Clyde vs Alloa

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Does Allan Trouten pick and choose what manager he plays for ? Is it an attitude thing ?

I don’t know about that, I was just making the point that it came out at the time Bomber was bullying players and that Trouten was one of those who just doesn’t respond to that kind of “encouragement”. TBF he was a young player at the time and may not be effected in the same way now.. purely speculation on my part. It’s also well known that many Clyde players also found Barry to be similar in attitude.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Howie left Clyde because he didn't want to be involved in another relegation battle. I don't think that's going to work out the way he hoped.

It really doesn't look like Ferguson has learned anything from his time at Clyde and is just repeating the same mistakes.

Feel for Alloa fans that their board has possibly fallen for the media swanning over Ferguson winning the title with Kelty or have the same thoughts as them.  An even lesser manager than Ferguson could have won the Lowland League with the squad he was able to assemble.  Like shooting fish in a barrel.  

Even in the 90 minute snippet we got to see everything we experienced for a number of years.  Next up will be players being moved on, even ones just signed, and the next conveyor belt of new signings to happen.  Then rinse and repeat come January. 

Feel for Alloa fans that their board has possibly fallen for the media swanning over Ferguson winning the title with Kelty or have the same thoughts as them.  An even lesser manager than Ferguson could have won the Lowland League with the squad he was able to assemble.  Like shooting fish in a barrel.  
Even in the 90 minute snippet we got to see everything we experienced for a number of years.  Next up will be players being moved on, even ones just signed, and the next conveyor belt of new signings to happen.  Then rinse and repeat come January. 
Remember they never finished the season they 'won' the league and Bonnyrigg were only a few points behind with games in hand. Then last season they didnt even play the league and were handed the play off place.

10 hours ago, Alloa 68 said:

I'm certain that we'll be fighting  a relegation battle again,this is seriously worrying.Ferguson has destroyed the team with poor signings and so called tactics.I think some of our stalwarts will leave in January.Mike is actually the man at fault here,he picked Ferguson,and didn't even interview anyone else.Our days of choosing a good manager seam very far off.Sammon,Mendy,King,Church,the list goes on.Meanwhile Robbo's only good enough to warm the bench,Parry it would seem,not even good enough for that.This is already a disaster and utterly embarrassing.If Ferguson gets ten league games in charge we'll be bottom of the league given the way results are going.As i've already said i bought my season ticket,but i won't be using it,and in fact i may hand it back,they can keep the cash.It's the only way i feel i can get my point across as to my feelings on how poorly thought out this whole sorry mess has been.I've supported the club for over forty years,through good and bad.However this must be the quickest we've dropped in quality for years.

Barry Ferguson :lol::lol::lol:

I think I've said this before, more than once

Wasn’t at the game but you could see even from the highlights that guy Mendy was absolutely all over the place. 

His attempt to head clear for our first was hilarious. 

2 good goals from our point of view, thought Mitchell probably should’ve saved Alloa’s though. 

Draw would have been a fair result however when DGW is around anything is possible, shudder to think where we would be without him & quicker he signs an extension i can sleep at night

Talking to few Alloa supporters way in and HT and not one of them wants BF after only 2 games , im not suprised and he will go through more players than you can imagine

Next 3 fixtures difficult and the amount of space every alloa player had on the ball yesterday was worrying and a better team would have punished us..

Finally would someone check Davie Hutton is okay. Angry angry wee man😄

Edited by shawfield shed boy

39 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Draw would have been a fair result however when DGW is around anything is possible, shudder to think where we would be without him & quicker he signs an extension i can sleep at night

Talking to few Alloa supporters way in and HT and not one of them wants BF after only 2 games , im not suprised and he will go through more players than you can imagine

Next 3 fixtures difficult and the amount of space every alloa player had on the ball yesterday was worrying and a better team would have punished us..

Finally would someone check Davie Hutton is okay. Angry angry wee man😄

Is Goodwillie not signed until summer 2023? 

4 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Next season would be his last

Ano. Take that in for a minute

When his current contract ends DGW will be 34.

From the podcast last year there appears to be a desire to extend the current deal from DGW (he said he is looking to play on till his 40).

Not sure he will have the same inpact when he is 40 but expect we could get at least 2 or 3 additional years out of him beyond his current deal (which would take him to 36 or 37)

I am sure DL will be looking to tie him up soon enough (he did give him a 3.5 year contract last time which is really unheard of for us).

All I can say is appreciate what we have have had, what we currently have and what we will have in the future with DGW.

Like most good things in life you dont really fully appreciate it until you no longer have it.

However without DGW we would be in L2 and probably be fighting to avoid the playoff positions to lowland league.  The stats according to website is 82 goals in 125 games which is effectively 2 goals every 3 games.  Plus scored 20+ goals in each of the last 3 seasons.

Doesnt always come off for him but when he scores a goal like the 2nd one yesterday (and that not the first like that) you just have to wonder - how the hell did he manage that !!!!!

DGW - without doubt the best Clyde player i have seen in 40+ years as a fan.

Pretty lacklustre stuff from us, but a game where I didn't really see us losing at any stage, so was surprised at the end. The winner was class but we should have got bodies over there, Goodwillie was always capable of conjuring something up.

We eventually got going a bit second half, with some class from Scougall mainly. I thought the Clyde keeper should have done a whole lot better at his goal though.

Sena and King didn't impose themselves on the game enough, and you have to hope that will come, along with Troutens return. Surely he's straight back in when available, Cawley too.

We have the quality in the team to undoubtedly win games like this, we just have to hope it comes together. But it was a disjointed performance from the team overall. A draw would have been a more reflective outcome I think but fair play to Goodwillie, dragged his team to 3 points with a couple of moments of class.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

On 12/08/2021 at 15:22, David W said:

Alloa charge £18 so it's a bargain. 

how good to see wee barry and boab leave broadwood wi hee haw

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Pretty lacklustre stuff from us, but a game where I didn't really see us losing at any stage, so was surprised at the end. The winner was class but we should have got bodies over there, Goodwillie was always capable of conjuring something up.

watching the replay i felt Andy went to ground far to early, and Hutton stayed routed to spot and should never have been beaten at the near post. 

4 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

watching the replay i felt Andy went to ground far to early, and Hutton stayed routed to spot and should never have been beaten at the near post. 

Bit harsh - give DGW some credit not the first time he has made a fool of Hutton

https://youtu.be/zo1yZbw_qNc

Edited by Bullyweeno1