Morton v Queens

6 hours ago, port-ton said:

No loan signings for queens allowed until we get some. Must be going on 5 weeks at least since we signed anyone.

C'mon, you guys don't really need any loanees .... you're undefeated in the league. Time to share those points around a bit, eh?

Score draw with both teams annoyed at dropping points to absolute dross

I'd be the first to admit if we were dross but it's not what I've witnessed so far tbh. Our performances have been much better than our position suggests. We were robbed against Killie and our old Achilles heel let us down against Thistle. Somehow he limited Killie to few crosses on Saturday so a repeat defensive performance should hopefully see us take something this weekend.

I've been relaxed with the first two games and not too disappointed given we would have realistically expected to have 0 points at this stage. But if it's the same story after Saturday I'll be concerned.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've been relaxed with the first two games and not too disappointed given we would have realistically expected to have 0 points at this stage. But if it's the same story after Saturday I'll be concerned.

Prepare to be concerned then. Pretty sure we will still have 0 pts after Saturday.

45 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd be the first to admit if we were dross but it's not what I've witnessed so far tbh. Our performances have been much better than our position suggests. We were robbed against Killie and our old Achilles heel let us down against Thistle. Somehow he limited Killie to few crosses on Saturday so a repeat defensive performance should hopefully see us take something this weekend.

A bit harsh to say we were robbed against Killie,  that would suggest a dubious goal or something went against us.  I'm the same as you however in that I've liked the football we've played even though results haven't gone our way. Defeat is easier to take maybe if you can at least see some effort and signs of possible improvement. As Northfield says in the OP we need to start turning good performances into points and this game would be as good a time as any.  

A bit harsh to say we were robbed against Killie,  that would suggest a dubious goal or something went against us.  I'm the same as you however in that I've liked the football we've played even though results haven't gone our way. Defeat is easier to take maybe if you can at least see some effort and signs of possible improvement. As Northfield says in the OP we need to start turning good performances into points and this game would be as good a time as any.  

No I stand by my view on the Killie game tbh. Killie deserved the win in as much as they scored and we didn't but it was a game where we absolutely deserved a point. We failed to take our half chances and Killie scored with their only chance. I think even Killie fans would agree they didn't deserve the win on balance of play.

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No I stand by my view on the Killie game tbh. Killie deserved the win in as much as they scored and we didn't but it was a game where we absolutely deserved a point. We failed to take our half chances and Killie scored with their only chance. I think even Killie fans would agree they didn't deserve the win on balance of play.

When Morton played Killie at Rugby park in the league cup, Killie didn't look anything special.  We were seconds away from a win when they scrambled a late equaliser.  They certainly didn't look unbeatable.

Going to Cappielow for this one.  First time since March 7th last year.

7 minutes ago, aarbann CSC said:

We regretably had one beast coach, your mob had institutionalised child rape over decades. They all knew.

Morton 2 QOS 1

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

A draw would have been fair, but Kilmarnock's win amounted to nothing like robbery either.

They'd been well on top for a while before the late goal.  Cowie made an excellent save and they missed a great chance with a header over the bar from close range.  It's not accurate to say their only chance was the goal.