Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

As the original fixture was a sell-out, we can only release a limited number of tickets for sale (i.e. those tickets from the original fixture that were refunded earlier this month) before we are at full capacity again.

Wtf are Rovers on about? 
There was barely 4000 folk there 🤨

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Is it not a case that we're still limited to 5000 fans unless Fife Cooncil give approval for more? Bear in mind there was about 500 each end stuck outside. 

Which you would have been stupid not to have got approval

Edited by parsforlife

36 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Hardly the clubs fault,they dont decide how many are permitted into the ground.If the council decide its 5000 theres not a whole lot the club can do about it if indeed that is the case

I think every council authority in Scotland has agreed to full capacities so far so I highly doubt Fife Council would be any different. If it is the capacity restriction that is the issue, then it would most likely be cause the club hasn’t applied to increase it. 

Edited by parsdaft

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

https://www.raithrovers.net/50201/dunfermline-match-ticket-sales.htm

That's tickets back on sale. The Rovers are weirdly billing this as "a small number of tickets" but a quick glance shows that there are plenty in both the home and away ends. 

Most likely is trying encourage people to buy by suggesting supply is low. People aren't going to change their mind about the purchase most of the way through if they suddenly see plenty seats.

I think the most likely charitable explanation is that the South Stand was near capacity. I'm not convinced it ever "sold out" and I can't be arsed checking if there were on the day sales or not, but taking the number of people in the stand and the number of people locked out, it can't have been far off the full whack. 

That doesn't change the fact that there are plenty of tickets left though. 

1 hour ago, parsdaft said:

I think every council authority in Scotland has agreed to full capacities so far so I highly doubt Fife Council would be any different. If it is the capacity restriction that is the issue, then it would most likely be cause the club hasn’t applied to increase it. 

I haven,t a clue whether every council authority have agreed to full capacities or not and wouldn,t doubt FC denying it

Also would see no reason for the club not apply for increased capacity

1 hour ago, true_rover said:

Most likely is trying encourage people to buy by suggesting supply is low. People aren't going to change their mind about the purchase most of the way through if they suddenly see plenty seats.

Could well be a push to encourage fans to purchase tickets but looking at stadium plan there is limited on stand capacity

The South Stand is now officially sold out. Very surprised by that given what it looked like when I saw it yesterday.

I’d hate to think we’re just accepting a 5,000 capacity and allocating the Pars 2,500 of that when they only brought a few hundred last time out…

Surely not?

31 minutes ago, Paco said:

The South Stand is now officially sold out. Very surprised by that given what it looked like when I saw it yesterday.

I’d hate to think we’re just accepting a 5,000 capacity and allocating the Pars 2,500 of that when they only brought a few hundred last time out…

Surely not?

You could sell the railway stand to home fans I would think, but imagine your main stand will still be closed to comply with the SFA social distancing rules and subsequent "red zone"

Agree that communication recently hasn’t been the greatest, but we are we really at the point where folk use the club saying ‘there are limited number of tickets left’  to criticise? Most events up and the down the country do this to try and stimulate a bit of demand, so it’s hardly ‘embarrassing.’ Anyway, sold out now so guess there was limited tickets left after all…

2 hours ago, 101 said:

You could sell the railway stand to home fans I would think, but imagine your main stand will still be closed to comply with the SFA social distancing rules and subsequent "red zone"

I don't think we can use the railway stand as there's apparently no catering facilities. The fans that have been in there this season was when the pie stalls in whole stadium were closed anyway. 

16 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I don't think we can use the railway stand as there's apparently no catering facilities. The fans that have been in there this season was when the pie stalls in whole stadium were closed anyway. 

Yeh that does seem like a poor excuse, we aren't going to need the stand so would be good to fill it with Rovers fans

Surely not?

This is definitely what has happened, isn’t it? If we haven’t actually applied for an increased capacity, and are just halving the 5000 ‘capacity’ with Dunfermline, who are unlikely to sell any more than 1500, then it is mortifying. Again.

If we have applied and we have actually sold all the seats in the South Stand then fair enough, but I can’t see it.

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If we have applied and we have actually sold all the seats in the South Stand then fair enough, but I can’t see it.

Nah there's no way we've sold 3000+ South Stand tickets so I'd guess we're going with max 5k crowd and haven't asked for approval for increased capacity.