For all the praise for Brown, I wish we would let someone else take corners, too many of his are not getting past the first defender at the near post. 

Apart from that, Longridge was great and Thomson looked much more of a threat than he did on Tuesday.

2 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Very happy with that performance. Stand outs for me were Longridge, who was involved in everything, and Brown. Murray did a lot of work too and took his goal very well.

Dumbarton had a couple of chances here and there but I think overall there was quite an obvious gulf in quality and resources between the two clubs

My only complaint, and I might be being a bit harsh here, is that it probably should've been more than 3-0! Delighted regardless.

FTFY. 

I take absolutely nothing away from Queens very deserved victory today but at least let us recognise that at this level cash, and a decent amount of it, can buy you that quality - yourselves and Kelty are the obvious current examples. 

6 hours ago, Dave said:

Our "media team" has looked bloated for a while in my opinion, and when you see something like this it makes you wonder just what exactly are certain folk doing there. Mentioned in other threads before there have been other simple spelling errors in previous programmes as well. At least you don't pay for it any more... 

Screenshot_2021-08-14-13-37-13-173_com.android.chrome.jpg

It is far from easy producing three programmes in eight days. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to which members of the "bloated" media team should be dispensed with. 

1 hour ago, Frank Quitely said:

FTFY. 

I take absolutely nothing away from Queens very deserved victory today but at least let us recognise that at this level cash, and a decent amount of it, can buy you that quality - yourselves and Kelty are the obvious current examples. 

Nobody can disagree with your point, but that's just the way football is now, the words "quality" and "resources" are often interchangeable. These match threads are to discuss what happens on the pitch though, not the business/finance side of things.

Edited by Zanetti

Very encouraging today to see team shake off the suggestion of nice passing, possession football with no goal threat. Murray looks sharp and direct, and Longridge is quality. Liam Brown is outstanding and a great fit for this team. I agree with the earlier comments on Morrison's improvement and strengths. I'm also in the camp that McHugh will come good. Too good a footballer and proven finisher.

I found it hard to assess Dumbarton as I think we were really effective in breaking up how they wanted to play (less so against Bonnyrigg). Not too convinced by Orsi, but Ross McLean can be great when he's on form. I thought McGeever and Buchanan would be formidable, and while we didn't do too well with crosses into the box, the defence seemed to get out of shape a few times.

With three key players missing too, we're in good shape to challenge for a top four placing.

Liam Brown was awesome but Gillespie was the workhorse in the middle. I thought Thomson and Morrison looked the part but overall Longridge was my man of the match. He read the game beautifully and played with an air of confidence I haven't seen before. With Quitongo in that team we will be so exciting to watch.

1 hour ago, JT1867 said:

For all the praise for Brown, I wish we would let someone else take corners,

Yeah there was one near post routine today that didn't come off, but he put such a perfect ball in down at Annan that it could only be defended by bundling it into the net.

I didn't make the game in the end so I watched the stream instead. QP were well worth the win as I suspected they would be beforehand. I'm only really posting to say how much I enjoyed the banter between the commentators. I hope the summariser got his Dumbarton notes back.

A 3-0 dicking certainly makes you feel worse about your team, but in reality we had enough chances to take something. Orsi had two great chances and failed to connect with the ball properly on either of them. He looks what we feared, a guy who will offer a lot of what a sole striker does but ultimately isn't going to score you goals.

I said at the start of the season that I worried how Faz was going to fit people in and I think we're seeing the problems with that now. Lynch was unfairly dropped for me yesterday, he's played well at right back and has the engine to get up and down the line, Geggan does not and is a statue against a tricky winger. I thought Carlo had a good game in midfield against Clyde but has been chasing shadows the last two. Boyle isn't anywhere near match fit, which is a worry but I still prefer him defensively to Muir. I also think Hopkirk should not be guaranteed a start especially when Duthie has been in good form and we have about 5 other guys itching for a start. Wilson probably more deserving of a start than our captain too. For me that's too many questions over the starting 11 and Faz needs to start nailing down some of these decisions. One of the weirdest choices yesterday was moving Carswell to right back and leaving Carlo in midfield - Carlo IS a right back, why not try him there.

Queens were pretty much what I expected, well organised, crisp passing and good movement. I'm disappointed with our defending but all 3 goals you're happy with as a QP fan. Carlo and Carswell never got near Gillespie or Brown all day and you'll struggle to see a better pairing in midfield at this level IMO. 

Edited by The Moonster

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

One of the weirdest choices yesterday was moving Carswell to right back and leaving Carlo in midfield - Carlo IS a right back, why not try him there.

With our manager not being present you have to wonder whether that was a decision made by the manager or the assistant manager. Either way it isn’t ideal at all not having the manager there so hopefully that’s a one off. I can only assume he was best man at a wedding or something along those lines.

Really enjoyed that yesterday. Some great passing football on display after the opening goal. There were several spells (especially after we'd gone 2-0 up) where Dumbarton could have pulled a goal back and that was enough to keep me on tenterhooks until goal number 3 went in. Praise of course for the creativity of Gillespie, Brown, Longridge and Murray but I thought Lewis Moore also came onto a good game especially in the second half. Good atmosphere in the stand which was helped by the presence of the Dumbarton support. Pleased to see there was a crowd of over 600 although a few weel kent faces weren't present which is understandable under the  circumstances.

3 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

Laurie Ellis must take a lot of credit for the way the team have changed their style of play and improved since last season.

Agree 100% with the above.

17 hours ago, I Zingari said:

It is far from easy producing three programmes in eight days. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to which members of the "bloated" media team should be dispensed with. 

Too many volunteers and some spelling mistakes in the 40 page programme. The club are utterly fecked right enough.

Could not be more chuffed with that performance yesterday. I'd say 3-0 was a fair result. Started slow imo but went up through the gears as the game continued. So dominant in the second half and all three goals were clever and crafty from open play. 

Murray leads the line ever so well. His energy and passion is faultless. The goals are coming too so it's all groovy with the Ginger God.  The link up play with Liam Brown at times is excellent. The ginger connection is strong with this one *Darth Vader voice only*.

Our defence (including Wullie) is so strong. It's rare anyone gets the better of Tommy or Doyley. Fox and Morrison look really strong now they've had a run of games together. Morrison still scares me when he makes a pass but his defending is class. He's got pace too which is comforting. As for Muir, it's phenomenal watching a player develop. He's so comfortable and confident. The distribution is a lot better too. Rarely hoofs it anymore, always finds a man. We're lucky to have him. 

Jack Thomson hasn't done much to impress imo. Laurie must fancy him over Lyon. Luca Connell for example had a good impact last year, I'm not seeing that from Thomson. 

Grant Gillespie MOTM. Sue Perb performance. 

Don't you know pump it up. 

Edited by QPSpider1867

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Too many volunteers and some spelling mistakes in the 40 page programme. The club are utterly fecked right enough.

I asked the question recently as to, who proof reads the programme. It should be someone with Higher English, so that would rule me otherwise I would volunteer.

1 minute ago, Dooflick said:

I asked the question recently as to, who proof reads the programme. It should be someone with Higher English, so that would rule me otherwise I would volunteer.

Forgot the word out after otherwise. The shows it not for me.

On the football front thought that Longridge was great in this more forward position and that the Rangers boy blend well in midfield with Brown and Gillespie.