On 11/08/2021 at 22:55, Nowhereman said:

Why is this all ticket?

5 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Annoying that it's all ticket. I've got things to do tomorrow morning but fancy going to the game if I get them finished in time. It should be easy. At our level we shouldn't be making fans jump through hoops just to get to the game. It's not like they'll have anything more than 1 stand open anyway, so stewarding and turnstile staff costs shouldn't be huge.

Im not buying a ticket today. If I get home early tomorrow and can sort a ticket out then I may well be at the game. I'm going to do something uncharacteristic and praise Clyde for making it easy to turn up, use contactless to pay at the gate and attend the first game of the season. How difficult would it be for clubs to do the same?

It's all ticket as Mick below has pointed out it's not a manned turnstile. Pain in the arse, aye but not much QP can do about it.

On 10/08/2021 at 13:10, Mick1867 said:

Aye it's gonna be like this all season, it's a pain in the arse for those with shite phones or without printers at home  There is nobody working the turnstiles, just a scanning machine

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Annoying that it's all ticket. I've got things to do tomorrow morning but fancy going to the game if I get them finished in time. It should be easy. At our level we shouldn't be making fans jump through hoops just to get to the game. It's not like they'll have anything more than 1 stand open anyway, so stewarding and turnstile staff costs shouldn't be huge.

Im not buying a ticket today. If I get home early tomorrow and can sort a ticket out then I may well be at the game. I'm going to do something uncharacteristic and praise Clyde for making it easy to turn up, use contactless to pay at the gate and attend the first game of the season. How difficult would it be for clubs to do the same?

To be fair the process of buying the ticket looks really quick and easy. It’s just a case of selecting and seat and paying.

Joe McKee and Sam Ramsbottom back for this one. Which is smashing news. Callum Erskine has also snapped a tendon in his finger (which sounds painful), so it's a good job Sam's isolation is up.

Another trialist keeper to feature on the bench (e.g not the DU guy from last week, which is a bit of a relief in all honesty).

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=5052

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Considering his subs have massively impacted our last two games, the manager not being present is just a bit of a blow 🥴

I didn't even realise that in all the Joe McKee related excitement. How bizarre.

Franko McKeown is the real tactical genius behind Stevie Farrell imo. I've said it since day one :ph34r:

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It's all ticket as Mick below has pointed out it's not a manned turnstile. Pain in the arse, aye but not much QP can do about it.

I get that but they could have a portacabin or something selling tickets at the ground. Not everyone has a computer/printer 

What happens if your barcode doesn't work for some reason. There must be someone there to help. So surely there should be someone that can help folk with no clue about barcodes and mobile phones get in by taking money and printing off barcodes. Not doing that would be poor tbh.

8 hours ago, sons'r'us said:

What happens if your barcode doesn't work for some reason. There must be someone there to help. So surely there should be someone that can help folk with no clue about barcodes and mobile phones get in by taking money and printing off barcodes. Not doing that would be poor tbh.

Absolutely. Remote ticketing is all very well until it goes wrong. What happens if the barcode reader fails? Nobody there to fix/reboot, them nobody gets in, tech savvy or not.

8 hours ago, sons'r'us said:

48 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

Absolutely. Remote ticketing is all very well until it goes wrong. What happens if the barcode reader fails? Nobody there to fix/reboot, them nobody gets in, tech savvy or not.

There are stewards and club staff who can help in a situation like that, but there's a difference between being able to check that you've got a ticket and letting you in, and selling you one for pretty obvious reasons.

I agree that having a pay at the gate option would be better, but the online tickets work really well. This is our 4th game using them and I'd yet to see any complaints about the system until this thread.

2 hours ago, Zanetti said:

There are stewards and club staff who can help in a situation like that, but there's a difference between being able to check that you've got a ticket and letting you in, and selling you one for pretty obvious reasons.

I agree that having a pay at the gate option would be better, but the online tickets work really well. This is our 4th game using them and I'd yet to see any complaints about the system until this thread.

I don’t really understand all the complaining tbh. We tend to operate like the olden days mostly (our season tickets are fucking paper books with raffle tickets inside!) so I think folk are just more comfortable with the old fashioned methods… or just enjoy a whole load of moaning about nothing.

It takes seconds to pay for a ticket without the need for social interaction (which could prove deadly at the minute for some of the old farts in our support) then all you need to do is show your phone at the gate. Easy. 

Prayers are with all those impacted by this scandal.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I don’t really understand all the complaining tbh. We tend to operate like the olden days mostly (our season tickets are fucking paper books with raffle tickets inside!) so I think folk are just more comfortable with the old fashioned methods… or just enjoy a whole load of moaning about nothing.

It takes seconds to pay for a ticket without the need for social interaction (which could prove deadly at the minute for some of the old farts in our support) then all you need to do is show your phone at the gate. Easy. 

Prayers are with all those impacted by this scandal.

Cash is going to be seen as a quaint thing from the past in the not too distant future. Covid has probably speeded up that process even more. Might come back into fashion like vinyl, but cannae see it.

2 hours ago, Zanetti said:

It's pretty shite as an away fan having to register and download an app just to go to an away game twice a season. If you want to go to all 9 away grounds in a season, is the future really downloading 9 apps and registering with 9 different clubs?

Edited by BallochSonsFan

7 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

It's pretty shite as an away fan having to register and download an app just to go to an away game twice a season. If you want to go to all 9 away grounds in a season, is the future really downloading 9 apps and registering with 9 different clubs?

You can buy a ticket without registering on the website, and you get a copy of the ticket sent to your email too which you can print instead if you don't want to download the app. It doesn't seem all that inconvenient to me.

The app doesn't seem to work for me. I have it downloaded but it just shows the QP badge loading screen and nothing happens.

Is it alright just to show the email on your phone at the gate instead of printing it off?

Edited by super-son

2 minutes ago, super-son said:

The app doesn't seem to work for me. I have it downloaded but it just shows the QP badge loading screen and nothing happens.

Is it alright just to show the email on your phone at the gate instead of printing it off?

You can scan the QR code on the email too and get in that way, I did the same a few weeks back.