Airdrie v Falkirk 14th August 2021

The most obvious foul throw that the ref seemed to completely ignore and instead gave Airdrie another chance at it. That and him playing on when the ball clearly hit him in the first half tells me he hasn't a fecking scooby about the rules. God knows where he found all that injury time from too as there was hardly a stoppage in the bloody game.  Airdrie will be disappointed at not working mutch more considering their possession.  We need to pray that Williamson is back soon as we can't cope with miller at right back much more. He has the physical agility of an 80 year old granny. Thought ompreon improved as he got more time on the field. Flicked a good few balls on and was settling down a bit more.

Time added on is usually 30 seconds per substitution and he was noting every occasion Falkirk attempted to waste time which was going on frequently, as any team in that position would do.

A lot of possession in and around your box in that second half but far too many occasions where our players took an unnecessary touch or tried to get past another man instead of either laying the ball off or striking it.

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Which players are full time, out of starting 11 I think there is at least 6

Yeah some are unconfirmed but I'd guess Walker, Fordyce, Quitongo, McCabe, Easton, Frizzell, Smith and maybe McGill are full-time. 

Disappointing performance today. We certainly had a lot of the ball in the second half but ultimately didn't do enough with it or create many clear chances. Our best threat seemed to be long diagonals to McGill, which both McCann and Miller struggled with, but once he went off we lacked any real threat. There were far too many occasions where players out wide took the safe option and passed it back inside, or mostly in Frizzell's case just ran into the opposition, rather than get the ball into the box. It was certainly much better than the Montrose game but that doesn't count for much when we've got nothing to show for it. 

That's the best I've seen Falkirk play since they were relegated. I wasn't hugely convinced by them before the season started, I felt they lacked a quality centre back and striker, but Keena did well today and the attacking three of Morrison, Nesbitt and McGuffie will cause problems for most teams in this league, the first two especially. I don't think we really put their defence under anywhere near as much pressure as we should have today but they actually looked alright defensively, even with a few players out. I liked the look of Queen's Park when we played them in the cup, early days but hard to see beyond those two as the top two this season so far for me. We certainly have quite a bit of improvement to do in both boxes for us to be up there with them. 

Thought it was a strange game and neither team looked particularly good. Interesting to see McCann clearly identified as the person to attack after he was United's POTY last season. I'm assuming it was due to him being relatively short rather than a lack of ability. 

My assorted non-coherent thoughts:

- Lemon was fantastic. Confident on the ball, read the play well and didn't let the penalty midweek affect him as he was still assertive and strong. Great option for us and would be happy to see him start again next week.

- Watson had the beating of Hall at every set piece and it almost cost us right before we got our two quick goals. He really is a dozy idiot. He did OK when he didn't have to think tbf.

- Ompreon was hideous. I was roaring at him. Just drifted about prancing any time the ball was near him. Clear fourth choice of the four we have.

- Keena looking much more like the player I'd hoped for last summer. Really clever player and his goal was top class. He had a lot to do to even get into position, never mind the quality of the finish. We're in trouble if he gets hurt.

- Morrison was excellent. If we get that player every week throughout the season then I think we'll win the league.

United lack quality in the middle. Add Kyle Turner to that side today and they'd be decent. Would imagine they'll be top half of the league come the end of the season.

Edited by Marshmallo

Couldn’t make it today and didn’t want to pay for livestream. First game I passed on in ages, what’s the script with away league highlights? Do FFC TV get a copy and post up or just the home team? If so where do airdrie out there’s? I could only see older stuff on YouTube and nothing on main site that I could see. 

by all accounts sounds like a fair result, have been really pleased with all our other games so good to keep it going against a side who finished above us last year and will be top half again. I’d be raging if we couldn’t turn over a ten man team with a whole half but if we were camped in that can be really hard to break down. 

10 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Couldn’t make it today and didn’t want to pay for livestream. First game I passed on in ages, what’s the script with away league highlights? Do FFC TV get a copy and post up or just the home team? If so where do airdrie out there’s? I could only see older stuff on YouTube and nothing on main site that I could see. 

FFCTV were there so there will be highlights tomorrow and interviews to follow. All the things that prevented them attending games are over now. 

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

9BD8C3F9-9CC4-4316-A5BD-C82EA55D41B7.jpeg

Hard to tell in that picture. They all look oddly alike, each wearing the same (peculiarly oversized) 'exempt' lanyards that DPB suggested that every man and his dog should apply for, regardless of medical justification. Maybe that's why the stewards didn't need to see their digital certificate....

Edited by Sputnik
Typo

6 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

FFCTV were there so there will be highlights tomorrow and interviews to follow. All the things that prevented them attending games are over now. 

Do you know if they will do live away games from now on then, or maybe already are back to this from this week?

2 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Do you know if they will do live away games from now on then, or maybe already are back to this from this week?

I think yesterday's one was being done live, but only to overseas subscribers. Possibly the clubs have agreed that the home one will always get the broadcasting rights, though that's speculation on my part.