What’s the craziest decision your club has ever made?

Could it be hiring a specific manager?

Abandoning your youth set-up?

Handing the keys of the club over to some type of foreign maniac/mercenary.

Making some decision that totally alienates your fans?

For Kilmarnock there have been many but I’ve narrowed it down to just these two which were crazy but for totally different reasons:

1 - Hiring Angelo Alessio to replace Steve Clarke. On paper a bit of a poor decision at the time and obviously with everything that followed since then it’s turned out to be one of the worst decisions we’ve made. I was excited by it at the time and I was a fan of AA. I think if the board had properly backed him we would (at the very worst) not have been relegated under him. The craziest part of this decision was that the board didn’t back the guy up at all against the supposed dressing room revolt.

or

2 - Michael Johnston not voting against letting Sevco back into the Premiership. A disgusting decision completely against what the vast majority of our fans wanted.

Pick any from the list below: 
1. Hiring Richie Foran as manager

2. Giving Richie Foran a 4 year deal, which meant he was still being paid 3 years after he left. 

3. Not sacking Richie Foran at any point during the season and dooming us to relegation.

4. Giving Jake Mulraney a contract that doubled his wage in the final year of his contract (with no get out clause given we had been relegated). 
5. Signing Brad McKay.

Falling out with Alex Ferguson.

Oops, sorry, I’m in the wrong forum. Still, what a great decision that was. I’ll leave now… which may or may not have been Fergie’s final words in Paisley.

Edited by pozbaird
Idiocy

Demolishing the South Stand terracing before getting planning permission for the re-development.

Starting Ryan Stevenson up front instead of Lyle Taylor in the cup game v Inverness in 14/15. Unforgiveable. 

Edited by Slacker

Short term - Gary fucking Caldwell.

Long term - demolishing our terracing before having a real plan in place, leading to Firhill being a 3-sided ground with the permanent embarrassment that is the bing behind the goal at the south end.

4 minutes ago, Accies1 said:
8 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:
Surprised no Accies fans have been on yet talking about money transfers to Nigeria....... 

Still not as bad as giving Brian Rice and David Moyo contract extensions.

Employing Rice.

Employing Canning.

Letting Colin McGowan get involved with the club.

Giving £800 k to a Nigerian - if that is the full story of what happened.