Edinburgh City v Stenhousemuir

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

In the past didn’t they used to have it half and half with the hospitality.

Think most City games i’ve been there has been hospitality so would know about what happens when there’s none.

Don’t know if it would have anything to do with you being in the SPFL.

They always have it open at their own games.

Its usually half and half. There's occasions when its the entire area with hospitality.

When its half and half (or none), they do open the bar. But there's sometimes where they don't open it at all when we play. Its been like that since the start of groundshare.

If we lose an early goal then 

wham.jpg.f74cb5dd48364af1193227a3ce8fdd0d.jpg

that would be a 

stinger.jpg.3794bb243e4dceead0f51ad1e3896285.jpg

but one of our useless bone idle shagbags might turn out to be a hero like 

1947876936_royoftherovers.jpg.e92d37fa32c55ad86d53e2bb0c202916.jpg

I also notice that McCowans used to do a bar in honour of our "legacy" strip. Obviously recognised quality. 

498848630_blackandred.jpg.7376b3182a03c77ecad3f607e43e867d.jpg

Going to head along to this tonight, so fair play to Edinburgh City as had it been a Saturday I would have been busy somewhere else. Bit pricey though - I reckon me and my son will be £23 to get in. Tomorrow for LTHV v Linlithgow in the same stadium we'd only be £6.

Anyway, anyone know if a pie hut will be open? Printed programmes available? And where best to park?

Thanks in advance

Guest mr_malcolm
Going to head along to this tonight, so fair play to Edinburgh City as had it been a Saturday I would have been busy somewhere else. Bit pricey though - I reckon me and my son will be £23 to get in. Tomorrow for LTHV v Linlithgow in the same stadium we'd only be £6.
Anyway, anyone know if a pie hut will be open? Printed programmes available? And where best to park?
Thanks in advance

Hope you got the car parked ok x

Fair play to Stenhousemuir, did everything they possibly could to give us our first 3 points of the season.

Actually enjoyed the second half, good mix of chances, rammies and laugh out loud refereeing. 

If it wasn't for the American lad in goal we would have lost by a couple I reckon. Cheers for the loan Davey Martindale

27 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Fair play to Stenhousemuir, did everything they possibly could to give us our first 3 points of the season.

Actually enjoyed the second half, good mix of chances, rammies and laugh out loud refereeing. 

If it wasn't for the American lad in goal we would have lost by a couple I reckon. Cheers for the loan Davey Martindale

Any idea on attendance? From twitter it sounded like we missed some chances aswell.

14 minutes ago, ARFC Exile said:

Any idea on attendance? From twitter it sounded like we missed some chances aswell.

315 was the official number I think. Looked a few more but plenty of freebies in there.

We missed 2 one on ones but they missed plenty as well.

Mildly encouraging I'd say

That was a poor game of football between two sides who have their work cut out if they're to challenge for the top four. I thought a draw might have been the fairer outcome but I can't really begrudge Edinburgh City their victory. They took one of their few chances and Stenhousemuir did not. Good on them.

I don't know what to make of this Stenny side. I was encouraged by some of the performances in the Betfred Cup but they have not been replicated in league campaign, save for a 30-minute spell against Albion Rovers. We didn't play well against Stirling Albion on the opening day and we didn't play well tonight against the Citizens. The Warriors looked unimaginative, we didn't offer enough support to the forward line and, perhaps most of all, we were really slow. It wasn't until the introduction of James Lyon on the hour mark that things began to pick up a little but other than a late flourish, we didn't create anything or put our hosts under any duress.

The team selection surprised me. Our line-up changes on a game-by-game basis with no real rhyme or reason and I don't think Stephen Swift knows what his best XI is, nor do I think he knows the most appropriate system to field them in. Players come in and players are dropped, and although we've flitted between a 4-3-3 and a 4-4-2 with a midfield diamond, there doesn't appear to be any real difference between the two formations. When asked why he brought in Jon Craig on loan from Kilmarnock through the week to play at left-back, Swift said it was because he felt it was a position he was "looking for more". It was strange, therefore, to see Craig on the bench and BJ Coll playing ahead of him. We now have three left-backs at the club and one right-back, Ross Lyon, whose absence through injury saw Craig Reid step up in his place tonight. Reid looked off the pace, both offensively and defensively, and it worries me we've got such a large squad but lack cover in an important position, one that's fundamental to how the team attacks.

Robert Thomson was the only player who performed to a good standard tonight. He looks miles ahead of anything else in the team at the moment and his drive and his graft was impressive over the course of the match. Other than that? Tam Orr's penalty was dreadful and he couldn't really get into the game, (although it didn't help that his team-mates were often some distance away from him when the ball found its way to him). Adam Brown looked reasonably bright before fading, Nat Wedderburn plays as though he's running knee high through syrup, Darren Christie is perhaps better utilised as an impact substitute, and I've not seen anything at all from Euan O'Reilly since he joined the club.

Special mention must go to the central defenders, Sean Crighton and Nicky Jamieson. The pair looked so uncomfortable this evening, with things like straightforward balls over the top causing inexplicable panic. Jamieson in particular seems to be making critical mistakes in every game - he failed to stop Marc Laird's run in the Stirling Albion match in the build-up to the winning goal, he almost cost another against Albion Rovers last weekend, and tonight he somehow sliced a simple clearance and fell over, allowing Ryan Shanley to nip in and score. (Could Ryan Marshall have done better? Probably.) Central defence should be our strongest position and I think we all expected more from two experienced players.

One point from our first three matches is a disappointing return and if results go against us tomorrow, we will be bottom of the division. With games against Cowdenbeath and Kelty Hearts coming up, two tough encounters, I'm worried about where the first league win of the season is going to come from. Swift and his team have a lot to do before next week's match.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

A draw was the least we should have got given the total dominance particularly in the 1st half but worryingly despite it all we managed to lose.

Jamieson is costing us a goal a game. Tapping is back training this week. He can’t be worse.

Special word for the referee. No idea who he was but he had a nightmare. Appreciating we missed a pen, but that should have been our 2nd of the game. How he managed to come to the conclusion we should have a corner after O’Reilly knocked the ball past the defender before being clattered was staggering.

Goals change games they say, it definitely was the case last night.

As a neutral at the game I thought that the away side were having the best of it until giving away a really cheap goal. Crighton was organising the team well and Thomson was causing the home defence plenty of problems with his aerial ability and work rate which he did all game to be fair. 

As the game then became stretched in the 2nd half City had a couple of really good chances to get a second which they should have taken. See should have done better as he tried to get the ball on his right foot but huge credit to Coll at left back, who had a decent game I thought, for a great recovery tackle which saved probably a certain goal. 

A late flurry from the away side near the end came and went as they tried to force an equaliser. A draw would probably have been a fairer result if I'm being honest but I think both teams can take positives from the game and try and put a run of results together to ultimately aim for the playoffs / top half. 

Both teams still have the look of sides tinkering with formations and starting elevens, the players themselves certainly still look like they're getting used to things. 

All the best to both teams for the rest of the season. 

Ps it wouldn't be Scottish football without a mention to the ref. The away player's scampering down the left wing in front of the away dugout when he's cleaned right out by an home player. Some handbags then follow and the ref gives a yellow card to each team but then somehow gives the home side a throw in that they take from the gap between the two dugouts. Baffling. 

As expected the football ruins a lovely day out.

We were absolutely garbage. Aye, they weren't great either but we never looked likely apart from that awful penalty. 

Feel sorry for Robert Thomson he's battling away with absolutely zero support. 

If Cammy Graham doesn't start the next game my toys are well and truly out the pram.

Great to be back at a football game.  Both sets of fans in good form on a Friday night and the spirits were high with a feel good factor around the stadium.  Both teams look well matched, both are trying to play good football and 2 new teams building for the future.  Shame someone had to lose as i like Stenny's style of play and we are trying to play too.  Good chances at both ends and a draw may have been fairer.  But we scored and will take a well needed win.  Hearts B in midweek will be more enjoyable with no pressure and then on to K£lty.  A draw would be a good result there and no pressure again as nothing is expected.  Last night was a big win from a City point of view as the odd win here and there moves you up the table over the course of a few games.  When we have the ball and play on the deck, Edinburgh look a good team.  I can see glimpses of a team building for the future there. 

10 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

That was a poor game of football between two sides who have their work cut out if they're to challenge for the top four. I thought a draw might have been the fairer outcome but I can't really begrudge Edinburgh City their victory. They took one of their few chances and Stenhousemuir did not. Good on them.

I don't know what to make of this Stenny side. I was encouraged by some of the performances in the Betfred Cup but they have not been replicated in league campaign, save for a 30-minute spell against Albion Rovers. We didn't play well against Stirling Albion on the opening day and we didn't play well tonight against the Citizens.

That's a good, fair summary Cesc.

Looked like two average mid-table teams to me.

A draw, maybe 2-2 would have been a fair reflection of that game.

I don't think either team are good enough to make the play-off,  but this is league Two which is pretty shit standard so one might sneak into 4th come the end of the season.

Edinburgh City are a work in progress after a horrific summer overhaul of the complete squad!

Some encouraging signs we are moving in the right direction last night.

Stenhousemuir have enough to be safe midtable but need a bit more quality as well.

Good to be back in the stadium, although Friday nights don't work for me, so I’ll be at more away games than home this season.