2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Too many volunteers and some spelling mistakes in the 40 page programme. The club are utterly fecked right enough.

Theres nothing worse than going on to a match thread to see what others thought of the game to then see people criticise yourself and other volunteers for given up the only spare time they’ve got to help the club out. I really don’t get why people think we are fair game to criticise. 

52 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

Theres nothing worse than going on to a match thread to see what others thought of the game to then see people criticise yourself and other volunteers for given up the only spare time they’ve got to help the club out. I really don’t get why people think we are fair game to criticise. 

I won't criticise the grammar in your post in that case.

Sorry didn't realise so many people would be upset at pointing out that the quality of the match programme was disappointing. Perhaps my initial tone was a bit harsh but it's frustrating to see such basic errors in the programme where we have a programme editor, who before I'm accused of bullying I have no personal knowledge of and hold nothing against them personally.

Go back and look at that screenshot I posted and tell me that it's acceptable. It's a shambles. If someone is putting their name on it then you'd think they would double check basic stuff like layout, spelling and content (Dumbarton had not won their first two league games). Regardless of being a volunteer or not there should be an expected standard of quality and I don't think that's asking much.

Also it's a bit ridiculous the club are relying on volunteers at all at this time, I'd hope we're now in a position to be able to fairly compensate anyone working for the club and they shouldn't be working for free. Another argument for another day maybe. 

And seeing as I'm here a comment on the game. A comfortable win and Liam Brown is an absolute superstar, him and Gillespie in the middle were dominant and long may it continue.

17 minutes ago, Dave said:

Sorry didn't realise so many people would be upset at pointing out that the quality of the match programme was disappointing. Perhaps my initial tone was a bit harsh but it's frustrating to see such basic errors in the programme where we have a programme editor, who before I'm accused of bullying I have no personal knowledge of and hold nothing against them personally.

Go back and look at that screenshot I posted and tell me that it's acceptable. It's a shambles. If someone is putting their name on it then you'd think they would double check basic stuff like layout, spelling and content (Dumbarton had not won their first two league games). Regardless of being a volunteer or not there should be an expected standard of quality and I don't think that's asking much.

Also it's a bit ridiculous the club are relying on volunteers at all at this time, I'd hope we're now in a position to be able to fairly compensate anyone working for the club and they shouldn't be working for free. Another argument for another day maybe. 

And seeing as I'm here a comment on the game. A comfortable win and Liam Brown is an absolute superstar, him and Gillespie in the middle were dominant and long may it continue.

Yes agreed, basic mistakes aren’t needed. Your tone was just a bit much which you’ve since apologised for so cheers. Let’s just put it down to having too many games back to back and move on. 

6 hours ago, NathanQP said:

“Nothing worse”. Tell that to Afghani women.

On 15/08/2021 at 06:21, Velvet Donkey said:

Very encouraging today to see team shake off the suggestion of nice passing, possession football with no goal threat. Murray looks sharp and direct, and Longridge is quality. Liam Brown is outstanding and a great fit for this team. I agree with the earlier comments on Morrison's improvement and strengths. I'm also in the camp that McHugh will come good. Too good a footballer and proven finisher.

I found it hard to assess Dumbarton as I think we were really effective in breaking up how they wanted to play (less so against Bonnyrigg). Not too convinced by Orsi, but Ross McLean can be great when he's on form. I thought McGeever and Buchanan would be formidable, and while we didn't do too well with crosses into the box, the defence seemed to get out of shape a few times.

With three key players missing too, we're in good shape to challenge for a top four placing.

Top four placing. 😃😃

You have the biggest wage budget in the league and should be winning it hands down.

Haughey isn't tipping in Championship level wages for you to keep playing in this division.

Edited by Charliechurch

6 hours ago, NathanQP said:

Tbf I wouldn’t necessarily describe it as criticism, it seems merely more an observation by others that there are genuine factual and grammatical errors present. That’s not saying the work of the volunteers is bad by any means, in fact I think the work and time dedicated is admirable. However, being able to recognise and accept the errors as a means to rectify them for future reference should be taken in a positive light I’d say. 

15 hours ago, NathanQP said:

There's *

9 hours ago, Charliechurch said:

You have the biggest wage budget in the league and should be winning it hands down.

That said, you still must decide on how to spend the budget wisely.  Seasoned pros or promising youngsters, experienced manager or next the next bright young thing.  An example being the bold decision to part with a winning manager in Ray McKinnon. 

Having the biggest budget is no guarantee of success - although admittedly a huge advantage. 

There are too many talented players among a lot of teams in this league to take anything for granted. Against Dumbarton, before we scored the third, it could have easily been 2-1 with 15 mins left to play. 

53 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

That said, you still must decide on how to spend the budget wisely.  Seasoned pros or promising youngsters, experienced manager or next the next bright young thing.  An example being the bold decision to part with a winning manager in Ray McKinnon. 

Having the biggest budget is no guarantee of success - although admittedly a huge advantage. 

There are too many talented players among a lot of teams in this league to take anything for granted. Against Dumbarton, before we scored the third, it could have easily been 2-1 with 15 mins left to play. 

It's not particularly bold to empty McKinnon when he'd already failed in this league with the largest budget. Ellis seems a shrewd appointment though, certainly has you set up well. 

I was very disappointed at our contribution to Saturday's game, and I feel the team selection, especially at full-back, was a factor in that.  I also got the impression that Joe McKee may not have been fully recovered or perhaps he has no appetite for the hard physical stuff.  That's OK as long as we have people beside him to win the ball and people ahead of him moving into space to receive it; in that latter regard I don't think that the Hopkirk and Orsi partnership is working.

18 hours ago, Dave said:

Perhaps my initial tone was a bit harsh

I didn't think your tone was that harsh tbf. Being a volunteer does not make anyone exempt from constructive criticism. If that was the case then we wouldn't be able to criticise the club committee for anything. 

Some folk appear to be oversensitive about this but there is no need to circle the wagons. We all appreciate the good work that is done by you all. It's done because you love the club, like we all do. Most criticism comes from a good place and with the best intentions (the drivel is easy to recognise) The thing to do is take on board the valid stuff. I'm talking from experience as someone who has for decades helped in the running of QPSA. I've always found that to be the best approach. For example, when running the supporters' bus it was never ending at times but sometimes they had a point so you learn to adapt, compromise and strike a balance as you got more experienced in doing it. 

Edited by Mick1867