8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

How long are you stuck in isolation for if you are identified as a close contact? I genuinely think our chances of taking anything from this rest on Sam being available. 

Is he not able to return two negative tests and he's fine? If not, 10 days from his close contact I'd imagine, which I think was last Friday?

Just now, The Moonster said:

Is he not able to return two negative tests and he's fine? If not, 10 days from his close contact I'd imagine, which I think was last Friday?

I really have no idea anymore. Is the two tests thing not only if you've been double vaccinated? Which I don't imagine he will have been.

If it's 10 days then I really don't hold out much hope. After the second goal Airdrie were just shooting from anywhere and causing Callum Erskine issues. Hopefully it was just debut nerves and he can bounce back.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

I really have no idea anymore. Is the two tests thing not only if you've been double vaccinated? Which I don't imagine he will have been.

If it's 10 days then I really don't hold out much hope. After the second goal Airdrie were just shooting from anywhere and causing Callum Erskine issues. Hopefully it was just debut nerves and he can bounce back.

Perhaps the other side of Edinburgh could do us a wee turn and send someone down for a week long trial :ph34r:

Hopefully we can rest a few for the sevco babies game tomorrow. I honestly would rather we forfeited the tie. Saves the pitch and the legs from being gubbed.

I'm working otherwise I would have loved to head to Maryhill for this one. 

3 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Hopefully we can rest a few for the sevco babies game tomorrow.

Just let Dumbarton United play them. It will help improve the National Standard if local amateur teams can play against professionals, for that is what the most important thing is. 

10 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Surely we can figure out when his isolation is finished? 😂 If we aren't 100% we should be able to ask the Test and Protect team or whatever because they usually send quite specific instruction on dates etc.

Screenshot_20210811-112536_Chrome.jpg

It's probably just careful language in case anything happens that keeps him ruled out, but encouraging that we're expecting him to be available. 

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It's probably just careful language in case anything happens that keeps him ruled out, but encouraging that we're expecting him to be available. 

Yep, could develop symptoms or test positive requiring him to continue isolating.

5 hours ago, an86 said:

I actually gave up on that shiteshow of an online booking system.

Attempting to tap/zoom in on a wee black dot to book a random seat & then trying to input payment details resulted in the website being over-sensitive & putting in bank account numbers that I never added 😂

There will be a crowd of around 500 ffs, Partick Thistle have 'pay at the turnstile' options for their Championship games, no reason for Queen's not to either.

Get that shite in the sea it's League 1 for fucksake.

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

I actually gave up on that shiteshow of an online booking system.

Attempting to tap/zoom in on a wee black dot to book a random seat & then trying to input payment details resulted in the website being over-sensitive & putting in bank account numbers that I never added 😂

There will be a crowd of around 500 ffs, Partick Thistle have 'pay at the turnstile' options for their Championship games, no reason for Queen's not to either.

Get that shite in the sea it's League 1 for fucksake.

There's a certain irony in the fact that you originated this thread 😄

FWIW I had absolutely no problems.

10 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

There's a certain irony in the fact that you originated this thread 😄

FWIW I had absolutely no problems.

Well done you 👍

Hopefully the entrance will be able to accomodate your inflated ego/head.

Edited by Silverton End

2 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Indeed.

That's the poster who wished death on your dad Dougie.

🤤

Bit exaggerated;  he did express a sentiment that Sons games would be more enjoyable once my dad snuffed it, he didn't wish him dead.

And for interests of balance,  he has apologised for the phrase used, so I consider the thing closed and history.

3 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Bit exaggerated;  he did express a sentiment that Sons games would be more enjoyable once my dad snuffed it, he didn't wish him dead.

I think you may be contradicting yourself there 

ETA There's maybe a reason why barely half a dozen Sons fans post on Sons' Sorrow these day's, I recall 20-30+ posters on our thread.

Halcyon days indeed 

Edited by Silverton End

I think you may be contradicting yourself there 
ETA There's maybe a reason why barely half a dozen Sons fans post on Sons' Sorrow these day's, I recall 20-30+ posters on our thread.
Halcyon days indeed 
In the past week, 25 different Dumbarton fans have posted on that thread so you're way off the mark there.

Annoying that it's all ticket. I've got things to do tomorrow morning but fancy going to the game if I get them finished in time. It should be easy. At our level we shouldn't be making fans jump through hoops just to get to the game. It's not like they'll have anything more than 1 stand open anyway, so stewarding and turnstile staff costs shouldn't be huge.

Im not buying a ticket today. If I get home early tomorrow and can sort a ticket out then I may well be at the game. I'm going to do something uncharacteristic and praise Clyde for making it easy to turn up, use contactless to pay at the gate and attend the first game of the season. How difficult would it be for clubs to do the same?