Morton v Queens

I'm not sure how much clearer a foul you could get on a keeper? He has barged that out of his arms! 

Thought the Oliver booking was probably a penalty though.

Our worst showing to date probably so a big three points after a fortnight when a few have had covid or isolating so not training.

The kind of insipid performance you'd expect with the squad as it is after they surprised over the previous two games.

I'd absolutely have taken having four points after three games, but that result hopefully acts as a wake up call to MacPherson: you cannot possibly be happy with your midfield options when we're so short there you're flinging a 16 year old into a Championship game. Some big signings needed in the next 10 days.

I don't think it would have been robbery if Morton grabbed the equaliser but I think we deserved the win. Morton had a lot of the ball but they really didn't threaten us other than from crosses; which isn't any sort of achievement against us.

We had decent chances to bury the game at 3-1 and 3-2. On another day the scoreline could have been more comfortable. I thought Connolly made a huge difference when he came on and hopefully he's fit to start next week. McGrory was quiet and effective again. I can only assume he's carrying some kind of knock for him to keep getting subbed off.

I'd need to see the penalty again but my first reaction was it was a dive and thankfully the ref saw it the same way. If it was any other player I may well have been shitting it but I watched Oliver enough to know he's a diving little p***k. That the commentators were claiming he was in on goal was laughable, even if it was an open goal I'd still have expected him to fall given how much of a shitebag he is in front of goal. They went on and on and on about it from then on in and yet failed to mention the fact that 9 times out of 10 their second goal would be chopped off. Ritchie isn't as bad as I remember but the main guy is a complete fud. Almost every QoS challenge he was questioning whether it should have been a booking as well and of course every one of Morton's fouls were soft [emoji38]

Happy to get points on the board. Our performances haven't got us the results we deserve so far so I'm happy we held on today.

Gibson once again outstanding.

Was a good wee day out that. Excellent steak pie at Cappielow.

Second Morton goal looked like a mad refereeing decision. Nice to see we didn't just retreat deeper and deeper and instead looked to go forward

Know it's tight to be too critical of a debuting player but new goalie needs to occasionally come off his line...

Jury out on Roy. If Euan 'Maldini' East is finished his cameo in defence, I'd like to see him up with Junior and running onto those flick ons. Or, indeed, playing Paton up top.

I like McCrory and Cochrane in the middle. Thought Todd did well, some nice flicks.

Good to get three points on the board. Like others have said, wouldn't have been a totally robbery to have came away with a draw.

I thought we deserved a point from that and weren't that bad tbh. Pretty disappointed with Lyon's performance as we know what he can do and I'd really like to have him in the team but he has to do better than that to get his place back.

No complaints at their penalty but would like to see the Oliver one again. It wouldn't surprise me if he's dived but I thought it was a pen at the time.

Do you not get booked for diving outside the box now? There were two absolutely blatant ones from Queens players after Oliver had been booked that the ref done nothing about.

As disappointing as the result is, I think we still played better than we ever did under Hopkin...

Pretty disappointed we didn't take something from that game. 

What's happened to Reece Lyon?  Looks a shadow of the promising player  we had a couple of seasons ago. Blues definitely back next week.

Some poor defending from us, which surprised me  a bit. McLean back soon I hope

Our squad size told in the end up. Don't get me wrong the youngsters gave their all and I'm sure they will feature again over the season.

On the balance of play we might have deserved a draw but our defending was absolutely criminal on multiple occasions, and we were rightly punished for that at this level. Losing the third goal is particularly inexplicable when if we had simply dug in for a while and not abandoned all defensive shape, something like that very dodgy second goal could have come along and got us a point in the end. You need to stay in the game to take advantage of some fortune but they didn't. 

I think that our Plan A is good enough to be competitive most weeks at this level but there's no depth or other options in reserve. Having five subs, most of which are regens, in the middle of August is alarming and didn't help at all today. It should be a reality check about the extra support that this squad needs; how McPherson can think that we're well covered in midfield is a complete mystery. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd need to see the penalty again but my first reaction was it was a dive and thankfully the ref saw it the same way. If it was any other player I may well have been shitting it but I watched Oliver enough to know he's a diving little p***k. That the commentators were claiming he was in on goal was laughable, even if it was an open goal I'd still have expected him to fall given how much of a shitebag he is in front of goal. They went on and on and on about it from then on in and yet failed to mention the fact that 9 times out of 10 their second goal would be chopped off. Ritchie isn't as bad as I remember but the main guy is a complete fud. Almost every QoS challenge he was questioning whether it should have been a booking as well and of course every one of Morton's fouls were soft emoji38.png

I'd say that the defender lunged and Oliver decided to 'avoid contact', fall over and claim the foul. Technically a penalty could be awarded for the challenge nowhere near the ball but he needed to not be a fucking shitebag and take the clattering to get the decision for sure.

I've got no issue with the referee booking him instead and the sense of injustice about the officials until our second goal today was just bizarre. I think the lack of an obvious cause of our shite play this season (see McGinty, S.) is skewing our fanbase to some Liverpool-esque sense of injustice when our paper-thin squad and regens aren't doing the job. 

Match could have gone either way - we definitely had the better chances but Morton continued to look dangerous up to the death.

Gibson’s performance(yet again) was immense - MOM by a distance. He must be wishing he could start his career over again - he had those wasted years where he struggled to make an impact but the combination of his outstanding ability and fitness/application is frankly tremendous. I didn’t see many better players in this league last year and so far he has been head and shoulders above anything else.

55 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Seen this posted on twitter. I thought it was a dive from the cowshed but that looks like a definite penalty.

Thought it was a penalty at the time but the more I look the more I think the referee probably called it right. Whether it was or wasn't though, the nick of some tool tweeting the SPFL about it! 😂

10 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

A game of a penalty missed with the rebound going in.....

Two own goals....

Oliver booked for diving...what a shocker!

A breakaway goal...

Eight bookings....

Kyle Jacobs scoring in both nets....

Will we ever see the likes again?

Indeed. And the absolute rarity of us conceding from a corner. 

What a time to be alive.

I've no Idea how anyone looking at that video clip can be more convinced that it's a definite foul. Oliver hurdles a challenge that probably would be a foul before contact was made. If he wasn't such a shitebag and accepted a clattering, there wouldn't be an question about the decision. He did though, and I really don't have an issue with the outcome.