The Daftest Red Card of the season

St Mirren's Kristian Dennis's needless foul on Peter Haring was the stupidest red card I've seen since Peter Haring utterly moronic challenge  in the 94th minute against Dundee in March having come on  in  the  89th minute

Such is the level of bampottery in the Scottish game that it is unlikely to even make the shortlist by the end of the season but it's set  the standard for other idiots to beat

Hopefully by the end of the season we'll have a catalogue of demented shithousery and either a clear winner or candidates for a poll

I suggest that the award should be named after Jamie Hamill who  celebrated a  goal against Ross County by Decking opposition manager Derek Adams in what  is  possibly  the daftest dismissal of the century but readers may have  stronger candidates

Some might say decking Derek Adams should win you Player of the Month rather than a red card.

Last month Dunbar manager Geoff Jones was dismissed from the dugout for disputing a throw in. In a pre season friendly. In the 90th minute. With his side 3-1 up.

The Dunbar committee relieved him of his post the next week.

Edited by tamthebam
Spelinge

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

St Mirren's Kristian Dennis's needless foul on Peter Haring was the stupidest red card I've seen since Peter Haring utterly moronic challenge  in the 94th minute against Dundee in March having come on  in  the  89th minute

Such is the level of bampottery in the Scottish game that it is unlikely to even make the shortlist by the end of the season but it's set  the standard for other idiots to beat

Hopefully by the end of the season we'll have a catalogue of demented shithousery and either a clear winner or candidates for a poll

I suggest that the award should be named after Jamie Hamill who  celebrated a  goal against Ross County by Decking opposition manager Derek Adams in what  is  possibly  the daftest dismissal of the century but readers may have  stronger candidates

Aberdeen fans will suggest Nigel Pepper.

Screenshot_20210810-231103.png

14 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

🤣

I don't even know if that is the first one as there may have been more than two. The second was against Hearts. Two footed a guy who'd just controlled a throw in.

Edit: Think I've got that all wrong but the guy was still a bam. Looks like his red against Hearts was the third red and was a second yellow for a shocking tackle on Paul Ritchie. Also injured someone in a preseason friendly which had the match abandoned.

Edited by Merkland Red

The two that immediately spring to mind are Jordan Marshall at the weekend pulling a Celtic player back in the box in the 90th minute when we were already 5 goals down and leaving us a crucial player down for our next league game, and Dougie Imrie getting sent off for ICT  against us in the Challenge Cup Final probably less than a minute after getting subbed on. 

I was also at this game against Clyde to witness Andy McLaren losing the plot for us and receiving 3 red cards:

Screenshot_20210811-074515_Chrome.jpg

Hand down the worst I’ve seen was Dean Shiels in the Edinburgh Derby (3 minutes 20 secs on the clip). 2-0 down to Hearts and he scores a penalty to make it 2-2 with 30 minutes left. Clotheslines the keeper on his way to retrieving the ball from the net and gets a straight red. Killed all momentum and ended up losing. Idiot. 

18 minutes ago, Austinho said:

Hand down the worst I’ve seen was Dean Shiels in the Edinburgh Derby (3 minutes 20 secs on the clip). 2-0 down to Hearts and he scores a penalty to make it 2-2 with 30 minutes left. Clotheslines the keeper on his way to retrieving the ball from the net and gets a straight red. Killed all momentum and ended up losing. Idiot. 

Smashing game that. 

Guest TheJTS98
44 minutes ago, Austinho said:

Maybe the best game I've ever been at. Two good teams, a derby with a big, noisy crowd, a 2-goal comeback, a penalty, a red card, a beauty of a winner, Whittaker hitting both posts in the last minute.

Got back to the pub post-match exhausted.

Red card was magnificent though. Funny to think at the time there was actual discussion about whether it was deserved or not. Fucking hell.

Earlier that season Miko had got himself sent off at Easter Road for a needless shirt tug when already booked when 2-1 down and chasing the game in an away derby. Could have fucking murdered him, but Hearts got a point anyway, so it was sort of forgotten about.

Edited by TheJTS98

2 hours ago, Austinho said:

Hell of an atmosphere there.

Not sure what in the world Shiels was thinking? Takes a cheap shot push at Gordon for seemingly no reason.

In December 2013, Saints subbed Rory Fallon on against former club Aberdeen in the 70th minute. He lumbered across to the far side of the pitch as we prepared to take a throw-in. Ball is thrown towards him and down falls Michael Hector, Fallon having decided to smash him in the face with an elbow. 

Spent more time entering and leaving the field of play than he did on it. 

And yeah, Swanson and Foster have a proper street brawl, with head kicks being aimed and everything, at half-time. One of the most surreal things. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

In December 2013, Saints subbed Rory Fallon on against former club Aberdeen in the 70th minute. He lumbered across to the far side of the pitch as we prepared to take a throw-in. Ball is thrown towards him and down falls Michael Hector, Fallon having decided to smash him in the face with an elbow. 

Spent more time entering and leaving the field of play than he did on it. 

And yeah, Swanson and Foster have a proper street brawl, with head kicks being aimed and everything, at half-time. One of the most surreal things.