Morton v Queens

This is the first game of the season I'm going into thinking 'we should win this'... always a danger sign for Morton supporters.

We won MacPherson's first proper game in charge when we were in disarray; they already look better drilled, but, as everybody knows, we're short on numbers (and therefore options from the bench).

I'll go 2-1 for us again.

Maybe so but at least we're not paedophile enabling bigots.

Can we get using child abuse as points scoring to f**k please.
A draw would have been fair, but Kilmarnock's win amounted to nothing like robbery either.
They'd been well on top for a while before the late goal.  Cowie made an excellent save and they missed a great chance with a header over the bar from close range.  It's not accurate to say their only chance was the goal.

The strike was a half chance (and a fantastic save) and the I can't recall being panicked by the header at the time either so would argue it's a half chance. I'd say the goal was the only chance they had where you'd expect the striker to score.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

For a few seasons, the away side tended to win this fixture.

I think Morton have had the better of it, whether in Dumfries or Greenock, of late though.  If we lose this one, it will start to look a bit concerning.

Agreed. 
There is a danger that us “playing well” and losing becomes a thing. So far, we’ve beaten Annan and Airdrie. We have “played well” in the other 4 games but have found a way to lose them all by one goal (two home games 1-0 and two away games 3-2). This needs to stop. And I can’t remember the last time we won a game we didn’t “deserve” to. It always seems to just work the other way.

As others have said, this is where we need to start converting good performances in to results. A point would be ok, but we should be looking for 3. I think both sides go in to the with the same mindset really, these are the games we need to ensure we're winning to avoid a season of looking over our shoulders.

Still another week till this game so could be a few new faces in before then considering Gus wants 4 more players in. We were solid at the back vs Accies and Ugwu will cause problems for any defence.

Not calling a result but I'm confident with how we've started the season.

On 12/08/2021 at 22:15, BraeTon74 said:

Still another week till this game so could be a few new faces in before then considering Gus wants 4 more players in. We were solid at the back vs Accies and Ugwu will cause problems for any defence.

Not calling a result but I'm confident with how we've started the season.

AJ has also stated he would like another 3/4 players in so hopefully that happens also... Possibly a goalkeeper now also depending how long Rae is sidelined for... 

2 hours ago, stu_mfc said:

Have Morton bothered to let us know how we get tickets yet? Hopefully I've missed something but suspect not...

They posted it on their website a week ago

https://www.gmfc.net/cappielow-covid-protocol-update/

It doesnt specifically mention away fans but Im assuming  "All sections of the stadium are available for use." includes the away end.

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

They posted it on their website a week ago

https://www.gmfc.net/cappielow-covid-protocol-update/

It doesnt specifically mention away fans but Im assuming  "All sections of the stadium are available for use." includes the away end.

Doesn't tell me if I can buy my ticket in advance at cappielow or Smith's. Doesn't mention the online ticket system, can only assume it's queue for ticket at ticket office and then queue to get in 🙄

4 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Why not phone Smith's or phone or email the club instead of just assuming the arrangements have changed for some reason? Strange logic.

Or I could just check our website and go to the ticket section. Oh, wait. Strange logic you don't think the club should be doing better.

20 hours ago, stu_mfc said:

Or I could just check our website and go to the ticket section. Oh, wait. Strange logic you don't think the club should be doing better.

😳 Where exactly did I say that? Oh, wait - I didn't, did I? Of course there are plenty of areas where the club have to improve, but you didn't even TRY the obvious routes for information.

I simply pointed out that, rather than think about what you could do to get the info you say you wanted, you went for the predictable lazy option and had a moan on here instead. Still, the post quoted shows that at least I got you thinking about it, so that's something. Whether you actually did anything about it might be another story though. 

3 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😳 Where exactly did I say that? Oh, wait - I didn't, did I? Of course there are plenty of areas where the club have to improve, but you didn't even TRY the obvious routes for information.

The 'obvious route' for information about ticketing for a home game, is this:

20 hours ago, stu_mfc said:

check our website and go to the ticket section. 

Which is, as ever, about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. 

I simply pointed out that, rather than think about what you could do to get the info you say you wanted, you went for the predictable lazy option and had a moan on here instead. Still, the post quoted shows that at least I got you thinking about it, so that's something. Whether you actually did anything about it might be another story though. 

EalNV7JXQAQ4J0m.png.e0607dcbc71c7a9d50f050f49db2bdf4.png

A truly impressive covering letter to become the next odious commercial manager at the club.