Guidi’s Airdrie

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's in Coatdyke!

Which is a part of Airdrie.  Just across the street, you will entre Coatbridge, next to Kwik Fit.

Just checked, YES Guidi's id ML5, Kwik Fit is ML6

My mother was brought up in Shawhead, I know the borders of the gangs.  S-Toi never run. 😎

Edited by SlipperyP

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I feel I've been misled by the OP and would like a refund. 

Technically it might be just inside the Airdrie side of the Coatdyke buffer zone. The South Burn is the ancient border between Airdrie and Coatbridge. Coatdyke has been disputed for longer than Palestine, only in this case no-one wants it.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I said they would rue the day the closed The Kilmartin Arms to open up a trendy bar/bistro and within 40 years I have been proven right!

It's been shite for years anyway. The last I heard Guidis was just a trading name and the family were all our of the picture.

Still a bit of a loss for the greater Coatdyke conurbation.

It’s been good every time I’ve been, otherwise I wouldn’t have went back. All I know is my experiences were positive. A day out in Airdrie from Cumbernauld for a pizza. I mean, come on, it just doesn’t get better than that. Don’t you pish on my ‘in mourning’ chips. 😜

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It’s been good every time I’ve been, otherwise I wouldn’t have went back. All I know is my experiences were positive. A day out in Airdrie from Cumbernauld for a pizza. I mean, come on, it just doesn’t get better than that. Don’t you pish on my ‘in mourning’ chips. 😜

You will need to head over to the old silk cottage Chinese  which is  a Milano Express  now, at the old inns services for a day out . 

4 minutes ago, Arthur daley said:

You will need to head over to the old silk cottage Chinese  which is  a Milano Express  now, at the old inns services for a day out . 

Aye, the big Milano down by the motorway has shut. For quality Italian scran, I’m off to Alexandra Parade and Celinos, or there’s one on Paisley Road West that is a similar ‘deli’ style place.

See now, I’m gagging for a carbonara. 😎

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Aye, the big Milano down by the motorway has shut. For quality Italian scran, I’m off to Alexandra Parade and Celinos, or there’s one on Paisley Road West that is a similar ‘deli’ style place.

See now, I’m gagging for a carbonara. 😎

At the shell garage ? Thought it was open a few weeks ago, I must have been drink driving . 

2 minutes ago, Arthur daley said:

At the shell garage ? Thought it was open a few weeks ago, I must have been drink driving . 

No, the express place at the Old Inns Services (Shell), is, I think, still open. Before the services, at the Cumbernauld cut-off, there’s a pub, the Red Deer, a Travelodge, and a big stand-alone restaurant that was Milano. It started off as a Chinese. That’s the one that has stayed shut after Covid restrictions were lifted. Shame, it was decent. Not all bad news though, at the new Broadwood Retail Park, a new Fireaway Pizza place has opened. Way better than Dominos IMHO. You know those Oreo milkshakes you get with chunks of Oreo in ‘em? Fireaway does a Custard Cream milkshake, with chunks of custard cream biscuits in it. Subjective matter obviously, but in my opinion, whoever came up with that deserves a knighthood.

See now, I’m gagging for a milkshake.

3 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

Is this Italian place just along the road from Big Owen's? 

I'm pretty sure I've been there before a Mo game at Cliftonhill before.

Yes. About 400m east of Owen's. I'll just echo the poster above who liked Guidi's. Like him, I've gone repeatedly over the years.