Arbroath vs Thistle 21st August 2021

Absolutely shat the bed just as KFC sneak into a 2-0 lead. We'll have to temper our ambitions. Title wrapped up at Easter rather than Christmas

Edited by jagfox BLM

That was quite shite. Stone sold the jerseys a bit, but I thought Foster was really poor today. Shea Gordon remains the invisible man, and I hope Ross MacIver has a good back up lined up because I don’t think he’ll have too much longer as a full time footballer. Akinola looked fine, and Smith was good when he came on. 

Nouble looks a very decent player - none of our defenders had a clue how to deal with him.

We looked pony in what I saw in the second half. Big credit to Arbroath who grew into the game and never looked back. Had the fear after the careless equaliser. Big reality check ? Yup but would have taken 6 points at this stage and we were away to a good team. Gutted the run ended today and slightly worried we got bullied today

15 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Have to say I didn’t have any issues with the line up at all today. What was it you thought was wild?

CRAIGEN LEFT MID

But I have to say so happy DC has made me shut my puss we should’ve won 5

Joel Nouble is the fuckin boy 

18 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That was quite shite. Stone sold the jerseys a bit, but I thought Foster was really poor today. Shea Gordon remains the invisible man, and I hope Ross MacIver has a good back up lined up because I don’t think he’ll have too much longer as a full time footballer. Akinola looked fine, and Smith was good when he came on. 

Nouble looks a very decent player - none of our defenders had a clue how to deal with him.

McCall must take responsibility for this mess. He persists on playing defenders our of position. Foster and Bell were fine in League One but they are in their late 30s now. Their weaknesses will be exposed in this league. He also chose to give new deals for Gordon and McIver.

We need an experienced keeper who can command the box and organise the defence. Unfortunately, McCall chose to give Sneddon a new deal and then brought in an inexperienced 19 year old loanee. 

If the Bunnet's part-timers can beat us so easily, we have a big problem.

Patrick edged the first half without creating to much, 

Straight from kick off in the 2nd half it was a completely different game, we absolutely battered them and they couldn't handle Nouble, Low covered every blade of grass too, And 2 Goals for Mckenna when he is played in the correct position, Goldie was solid at RB and though Henderson had a good game too, 

4 points on the board but really could if been 6...

Great 3 points well deserved, nothing much in it in the first half and was glad we got the goal on half time (looked a bit of a tame goal from the Arbroath end?) to get in level but we were supberb the 2nd half. Nouble was MOM again with Mckenna not far behind but a great overall team performance,

Thistle looked ok in the 1st half but were outplayed in the 2nd, number 7 looked good.