Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Think John mcglynn has to shoulder some of the blame as our game management continually causes our down fall , he was happy just to contain Dunfermline which back fired I feel but as soon as Dunfermline drew level we came alive again and could have snatched it at the death. Regarding strikers it’s clear that Keatings has had a major fall out because we are thread bare up front and god forbid if Zanatta got injured we would be up to our necks in it because we are to reliant on him scoring us goals

No matter how miserable you’ve been, you’ve always got a chance in a one off game. Everyone has in the Championship. You’re playing Raith Rovers not Barcelona. To be fair it’s not unique to Pars fans. Most threads on here are now full of folk telling us how shite they are and why their team will lose rather than discussing the game. Maybe it’s a self protection mechanism, but it’s just really tedious. 
I'd fancy the Pars in that one to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Agree with most comments I've read. We were comfortable in the first half but couldn't get that second goal. In the second half we seemed to be caught out by the changes Grant made and the two strikers made it much harder for us to build from the back. I still thought we might hold out for a 1-0 despite us largely being on the back foot but the equaliser was hardly a shock. 

We then really should've won it in the final 10 minutes but hey hi, it's another point closer to safety. 

Dunfermline looked solid enough at centre back and if they stick with something close to that second half line up I expect them to climb out of danger soon enough. 

Not got alot to add that hasn't been said,  diabolical first half, much improved 2nd. Felt we deserved the goal but rovers should have had the game already won by that stage.

2 most imprortant things from today's game.

1. Grant is still not the man to take us forward,  but we didn't lose and our board are shitebags so he's going to stay.

2. Owain Fôn Williams I fucking love you. ❤️❤️😍  What a fucking save you sexy beast.

First half was dreadful. Launching balls at Todorov and Cole looking lost behind him. Thought we were getting run ragged on our right hand side too. The amount of space Zanatta was getting was criminal.

Much better with O'Hara buzzing about and Wighton giving us some composure up top in the second half. Got to mention that brilliant save from OFW to keep us level. Incredible reactions.

Will take the point considering that first half. 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Also meant to add, the ref WTF. Gave us nothing all game. Just prior to the equaliser we should have had a free kick in the middle of the park.

He incorrectly dissalowed a goal aswell as not sending off Tumilty. 

It wasn't even a foul in the lead up to our goal, that bloke who came on tried to be physical with Vytas, and quite frankly got his arse well and truly felt. 

On the TV the only time you heard the Raith fans was when they were howling, usually incorrectly at the ref. 

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

Pretty much the same thoughts as most. Dunfermline packed the midfield and pressed us for a good spell in the second half. 

We took a man off in midfield, we pressed your defence. 

7 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Very, very tight. Reckon his baldy napper is still offside though if you look at the line of the pitch 

F9D5A37B-BA54-40F2-8C86-DC5EF1638ABE.jpeg

Nah Berras heel is playing him on. 

Attendance of 2876, how on earth were Raith saying it was a sell out in the home end? 

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It wasn't even a foul in the lead up to our goal, that bloke who came on tried to be physical with Vytas, and quite frankly got his arse well and truly felt. 

On the TV the only time you heard the Raith fans was when they were howling, usually incorrectly at the ref. 

Attendance of 2876, how on earth were Raith saying it was a sell out in the home end? 

And you didn't even attend the game.

33 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Home end must have been a restricted capacity of 2,000. There were empty seats around me. 876 in the away end probably sounds about right. It looked very thin. Appreciate it was on TV and folk seem to hate Peter Grant, so fair play to those that turned up. 

Thought that game was there for the taking tonight and we really should have made the advantage count on the first half. Fair play to Dunfermline who thoroughly deserved the draw. They made the changes at half time and we didn't react. McGlynn has to shoulder the blame for that and thinking we could ride it out.

Feel the criticism of Varien is a bit unfair. He was up front on his own and getting chucked balls at him to deal with against 2 big defenders. So many times the balls were fired at him at chest height. He won plenty of flick ons with the head but we have zero threat and support coming from centre midfield just now so he just looked very isolated.

We really looked like a mid table team and need to hope we can struggle our way through to January whilst still around 4th or 5th. We are woefully short of options and I honestly can't believe we've let ourselves get into this position. Varien or Poplatnik get injured and we're left with a young kid who's never played professional football before this season and another one who can't get a match for Cowden.

Big few weeks ahead now as we play the top 3 before another derby march. We could be looking at a very different picture come the end of October.

I was a bit dissapointed that Dunfermline signed Kennedy whilst we signed Zanatta and Connolly.  Shows what I know.

Been said but the crowd and atmosphere was poor.  Only time outside the goal I can recall hearing the away fans was the booing at half time.

We will be fine this season, but still dissapointing that we couldn't see the win out.  Probably the two toughest games of the season coming up.

Dunfermline will be in serious relegation danger keeping Grant in charge.  Crazy to think he attended the game on Sun, yet Zanatta had that kind of space in the first half.  Worst side I've seen this season, in that first half.  Improved after the break of course, but over the 90 mins I'd say fortunate to draw.

Edited by CALDERON

There was a period in the first half when it was scary how quiet the crowd was.

Game was actually a decent watch but our following shows you how the fans feel at the moment. If you’d have told me a few years ago that I could have went to Rovers away and chose not to then I wouldn’t have believed you.

Well, I lifted my glasses case before I went to the game, then when I opened the case at my seat the glasses weren’t fucking in it, so my view of the game was generally terrible and I had almost no idea what was going on up the far end. Most stuff already been said, should’ve had Dunfermline buried in the first half, they are the worst side I’ve seen this season so it’s a bit of a riddy we let them back in in the second half. Draw probably about fair.

Benedictus loses his man at the equaliser, really terrible defending. He has him at the edge of the box then just gets attracted to the ball and O’Hara runs off the back of him. He neither gets into a position to block the cross nor stays anywhere near the striker and it’s a fine finish first time. John’s McGlynn’s laser pen will be doing overtime with that today, you’d suspect.

Raith should’ve been out of sight by half time. Zanatta was given far too much room for the goal, unsure if it was my my view from the stand but when Connolly realises that Comrie’s caught out of position, he has got to go and close Zanatta down. He just backs off and makes it easy for him. Absolute criminal defending. 

Wighton and O’Hara livened the game up for us. They have to start going forward from here, it’s worrying that Grant still doesn’t know what his strongest 11 is yet. Our players look well off the pace, I can only assume that’s down to fitness? Pressing the game with two strikers found us some joy and allowed us to perform much better in the second half but we only seemed to perform in 5 minute spells then we’d be gassed out. What a save from OFW though, he’s gotten us a point there. 

All in all, still nowhere near good enough. First half Cole, Dorrans and Pybus couldn’t get near the Raith players and allowed them to dictate the play. We’ve desperately needed a presence in CM all season. Pybus did put in a shift and improved the second half along with Dorrans but you could see his legs go with around 5-10 minutes left. Cole brings us nothing at all can’t think of a team in this division he’d do a job for. We still need to improve drastically, lucky if we had 5 players out of the starting 11 and subs that got pass marks for last night, however this is the standard I think some of our fans are happy to be served up. Seen someone say we had on outstanding 2nd half??? Lol wut. Away’n fling shite at yersel min. 

Btw, who was on the bender wi the sex offender 😂😂? You know we’ve played shite when that’s all the young teams singing for the majority of the game. 

Edited by Gigi Alabocheré

Knew the Rovers would regret not putting us to bed by half time. Much better showing in the 2nd half from us. Was that caused by Rovers getting a bit nervy and allowing us to play with more freedom? Probably, but it is definitely the best we have played all season, which isn’t really saying much in all honesty. We looked like a football team trying to win a game instead of a disjointed gang with no plan at all. We did drop off, disappointingly, after the goal, and if not for some unbelievable goalkeeping from OFW, we’d have lost the match. If we had played like that from the 1st game, I’m sure we’d be in a much better position than we are. As it is, we have not been good enough in this first quarter and Peter Grant will still need to be binned. To save his job for a wee bit longer, he needs to win against QotS. Anything less and we’ll still be at the bottom, heading in to an international break, just before the very last game of the quarter. It is the perfect time to make a change. If we win then they will give him a bit longer. Anything less he will have to pay the price.

Grant looked like a different manager from what we have seen. He was actually out his dugout barking orders and desperate to get the ball to get the game going whenever it went out for a shy. Just general enthusiasm you expect from a manager. Why the f*ck have we not seen this sort of enthusiasm right from the start? I’m afraid it is too late and he still has to go, however. It is a results based business and the results have been lightyears away from what we would expect as a minimum at this point.

Don't get too excited, rovers in almost every game have dropped off allowing teams to get back into it and end being a shit show of trying to see a game out. It's due to us having a piss poor bench with little options to allow players to rest. That's the same starting 11 that has played in 6 days through 3 matches. McGlynn has to wait until 70 minutes to even contemplate a change.

Sent from my BAH2-W19 using Tapatalk