Arbroath vs Thistle 21st August 2021

I can’t make it up today, so will be watching on the stream - what’s the quality been like, lichties? And are the commentators completely insufferable?

And how’s James Craigen been for you guys? I used to see him on nights out in Edinburgh, and he always had time for us so I hope he’s doing well - apart from today, obviously. 

Think it’ll be a tough game, but we’ll come out on top. 2-1 Thistle - Brian Graham with his customary goal, and Jake Hastie to score a tap in which gives him the confidence boost he clearly needs to pish the league. Arbroath will probably score directly from a throw in or something.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I can’t make it up today, so will be watching on the stream - what’s the quality been like, lichties? And are the commentators completely insufferable?

And how’s James Craigen been for you guys? I used to see him on nights out in Edinburgh, and he always had time for us so I hope he’s doing well - apart from today, obviously. 

Think it’ll be a tough game, but we’ll come out on top. 2-1 Thistle - Brian Graham with his customary goal, and Jake Hastie to score a tap in which gives him the confidence boost he clearly needs to pish the league. Arbroath will probably score directly from a throw in or something.

Arbroath TV is usually excellent. I didn’t think there was better in the league last season. The commentators who just talked like fans on the terracing and who I enjoyed listening to have been replaced by more professional ones this season.

Arbroath TV is good quality, not heard the new commentary team over 90 mins but have sounded decent on highlights packages. Craigen is a steady player, never seems to have any bad games or particularly outstanding games. We gave him a 3 year deal and probably a decent wage so I’d like to see a bit more in all honesty.

Gutted I can't make this but as said Arbroath tends to be a decent day out ruined by the football in recent visits. 

Reading between the lines it seems McCall is going to stick by his usual team if available. Having the likes of Hastie, Bell and Akinola to the bench is definitely a boon. We have a small squad but all 19 are capable of contributing imo. We had a pretty small squad the year we won the old first division so that may not be a bad thing if we are lucky with injuries and keep suspensions to a minimum.

I'd be disappointed not to score a couple and take all three points down the road on Saturday evening. We certainty cannot play worse than our last couple of visits.

17 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Docherty (injured?), Bell or Hastie (surprisingly) are not in the squad. Bench looks. a bit thin..

McIver is preferred to Murray and Smith.

All three of Bell, Hastie and Docherty have ‘knocks’ according to official Twitter, which sounds to me as though it’s not serious injury problems for any of them.

Pissed off at these wild team selections and the total refusal to get bobby linn on the park 

team line up looked pish and it’s produced exactly what it would’ve looked like to start 

we’ll work hard and get beat and say we were unlucky again 

Started off on front foot. Not sure if this is pixellot or a cameraman but it's fucking shite. Okay for watching middle of the park that's a bout it!

ETA. FFS! Apparently a home goal going by the cheers...