Arbroath vs St Johnstone

Lichtie78

Clearly St Johnstone’s biggest game this week…

In the paper today that Tam O’Brien will miss out & Jason Thomson still recovering from his knee injury. Goldie was getting a good run out in the warm up last week at Ayr so hopefully he’s back.

Galatasaray, Arbroath, then Randers or LASK/Vojvodina. 

Some week for St Johnstone. 

Will have to make changes for this one but the squad is strong and it was a good draw. Equally, Arbroath will be thinking it could be a good time to play Saints. 

Game time for Parish, Muller, Brown, Devine, Hendry and Middleton, plus those that don't feature heavily tomorrow and potentially Ballantyne and Bryson, if he is fit. Who knows what the story is with Gilmour. Vertainen's work permit is a slow process.

I’d like to see the Saints get past Galatasaray but suffer a few wee knocks forcing their better players to be rested on Sunday. 

Even though the friendly finished  4-1 to the Saints I thought we matched them for long periods of the game, so hopeful we can cause a wee upset at the weekend. My sons first live game in 18 months as well which he is fair excited for. 

15 minutes ago, mountzionbrae said:

This game and other matches at this stage of the competition not being allowed to live stream according to some posters on other match threads.

That’s the club announced it on the Facebook page. Seems bizarre  

Think we'll rotate as much as possible. Absolutely no disrespect to Arbroath or the competition but the game against LASK has to be our priority just now.

No live stream? That’s really annoying for a distant fan. Back to “following” the match on FlashScore and the BBC sport app. Definitely not the same.
And I have to rely on you unreliable witnesses for what really happened. Ffs.

I’ll stand and facebook live it to u, i’ll have had a few pints and its on a less than modern iphone but it cant be any worse than pixielot

2 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

I’ll stand and facebook live it to u, i’ll have had a few pints and its on a less than modern iphone but it cant be any worse than pixielot

Two tin cans and a bit of string would be better than pixellot.

Premier Sports announcing this late on Friday afternoon makes it impossible for me to reorganise my weekend to get over to the east coast. That's cost AFC & SJFC my cash, and I'm sure I won't be the only one.

Why did Premier Sports not announce this earlier in the week? It's not as if they didn't know that Ibrox & MacDairmid were going to be at full capacity for the European games

Note - 2pm kick off! I only just realised this…

Not sure who is actually available for tomorrow but we all love a line-up prediction don’t we? Guys? Don’t we? Guys? Guys?

Parish

Muller Gordon McCart

Rooney                               Devine

Davidson Bryson??

Middleton                    Wotherspoon??

May

Edited by Sh*teAndMuck

Unless Wotherspoon only couldn't play on Thursday because he hadn't had time to take a test after being notified as a close contact (did we ever clear up what football rules are?) then he won't be available and I doubt Bryson will be back when he couldnt even make the bench on Thursday. 

Giving McCann a break would have been nice but he'll need to play. I'd start Ballantyne alongside him and possibly ask Liam Craig to start, in the hope we can sub him off after an hour or so. If he can perform as he did against Motherwell, it will give us a real platform. It's not a game for Davidson. 

My instinct is Brown will start in Austria, so should have Rooney for this one. The left back situation is interesting. If Wotherspoon was available for Thursday, I'd play Booth in Austria but if he (DW) isn't, I just wonder about the legs of Devine instead. 

Protect Kerr since he missed the Motherwell game and keep Parish sharp. If Liam Craig doesn't play then, not that he necessarily deserves it but Hendry gets a(nother) final chance. Not that I think it'll make a difference for him. Would prefer Craig playing though with Middleton pushed up alongside May, rather than in behind him and Hendry. 

Parish

Muller - Gordon - McCart 

Rooney - Ballantyne - Craig - McCann - Devine

May - Middleton 

Subs: Clark, Kerr, Brown, Booth, Davidson, O'Halloran, Kane, Hendry, Northcott. 

A controversial thought I'm sure, but perhaps we should just play a back four if we want to rest Kerr.

Parish

Rooney - Gordon - McCart - Devine

McCann - Craig - Ballantyne

MOH - May - Middleton 

Can set that front three up anyway you want, but ideally you give MOH/Middleton freedom go where they want. May is tasked with scoring and nothing else.

A controversial thought I'm sure, but perhaps we should just play a back four if we want to rest Kerr.
Parish
Rooney - Gordon - McCart - Devine
McCann - Craig - Ballantyne
MOH - May - Middleton 
Can set that front three up anyway you want, but ideally you give MOH/Middleton freedom go where they want. May is tasked with scoring and nothing else.

I thought May didn’t really do scoring any more?