Airdrie v Falkirk 14th August 2021

15 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Was gutted back in the day we didn't sign Kenny MacDonald....but he prove he was a flash in the pan striker and paying 85k was not the best idea

Aye went to Raith if I recall and seemed to disappear. Looked a top striker with Airdrie though. 

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Aye went to Raith if I recall and seemed to disappear. Looked a top striker with Airdrie though. 

I think we lost out on 5k back in the day. We never ever spent serious cash.

The ones that did in our size tho all went bankrupt but not for years later.

11 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Aye,McDonald was a good striker for Airdrie scored a good few goals, trying to remember the striker that was favoured by manager at that time, 

19 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I would not even dare to guess our line up. Keana a must but what about Krasniqi? Has he earned a place. Lemon or Hall? Will Millar play?

I think it’ll be the same starting 11 as last Saturday 

11 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I think it’ll be the same starting 11 as last Saturday 

Aye unless anyone’s struggling with a knock then I think it seems pretty obvious it will be the same team that started last week. Krasniqi on the bench instead of Dowds likely to be the only change to the bench.

The only outfield player from midweek that you could make a real strong case to start would be Seb Ross but you can’t drop any of the midfield 3.

Edited by Russ

On 11/08/2021 at 12:54, MrDust said:

Does number 9 jersey really mean something nowadays ?

Yes, I think it still does stand for “yer main man up front”…..don’t think that has ever diminished. The only number that has become “a thing” in the last couple of decades is the number 10. Always used to be a left footed attacker, but now, it is used to describe the guy who pulls most of the attacking strings.

I suppose it was Pele who invented the modern concept of the 10, but it was really in only 20 years or so that it has been embraced in the U.K. I guess 1, 9, and 10 are about the only numbers that mean a very specific role.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I suppose it was Pele who invented the modern concept of the 10, but it was really in only 20 years or so that it has been embraced in the U.K. I guess 1, 9, and 10 are about the only numbers that mean a very specific role.

You missed the modern number 23, for 'look at me' role.

18 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yes, I think it still does stand for “yer main man up front”…..don’t think that has ever diminished. The only number that has become “a thing” in the last couple of decades is the number 10. Always used to be a left footed attacker, but now, it is used to describe the guy who pulls most of the attacking strings.

At least 3 decades.

Think Maradona as the definition of "a 10" and he flourished through the 80's. I accept it's only in recent years we've had the 4-4-1-1 and so on that it's been more regularly visible.

Also I'd say 2 and 3 are still definitely your fullbacks, and 5 is generally your centre half, so those are still pretty fixed too.

19 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Would you be surprised if we don't have a number 9 ?

I for one wouldn't