45 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

It's pretty shite as an away fan having to register and download an app just to go to an away game twice a season. If you want to go to all 9 away grounds in a season, is the future really downloading 9 apps and registering with 9 different clubs?

I'm sure something as progressive as the SPFL will be able to have an App that works for all teams in all leagues fairly shortly... 

47 minutes ago, an86 said:

Cash is going to be seen as a quaint thing from the past in the not too distant future. Covid has probably speeded up that process even more. Might come back into fashion like vinyl, but cannae see it.

Firhill will definitely be the first to reintroduce a cash gate in 2050, the hipster b*****ds. 

I've got a right nervous buzz for today that I didn't really get at all last year.

I'm enjoying watching us at the moment. But the ease with which teams score against us gives me the fear. Genuinely could see us winning 3-2, losing 4-1 or drawing 4-4. I've no clue at all how it will go.

Nice to have the pre-match buzz back though, I have to say.

Our "media team" has looked bloated for a while in my opinion, and when you see something like this it makes you wonder just what exactly are certain folk doing there. Mentioned in other threads before there have been other simple spelling errors in previous programmes as well. At least you don't pay for it any more... 

Screenshot_2021-08-14-13-37-13-173_com.android.chrome.jpg

Our "media team" has looked bloated for a while in my opinion, and when you see something like this it makes you wonder just what exactly are certain folk doing there. Mentioned in other threads before there have been other simple spelling errors in previous programmes as well. At least you don't pay for it any more... 
Screenshot_2021-08-14-13-37-13-173_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.e6f9de3ff2aad941f5f65575e0a44f84.jpg
So many errors in there and I'm not even going to get into how bad the layout of that page is. Seriously tricky to see where the following paragraph is. I'm glad we've got 6 points instead of 4 though.

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d genuinely call Liam Brown up to the next Scotland squad. What a player.

Motherwell are going to be kicking themselves when we sell him for about £3 million in a couple of years.

We started off quite brightly but Queens Park have started to dominate. We have had a couple of right good chances mind you - a criminal fresh air swipe from Orsi who was in a great position and a poor attempt from Buchanan in the 6 yard box that didn’t even test the keeper. Geggan has quickly realised that Liam Brown is an absolute baller and has started getting in his face a bit.

We desperately need something else up front, if we’re still a goal down in the 60th minute I’d be chuckin Schiavone on to see what he can offer. I’d also be looking towards young Wilson to provide a spark from the bench who I think is unlucky not to be starting today. 

At least the game isn’t dead, all to play for etc etc.

Queens Park dominated midfield for much of the half. We were guilty of sitting deeper than we should have. Gaps between  Orsi and any other Sons player were huge so nothing was sticking up front and it was too easy for Queens Park to just regain possession and get a good position to set up from in our half. Last 5 or 6 minutes we started closing down more and that's what we need to do in the 2nd. Simon Murray makes that a risk - clearly better than League One and there's a risk that he gets onto a quick break and is away if we're not careful.

Disappointed with the 3 behind  Orsi. It's not really working for McLean and neither Hopkirk nor McKee are really in the game. We're resorting to long diagonals into the corners because the fullbacks aren't really supporting and the wide men aren't running into space down the lines.

I'd give Wilson a go in the 2nd half. McKee isn't doing it today. Would also go with Duthie for Hopkirk. Hopkirk has been really frustrating in the first half.

Very happy with that performance. Stand outs for me were Longridge, who was involved in everything, and Brown. Murray did a lot of work too and took his goal very well.

Dumbarton had a couple of chances here and there but I think overall there was quite an obvious gulf in quality between the two sides. 

My only complaint, and I might be being a bit harsh here, is that it probably should've been more than 3-0! Delighted regardless.

Really poor from us today. We started off alright but both fullbacks (Geggan and Boyle) were posted cometely missing for the vast majority of the game. This resulted in Carsy and Pignatellio having to cover the wings as best they could and we lost our midfield.

We need the 2 young fullbacks back for our next game.

A really hopeless performance from us today, outclassed all over the park. Queens Park were on the front foot but at 1-0 we always have a chance, unfortunately that was up in the air when Pignatiello (how many times did he give the ball away!?) was bullied like a small child in the middle of the park allowing QP to breeze up our left side and fizz one into the box for the 2nd barely 5 mins into the 2nd half. Poor, poor stuff.

Geggan and Boyle are absolutely miles off it fitness wise, both of them had to be hooked because they were blowing out their arse. Pignatiello and Carswell were seriously awful today, Liam Brown was ripping the piss out of them at times. I’m not remotely convinced that we should be deploying the Pig in central midfield and today pretty much cemented that, despite a decent showing against Clyde. Hopkirk was anonymous and really has to do more, I’d be starting Duthie over him. McKee was also pretty anonymous but he was at least showing for the ball, unfortunately for him the two donkeys behind him couldn’t complete a basic 5 yard pass all day. MacLean huffed and puffed but didn’t really have much to work with in terms of players in space or support from his central midfielders. Orsi is another who huffed and puffed but he’s never an out and out striker, his fresh air swipe gave me flashbacks to Robert Jones. Massive improvements required from front to back and I’m still convinced Faz needs to sign a proper striker.

Drop the Pig to right back, start Paul Paton, start Conor Duthie for Hopkirk, sign Chris Kane and sign a new left back plz.

edited to add - fair play to Queens Park. I fully expected to be turned over today but I was impressed with how you went about it. Liam Brown is a superstar at this level and Longridge looked like he was having the time of his life breezing by our non existant midfielders and defenders. If Murray stays fit he can easily bag 20+ this season.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

Most pleasing aspect is coming out of that with a 3-0 without playing our best stuff. It was a solid, professional performance with some good stuff in spells.

Pleased to see Murray take a chance like that. He needed one of those to go on. Goal right after the break was huge and we looked like we could go on and score a few more in the wee spell after. Credit to Dumbarton, they had a wee spell where they put us under pressure and we lost our shape and composure a wee bit. Weathered it pretty well, though.

Thought Brown and Longridge were superb. Gillespie, as ever, doing the dirty work exceptionally well. Doyle a constant 7/10. Great to see the players taking the applause again at the end. Reckon there can be a really strong bond between the fans and these guys. Top of the league. Happy days.

That was brilliant, IMO that was our most complete performance this season. Solid at the back and always a threat going up the park. I said it last week and I’ll say it again but the football we are capable of playing really is outstanding at times and combine that with our fitness levels, it really is a great spectacle 

As usual Liam Brown was so far ahead of everyone on the pitch and deservedly got his goal but for me you’ve got to give credit to Grant Gillespie, he’s genuinely such a terrific player. It’s previously been mentioned about the dirty work but his ability on the ball, alongside the way he uses his body to get by opponents is criminally underrated. He was fantastic last season but I’d say he’s went up another level now. 

Had my reservations over Morrison going into the season but with a run of games, it’s shown that he’s a very good player at this level. He’s strong but what I didn’t realise was how quick he actually is. At this stage Fox and Morrison have been outstanding and can’t see Kilday starting at this rate anytime soon 

That was a humping, and not the sexy enjoyable kind. At no time did we ever look like competing. At no time did Queens Park ever look genuinely threatened.  I've seen us in 3 league games now and we've been at our best when we've pressed high up the park, we've competed in midfield and the fullbacks have either supported the midfielders and allowed the wide forwards to attack, or overlapped the wide men and whipped crosses across the face of the 6 yard box. That didnt happen at all today or for large spells of the Airdrie game. There was a massive gap between Orsi and everybody else, so he was getting no service or support and nothing was sticking with him. We seemed to sit off the midfield and didnt really compete around the centre circle area. I thought Hopkirk was poor, Maclean didnt do much and McKee had to drop really deep looking for the ball. Queens Park bossed the midfield - always hassled us in possession and always found tons of space and time when they had it. This launching long diagonals into the corners that we never seem to win and do anything with has to stop.

Geggan and Boyle looked really poor as fullbacks today. Has Muir been dropped for Boyle or is he missing through injury/isolation? If he's available then he should be starting. We can give Boyle playing time later in games to try and help with his fitness and sharpness because he looks miles off as a starter. As for Geggan, I think the right back has to be either Lynch or Pignatiello because Geggan just couldn't cope today with a wide man running at him and having to try and play the length of the right side.

Not a good day for us at all. Queens Park very worthy of the 3 goal win.

A great all round TEAM performance with support on every ball we had. We looked hungry for the ball for 90% of the game and to keep that sort of tempo for that amount of the 90 minutes is outstanding. Fitness levels looked great and we were firing on all cylinders. Difficult to single out any players for additional praise but thought Thomson was absolutely buzzing and Longridge had his best game so far....

We weren't at it today and Queen's Park very much were. I thought they were fantastic, but especially in midfield. Liam Brown is a great player, but Grant Gillespie was outstanding today.

Our changes at full-back really didn't work, and Geggan especially looked all over the shop at RB. File that one under Bad Day at the Office for us I think.