Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

A short power failure shouldn’t have put so many systems out.

Not wanting to put the boot in too much, but given there’s an spfl report into what happens I wouldn’t be surprised to see some minor spfl/safety certificate requirements changed to try prevent a repeat(and not just at starks) 

13 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

If no CCTV and lights in the stand was such a big safety risk for the crowd then why did they let the game start in the first place? 

Pretty sure there was talk about the ref phoning the SFA etc. He was probably just desperate to make sure he got his fee.

Edited by Enigma

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

A short power failure shouldn’t have put so many systems out.

Not wanting to put the boot in too much, but given there’s an spfl report into what happens I wouldn’t be surprised to see some minor spfl/safety certificate requirements changed to try prevent a repeat(and not just at starks) 

I'd like to see the SPFL try to tell every local authority in Scotland how to go about their business in respect of safety certificates.

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I'd like to see the SPFL try to tell every local authority in Scotland how to go about their business in respect of safety certificates.

Yea, but the spfl does require certain safety requirements that can go beyond safely certificates via licensing. 

Alternatively councils(and especially fife) might ask for additional steps themselves.

Wasn’t suggesting spfl could control issuing of safety certificates.

Yea, but the spfl does require certain safety requirements that can go beyond safely certificates via licensing. 

Alternatively councils(and especially fife) might ask for additional steps themselves.

Can you specify what safety requirements you are referring to?

16 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Can you specify what safety requirements you are referring to?

In terms of what’s currently required beyond a safety certificate?

Provision of medical facilities can count(tho that sometimes might be requested for a safety certificate, the spfl required if regardless)

And as many have said, the match commander will also be heavily questioned by his bosses given they didn’t handle the situation well at all.

Edited by parsforlife

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

In terms of what’s currently required beyond a safety certificate?

Provision of medical facilities can count(tho that sometimes might be requested for a safety certificate, the spfl required if regardless)

And as many have said, the match commander will also be heavily questioned by his bosses given they didn’t handle the situation well at all.

I'll ignore the rest.

Here is what the SPFL rules state.

Ground Safety, Behaviour at Matches and Damage to Stadia H22 All Clubs must have a valid and current safety certificate for its Registered Ground prior to the start of each Season and must maintain such certificate in full force and effect for the duration of each Season. H23 Each Club shall, unless a copy shall previously have been provided, provide a copy of its safety certificate to the Secretary not less than one month prior to the start of each Season or as soon as available and shall thereafter provide to the Secretary a copy of any replacement, renewed, extended or amended certificate within one month of same being issued

There are no additional caveats.

That it has requirements for clubs grounds

I've covered this, the SPFL regulations defer to the local authority for safety certification, or in the event of Covid the local health board.

Perhaps you are confusing the subject with requirements by the SFA for club licensing?

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I've covered this, the SPFL regulations defer to the local authority for safety certification, or in the event of Covid the local health board.

Perhaps you are confusing the subject with requirements by the SFA for club licensing?

Safety certificates are done by local authorities, I’ve never said otherwise.

The spfl requires clubs to comply with SFA club licensing.

Therefore clubs need to meet both requirements for the spfl rules.

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Safety certificates are done by local authorities, I’ve never said otherwise.

The spfl requires clubs to comply with SFA club licensing.

Therefore clubs need to meet both requirements for the spfl rules.

The SFA rules on club Licensing do not vary with the SPFL for safety certification, however, you said.

49 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The point is, both bodies only require Local Authority safety certification, this is the overarching requirement.

The SFA and SPFL do not have any issue so long as the certificates are in place, I'm not sure what you mean regarding 'go beyond'

Unless you're Buzz Lightyear of course.

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

You also said it definitely wasn’t a power failure. Err, it was. 

An independent electrical investigation has confirmed that the power failure which led to the abandonment of the game was caused by an external power surge from the mains which tripped our system at Stark’s Park and in the surrounding areas.

Nope, the club are basically lying. Therecwas nonpwer failure hencs why the floodlights worked. Starks Park HAD POWER. The equipment distributing that power to other systems failed. Power was getting in. The equipment allowing us to use the available supply failed.

If you blow a fuse on the kettle that's not a power failure. 

3 minutes ago, graeme_p said:

Nope, the club are basically lying. Therecwas nonpwer failure hencs why the floodlights worked. Starks Park HAD POWER. The equipment distributing that power to other systems failed. Power was getting in. The equipment allowing us to use the available supply failed.

If you blow a fuse on the kettle that's not a power failure. 

If the Kettle does not work It is a 'power failure' as no electric is getting to it 😉