Airdrie v Falkirk 14th August 2021

Guest Back Post Misses

Airdrie route one all game and especially 2nd half. 
We would have lost that game anytime since Houston left. 
The Big Albanian lad is miles better than Hetherington who looks a yard too slow to me. 

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Airdrie route one all game and especially 2nd half. 
We would have lost that game anytime since Houston left. 
The Big Albanian lad is miles better than Hetherington who looks a yard too slow to me. 

Hope we see that next week as Hetherington will be suspended. Defence a lot more solid than I thought

Massive result for us today. Absolutely no chance a Falkirk team in the last few years would have the balls to stand up and be counted like that and not lose the game. Defended really well in that second half.

That game really shows another side to this team and to Sheerin. After the red card then losing a very sloppy goal at the start of the second half it would’ve been very easy to crumble but thought we held on very well. One of Ben Halls best games for us, MacKenzie Lemon showed some great maturity and had a great game. Robbie Mutch I know splits option in our support but he had a great second half absolutely solid. No issues at all with the red card was 2 stick on bookings and Hetherington as the club captain needs to be much smarter than that. Was interesting to see Gary Miller refusing to take the armband though after the red card.

We never really got going as an attacking threat in the game tbh. 2 good quick goals in the first half with the second just an unbelievable finish from Keena. Fantastic left footed chip into the top corner. His all round play is night and day compared to the rest of our strikers brings so much to us. Morrison, Telfer and Nesbitt didn’t have their best games with the ball they all put so much running into that second half.

Our main weakness was in the full back areas. The number of times an Airdrie player got in behind both them and especially miller we were very lucky not to lose more goals than the one we did due to that. Thought the boy lemon looked decent in his first league start.

Wont read the earlier posts until later so here goes. Fairly even until we don't take advantage at corner and a wee slip lets the Falkirk attack break away and a very good shot sees Currie palm it out but our defender is slow and a great shot by Morrison(?) . It looks as if we are peplexed and muck up another situation but Keena(?) has an excellent touch.  Heatherstone makes two daft "professional" fouls and it's set up for a Dumbarton style comeback. That goal arrives early but so much possession but slow build up and more importantly good falkirk defending and chances being passed up. Without the ordering off we would have struggled to get back in but it was just like many of our games so far. Falkirk do look better in defence and although Nesbitt moans constantly he links the play really well. Morrison always a threat  and if you score rate is 2/2 then it's your League to lose.  Great atmosphere today as well.

Delighted with the 3 points considering we were missing 3 of our first choice back 4 and a man down for 45 minutes. Krasniqi did well when he came on and if McGuffie had been hooked at half time we might have seen the game out at 2-0. Got to mention Lemon who put in a faultless performance, he definitely reminds me of a young Peter Grant. McCann probably had his poorest game in a Falkirk shirt but he was being constantly targeted by Airdrie's long balls. Whether that was a bit of revenge for him leaving or because he's our smallest player, who knows. He won't have to deal with that level of bombardment every week though. Nesbitt and Morrison ran themselves in to the ground. A special mention to Keena for scoring an absolute peach. I was right behind it and was one of those that looked in from the moment it left his foot. And finally, the ref was absolutely fucking stinking. 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

A much more enjoyable visit to Airdrie than my previous two. Didn't think there was a huge amount between the teams in the first half but the two goals showed the quality we have in that front 4. Looking forward to seeing Keena's goal in the highlights and pleased for Morrison following in for the first. Definitely feels like the players are putting more into matches than last season. 

No complaints about the red card for Hetherington. I counted 4 times he played himself into trouble when there were easier passes on. The first booking in particular was completely needless as we had the numbers back. After conceding so soon after HT I was sure we'd blow it but we saw it out relatively comfortably. If I was to pick any flaws at the back I'd maybe say McCann for how often he got caught under the ball. Airdrie will obviously know his strengths and weaknesses well and it seemed to be a deliberate tactic. 

Lemon looked solid enough on his league debut and Krasniqi was fine but I didn't think Ompreon looked up to much. Hopefully just nerves as he barely challenged for a header when he first came on. 

Special mentions to Watson for his first half meltdown, that hopeless referee and McGill for trying to play on after the most obvious foul throw from the keeper 😂

1 minute ago, lanky_ffc said:

A much more enjoyable visit to Airdrie than my previous two. Didn't think there was a huge amount between the teams in the first half but the two goals showed the quality we have in that front 4. Looking forward to seeing Keena's goal in the highlights and pleased for Morrison following in for the first. Definitely feels like the players are putting more into matches than last season. 

No complaints about the red card for Hetherington. I counted 4 times he played himself into trouble when there were easier passes on. The first booking in particular was completely needless as we had the numbers back. After conceding so soon after HT I was sure we'd blow it but we saw it out relatively comfortably. If I was to pick any flaws at the back I'd maybe say McCann for how often he got caught under the ball. Airdrie will obviously know his strengths and weaknesses well and it seemed to be a deliberate tactic. 

Lemon looked solid enough on his league debut and Krasniqi was fine but I didn't think Ompreon looked up to much. Hopefully just nerves as he barely challenged for a header when he first came on. 

Special mentions to Watson for his first half meltdown, that hopeless referee and McGill for trying to play on after the most obvious foul throw from the keeper 😂

Was very disappointed with Ompreon when he came on. Was barely putting himself about and was very slow to react just watching the ball sail over his head.

The foul throw was a horrendous piece of refereeing. He was going to let play go on then realised he had to make a decision and let them take it again. That along with all the added time he pulled from his arse was just making it up as he went on.

18 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

The most obvious foul throw that the ref seemed to completely ignore and instead gave Airdrie another chance at it. That and him playing on when the ball clearly hit him in the first half tells me he hasn't a fecking scooby about the rules. God knows where he found all that injury time from too as there was hardly a stoppage in the bloody game.  Airdrie will be disappointed at not working mutch more considering their possession.  We need to pray that Williamson is back soon as we can't cope with miller at right back much more. He has the physical agility of an 80 year old granny. Thought ompreon improved as he got more time on the field. Flicked a good few balls on and was settling down a bit more.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

What a relief that was, and a great atmosphere.

Hall, Lemon and Mutch were fantastic, given the pressure they had to live with.  Krasniqi good as well.  Ompreon added f**k all.

I mean this with the greatest respect - Craig Watson, get it right up ye.  No, further up than that.  So far up you that your dentist will spot it.

11 minutes ago, Russ said:

Was very disappointed with Ompreon when he came on. Was barely putting himself about and was very slow to react just watching the ball sail over his head.

The foul throw was a horrendous piece of refereeing. He was going to let play go on then realised he had to make a decision and let them take it again. That along with all the added time he pulled from his arse was just making it up as he went on.

He would have let that go if there hadn't been a crowd screaming about it 😂

The added time in both halves was incredible. Felt like 4 minutes in the first half when nothing happened other than the two goals. Think watching streams for so long had made me forget how bad some of the officials are at this level. Thankfully didn't impact the result.

41 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

What a relief that was, and a great atmosphere.

Hall, Lemon and Mutch were fantastic, given the pressure they had to live with.  Krasniqi good as well.  Ompreon added f**k all.

I mean this with the greatest respect - Craig Watson, get it right up ye.  No, further up than that.  So far up you that your dentist will spot it.

Sadly, Ompreon reminded me of Francis.