😳 Where exactly did I say that? Oh, wait - I didn't, did I? Of course there are plenty of areas where the club have to improve, but you didn't even TRY the obvious routes for information.

So, not only am I not defending the club, I’m agreeing that there’s much more needing to be done behind the scenes to improve their communication with the fans and also in other areas.

So, why does your post accuse me of defending the club here? Simple, it gives you the chance to launch another of your rants against the club. I hope you feel the better for it (well, I don’t, really) but in future don’t lie about what I said.

Turning now to this:

14 hours ago, virginton said:

EalNV7JXQAQ4J0m.png.e0607dcbc71c7a9d50f050f49db2bdf4.png

A truly impressive covering letter to become the next odious commercial manager at the club. 

I don’t know why you included this in a post aimed at me, or who the person named in that screenshot is. It’s the sort of comment that almost everyone on P&B could make on any given day and which would barely raise an eyebrow on here. Looks to me like the writer sent it in a private email to someone that could be trusted not to reveal it, but he or she obviously got that wrong. 
Why, though, are YOU  posting it? It can only be to cause trouble for the person who wrote it, or to cause trouble internally at Morton or, most likely, both. Why on earth would you want to do that? What sort of perverse satisfaction do you hope to get from this? Why try to cause disruption at the club you claim to support??  I’m far from being the happy clapper that you infer, I’m simply a realist, but I’d rather be the happiest of happy clappers than be the sort of sick f**k, sorry, sick NON-f**k that you are.

You’re almost a year into your fourth decade on this earth, vt. High time you started to behave like it, rather than keep posting like the snotty teenager you were when you first discovered the internet.

40 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Turning now to this:

I don’t know why you included this in a post aimed at me, or who the person named in that screenshot is. It’s the sort of comment that almost everyone on P&B could make on any given day and which would barely raise an eyebrow on here. Looks to me like the writer sent it in a private email to someone that could be trusted not to reveal it, but he or she obviously got that wrong. 
Why, though, are YOU  posting it? It can only be to cause trouble for the person who wrote it, or to cause trouble internally at Morton or, most likely, both. Why on earth would you want to do that? What sort of perverse satisfaction do you hope to get from this? Why try to cause disruption at the club you claim to support??  I’m far from being the happy clapper that you infer, I’m simply a realist, but I’d rather be the happiest of happy clappers than be the sort of sick f**k, sorry, sick NON-f**k that you are.

You’re almost a year into your fourth decade on this earth, vt. High time you started to behave like it, rather than keep posting like the snotty teenager you were when you first discovered the internet.

This is incredible, has to be the biggest woosh and meltdown in internet history!

You'll never be allowed to forget this one Hucker, oh you poor poor c**t...and you don't even know why!

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by cappiecat