Clyde vs Alloa

Who knows what kind of performance we'll put in hopefully the fighting spirit we showed in the last few minutes up at Montrose can be stretched to 90 mins, we need to sign a CB urgently still can fathom out why we are running with 2 and no cover with Page being out for a while. I'd take a 0-0 again just to stop seeing us conceding cheap goals.

Has Mark Lamont played for Alloa yet?

PS f**k Barry Ferguson

1 hour ago, DGW9 said:

Has Mark Lamont played for Alloa yet?

He played no part in pre-season and then ten minutes at Peterhead on opening day. He’s way off fitness with some injury he had when joining so doubt we’ll see him Saturday unless it’s desperate. Nearly got on at the weekend before we got the second goal and decided to just play the ninety with no substitutes. 

Craig Howie on the other hand has played pretty much all the games in various positions. Centre half in a two and three, right back and against East Fife in centre mid where he looked really comfortable. 

I’ll ask the same question about Mark Docherty? Love Sparky but definitely caught my eye when I saw he got another gig at this level.

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

Craig Howie on the other hand has played pretty much all the games in various positions. Centre half in a two and three, right back and against East Fife in centre mid where he looked really comfortable. 

I’ll ask the same question about Mark Docherty? Love Sparky but definitely caught my eye when I saw he got another gig at this level.

Good to see Howie is doing well. Not sure if he has full time ambitions but he could easily do a cracking job for the likes of QotS or Raith. I always thought he looked most comfortable playing as a centre mid given that he's a really decent footballer and possibly a bit lightweight to be playing centre half, although his game intelligence normally sees him through. Really thought we should have went all out to keep hold of him.

Docherty I've always liked as a player and he seems like a great guy but he's so far off it it's unreal. He had one fairly decent game in pre-season (I can't remember who it was against, forgive me) but other than that he's really struggled. Played at left back mainly, with Danny inexplicably starting him over Adam Livingstone until it got absolutely unbearable to watch. I backed him and I'm gutted because there's nothing I like more than a boy coming in and getting it right up some of the naysayers in our support (Robert Jones, you're now my only hope) but unfortunately they've been proved right in this case.

Always thought Sparky was much better further up the park- left mid or centre mid. He has/had a really good engine on him and comfortable on the ball. Realise its now been some time since he was at Alloa though, and I havent seen him for a few seasons now. But last time I saw him against us for East Fife (2017/18 season), he played centre mid and pretty much ran the show as they beat us.

Its been over 9 years since the teams last met competitively at Broadwood- when we won the 3rd Division. The last game was a largely lacklustre performance from Alloa in a 1-1 draw with the league already won. But the game before that (1-0 Alloa win) was memorable for big Fraser Forrest pulling out kung fu kicks and thinking he was an outfield goalkeeper- getting sent off after half an hour. He probably got about 15 minutes more than he should have, and I remember laughing as he took his seat in the stand 2nd half, inexplicably completely raging about it 😄

I miss big Fraser- an absolute top bloke who would run through brick walls for Alloa. A proper cult hero.

4 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

But the game before that (1-0 Alloa win) was memorable for big Fraser Forrest pulling out kung fu kicks and thinking he was an outfield goalkeeper- getting sent off after half an hour. He probably got about 15 minutes more than he should have, and I remember laughing as he took his seat in the stand 2nd half, inexplicably completely raging about it 😄

If that's the game I'm thinking of, we were an utter embarrassment that night. 1-0 down playing against 10 men for an hour, about 57 mins of which was spent passing the ball between our back 4 not even attempting to try and break Alloa down.

13 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Was this the game where a young Stevie May scored? What a player he was in that team

Yeah he scored that day, think it was in the first few minutes. He was unbelievably good on loan to us that season- won us the league essentially

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

If that's the game I'm thinking of, we were an utter embarrassment that night. 1-0 down playing against 10 men for an hour, about 57 mins of which was spent passing the ball between our back 4 not even attempting to try and break Alloa down.

Yeah that was the first time I think I saw Hartleys team sit back and see a game out. At that stage we tended to be good going forward leaving gaps at the back.

Seem to recall an early 2 2 draw at Recs that season which was a good game. Bain sent off for Alloa I think and John Sweeney (?) starring for Clyde. What happened to him?

6 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Sparky is done really don't know why we signed him

47 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Bain sent off for Alloa I think and John Sweeney (?) starring for Clyde. What happened to him?

Yeah Bain fouled Sweeney, who scored the penalty to equalise.

Sweeney turned into a bit of a talisman in a really, really poor Clyde team. When BF took over, he fairly quickly hounded out most of the boys who had been in Duffy's squads in an attempt to reshape the general attitude into a more professional one. He was whipped off at half time in that 8-1 defeat to Rangers in the cup and I think maybe only played once more after that (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Went back to Pollok and spent a bit of time with the Candy later on.

3 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Yeah that was the first time I think I saw Hartleys team sit back and see a game out. At that stage we tended to be good going forward leaving gaps at the back.

Seem to recall an early 2 2 draw at Recs that season which was a good game. Bain sent off for Alloa I think and John Sweeney (?) starring for Clyde. What happened to him?

I was at the 2-2 game. Sweeney scored from about 25 yards with Bain essentially throwing it in the top corner for him! Stevie May was class that season. 

that was my first visit back to Recreation Park after the “£250 irn bru ball” over the fence incident…

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

37 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I was at the 2-2 game. Sweeney scored from about 25 yards with Bain essentially throwing it in the top corner for him! Stevie May was class that season. 

that was my first visit back to Recreation Park after the “£250 irn bru ball” over the fence incident…

I now remember the value of the ball being mentioned 😄. Regardless, the time wasting from the away support looking back was hilarious.

We did manage to grab an equaliser that day, a Davie McClune screamer

10 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I now remember the value of the ball being mentioned 😄. Regardless, the time wasting from the away support looking back was hilarious.

We did manage to grab an equaliser that day, a Davie McClune screamer

Aye the time wasting came back to bite us on the arse 🙈😂

24 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Ticket prices for saturday ? are Away fans unlimited ? (no jokes ) .

£17 Adults. £14 Concessions. £5 Under-18s. £1 Under-12s.

Expect it'll be pay at the gate or fire doors as the case may be. I think there will be a capacity limit but it'll be set so high that it shouldn't be a bother. Couple of thousand or something like that.

If you think the prices are a bit steep I'll console you by telling you this: you'll probably win.