Forfar Athletic vs K£lty H£arts

Guest mr_malcolm

Take the point , kelty dominated second half pretty much. Our pressing first half looked to have tired us out . That has to be one of the strangest away supports I’ve ever encountered at station park

12 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

Take the point , kelty dominated second half pretty much. Our pressing first half looked to have tired us out . That has to be one of the strangest away supports I’ve ever encountered at station park

You will understand once you have visited Kelty !

Guest mr_malcolm
You will understand once you have visited Kelty !

Personal favourite was “ you can shove your steak Brodie’s up yer arse” from the p4 school trip

No getting away from the fact Kelty is a strong team. Fluid attractive football but there's little penetrating passes after good midfield play. Maybe our strong line in defence (for the most part) and good shape snuffed the threat. Some good stuff from Forfar given the injuries. Good forward movement and another good performance from Aitken. Unlucky not to get 3 points? Maybe, but that's a good start to the season and a million miles away from last season's show.

And we finally score from the penalty spot.

Guest mr_malcolm
No getting away from the fact Kelty is a strong team. Fluid attractive football but there's little penetrating passes after good midfield play. Maybe our strong line in defence (for the most part) and good shape snuffed the threat. Some good stuff from Forfar given the injuries. Good forward movement and another good performance from Aitken. Unlucky not to get 3 points? Maybe, but that's a good start to the season and a million miles away from last season's show.
And we finally score from the penalty spot.

I agree , kelty knock it about well and can see how they score at will more often than not . A lot of it is knocked across the back line though. Thought Archie Thomas did well today filling in for Gallagher .

44 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Tough game and Forfar were hanging on for a while in second half. Yet another injury though really think we need to get a proper left back in. Would imagine Austin will get about 30 goals this season if he stays fit.

Second half was near as comfortable as the first for us.

With Strachan (our only LB) injured and Anderson & Travis not fully fit yet. Gary may opt for the back 3 Meechs, Munro & Irvine.

I was relieved when I saw Austin was on the bench. Sadly he came on early in the first half and bagged a brace.

Guest mr_malcolm
Second half was near as comfortable as the first for us.
With Strachan (our only LB) injured and Anderson & Travis not fully fit yet. Gary may opt for the back 3 Meechs, Munro & Irvine.
I was relieved when I saw Austin was on the bench. Sadly he came on early in the first half and bagged a brace.

Aye , said the same when he came on. What a waste of talent he is playing in the lower leagues

Been to Stirling , Forfar and bagged points , gotta be happy with that , still think the 20 mins Cowden played in second half against us is best I’ve seen any team play this season , Forfar league above last season  so great result for us imo 

Think it will be a good season for the fife teams in this league 

3 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Arse about to be bitten. Hope I'm wrong though.

Enjoyable game. Thought we dominated the 2nd half but Forfar always looked capable. A draw maybe a fair result but had we sneaked a winner it wouldn't have been undeserved.

3 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

Aye , said the same when he came on. What a waste of talent he is playing in the lower leagues

I agree but he's making the big bucks, and probably has a day job with conservatory converters so he's financially better off where he is than playing for Inverness or an SPL side.

Kelty fans, where was Reilly today, was he injured or just dropped?

It was a real kick in the teeth when he and Easton walked out of the club after being key figures for us, helping us to finish 2nd in League One, for life in the Lowland League.

18 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

I agree but he's making the big bucks, and probably has a day job with conservatory converters so he's financially better off where he is than playing for Inverness or an SPL side.

Kelty fans, where was Reilly today, was he injured or just dropped?

It was a real kick in the teeth when he and Easton walked out of the club after being key figures for us, helping us to finish 2nd in League One, for life in the Lowland League.

Reilly took a knock last week in training. Peggie missing too at LB.

Was a bit baffled with Kelty taking off Joe Cardle at 2-2.

he was definitely a handful for our defenders and was pulling all the strings second half.

was pleased when he went off however.

Was absolutely gutted when Nathan Austin came on, just knew he was gonna come on to score.

6 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

That has to be one of the strangest away supports I’ve ever encountered at station park

Not sure what you’re getting at but found your home support very quiet..... thought the young boys in the crowd for kelty were entertaining and I think having young kids wanting to be part of a club is important. Let them sing, them chant, not doing any harm 

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

You’re probably very wrong, but keep guessing, I love it when people spraff shite and guess.

its well documented in multiple interviews his reasons for coming to kelty. 

You’re probably very wrong, but keep guessing, I love it when people spraff shite and guess.
its well documented in multiple interviews his reasons for coming to kelty. 

Rather than have a pop at a reasonable guess, why don't you supply us with his well documented reason?

1 minute ago, Loonytoons said:

Rather than have a pop at a reasonable guess, why don't you supply us with his well documented reason?

Young man, young family, wanted regular football and wanted to be closer to home instead of travelling. 

spoke with east fife, we put an offer to him, he thought about both offers and came to us?