Forfar Athletic vs K£lty H£arts

Guest mr_malcolm
Not sure what you’re getting at but found your home support very quiet..... thought the young boys in the crowd for kelty were entertaining and I think having young kids wanting to be part of a club is important. Let them sing, them chant, not doing any harm 

Entertaining is one way to describe it . Peter Pan Peter Pan Peter Pan

42 minutes ago, KeltyDaft said:

Young man, young family, wanted regular football and wanted to be closer to home instead of travelling. 

spoke with east fife, we put an offer to him, he thought about both offers and came to us? 

The question mark would indicate you’re guessing rather than actually knowing the reasons.

Guest mr_malcolm
The question mark would indicate you’re guessing rather than actually knowing the reasons.

It’s funny how fans of these bankrolled teams seem to get offended when you mention the fact that they are bankrolled and therefore can attract players they otherwise wouldn’t .

1 hour ago, mr_malcolm said:

It’s funny how fans of these bankrolled teams seem to get offended when you mention the fact that they are bankrolled and therefore can attract players they otherwise wouldn’t .

That’s right, I mean Nathan done well to get his £500 scoring bonus today! 

10 hours ago, KeltyDaft said:

Not sure what you’re getting at but found your home support very quiet..... thought the young boys in the crowd for kelty were entertaining and I think having young kids wanting to be part of a club is important. Let them sing, them chant, not doing any harm 

We used to have a contingent of young vocal supporters the "LoonsOnTour" but they were hounded out of the club by older miserable fans.

It was a shame because it made for a better atmosphere, so it was nice to hear Kelty fans singing.

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

We used to have a contingent of young vocal supporters the "LoonsOnTour" but they were hounded out of the club by older miserable fans.

It was a shame because it made for a better atmosphere, so it was nice to hear Kelty fans singing.

Got to drive interest from the youngsters. If that's at the cost of a bit of a rammy noise wise then so be it! 

6 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Not so much hounded out by the older fans but by the over zealous stewarding team, mainly one who is completely unsuitable but has found himself as supervisor 🤷🏻‍♂️🙈

Thought that was an excellent game of football, such a refreshing change from the brand of football we've played for the last 2 years.

You could see straight away that Kelty have a lot of quality footballers and they looked to play it out from the back constantly.

Think our press worked really well first half and Matty Aitken was a constant nuisance, on the ground as well as in the air, he really has developed into all an round forward.

We won the penalty when Aitken just beat the keeper to a long ball, I wasn't totally convinced it was a penalty but he did really well to win it and took it confidently.

After our goal Kelty knocked it about pretty well without creating too much before some of their quality shone through for the equaliser. Cardle did excellently to turn his man and then fed Higginbotham down the right wing, his cross getting a slight knick off of Munro's head falling nicely for Austin at the back post, I do have to say after watching the highlights that his header was a better finish than I originally realised.

After that I thought Kelty would press on but although they had more possession I thought we looked more dangerous. Aitken did really well to skip past his man and slip Thomson in who shot over before more nice skill from Aitken down the left gave Archie Thomas a chance but his shot was touched onto the inside of the post by the keeper who would've been very disappointed if that had squirmed past him.

Right on half time Kelty got a free kick on the left and I said to my dad that it'd be goal, just didn't turn out to be the way I expected. A Shot was blocked and we broke quickly, Crossan was put in down the left who put Thomson in on goal, I thought he'd taken a touch too many but he managed to poke it past Jamieson, although highlights do show it was a bit of a mess of a finish, but who cares!

Great response from Kelty in the second half, they really keep the ball well and started moving us about all over the place. We tired a bit and couldn't quite manage to press the same or even get out at times, credit to Kelty for that.

Their possession became more and more threatening and although they didn't create any clear cut chances you felt a goal was coming and it did, disappointment for us was that it wasn't well defended, they got in down the right, cross wasn't cleared and it goes back into the mixer, knocked back across goal and a deflection sends it goal word being prodded home by Austin who was in the right place.

For the next ten minutes Kelty still looked dangerous and we were on the ropes a little but pleasingly we managed to get a grip on the game again and the last 15 were quite even with both teams having a couple of half chances.

I'd say a draw was fair overall, they had more of the ball but I think we created as much as them. Kelty are an excellent footballing side and I think they'll win the league comfortably, their ball retention and movement will break most teams down, although I do think they can be got at at the back, there might be a few high scoring games. Great to see a decent sized away crowd and youngsters making a noise, one of the highlights for me a few years ago when we came 2nd in League One was actually having young supporters who were engaged and enthusiastic, shame that's gone.

As for us, it's nice to look forward to games again. Our attacking play, especially first half was great. Aitken is a menace, can hold it up and get others involved, Slater is excellent at finding space and picking a pass and Crossan is quite tricky although I think his final decision can let him down sometimes. I must give special credit to Craig Thomson, his direct running must be a nightmare for defenders, just great to have a proper quick winger and he's contributed to goals in all 3 league games this season. Downside was Strachan getting injured, although I did think he was our weakest player, albeit Cardle and Higginbotham are better than he'll face the rest of the season. I'd still like a solid, natural left back which I think would give us a really strong team. Tough to see us beating Kelty to the title but although it's early I think we should be aiming for playoffs

6 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

Not so much hounded out by the older fans but by the over zealous stewarding team, mainly one who is completely unsuitable but has found himself as supervisor 🤷🏻‍♂️🙈

They really got too much by the end of it tbqh.  Egged on by a couple of guys in their late 20's.  Bizarre behaviour by adults.  They should have been taken under the wing of the club itself before that happened though.

Thought they were great entertainment for most of it; the winding up the Killie crew until they were ejected was totally priceless.  Bairns on a drum getting adults so wound up, the police evicted them.