Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Thought Spencer was man of the match. Varian needs to do a he'll of a lot more. We had so much possession in the 1st half especially yet Varian couldn't hold the ball up. Dunfermline were poor and with a striker up top we would have romped it.

JM get a striker in.

Pretty low key Derby. Has there ever been as low a crowd? (COVID season excepted). Rovers dominated the first half but didn’t have anyone lethal up front. Pars had the better second half.

Hopefully McGlynn can get someone who can score in. We are pretty much totally reliant on Zanatta at the moment for scoring goals. Him apart we are looking for someone like Bene or Tumilty to score. Change it McGlynn otherwise it’s going to be a pretty frustrating season.

Good first half from us,credit to the townies played much better 2nd half but we looked tired and basically the same 11 that had started 3 games in 6 days just ran out of steam. We need another striker in ,varian worked hard but had a lot of chasing to do all night. Hopefully we bring someone in to lighten the load, Saturday will be a very tough game 

Has to be one of the worst Fife derby attendances in a long time,mind you,not helped by supporters like me who were stuck in the house watching it on the box cause I couldn,t get a ticket because it was a sell out.Swathes of empty seats

Good game to watch thoug.We toyed with them in the 1st half and should have been a couple up at half tme.They had the better of the 2nd  half but overall  feel it was three points thrown away

Good point for our neeburs though

9 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Seems like misdirected anger to me but most of the home support seemed to be raging at nothing tonight.

Just bored with every match thread full of folk saying that their team has no chance.  We got what we deserved tonight. Great start and could have finished the Pars off but we didn’t. Equaliser was coming from half time onwards and so it proved. Disappointing, but relieved it didn’t turn into a defeat. Onto Kilmarnock. 

Knew the Rovers would regret not putting us to bed by half time. Much better showing in the 2nd half from us. Was that caused by Rovers getting a bit nervy and allowing us to play with more freedom? Probably, but it is definitely the best we have played all season, which isn’t really saying much in all honesty. We looked like a football team trying to win a game instead of a disjointed gang with no plan at all. We did drop off, disappointingly, after the goal, and if not for some unbelievable goalkeeping from OFW, we’d have lost the match. If we had played like that from the 1st game, I’m sure we’d be in a much better position than we are. As it is, we have not been good enough in this first quarter and Peter Grant will still need to be binned. To save his job for a wee bit longer, he needs to win against QotS. Anything less and we’ll still be at the bottom, heading in to an international break, just before the very last game of the quarter. It is the perfect time to make a change. If we win then they will give him a bit longer. Anything less he will have to pay the price.

Grant looked like a different manager from what we have seen. He was actually out his dugout barking orders and desperate to get the ball to get the game going whenever it went out for a shy. Just general enthusiasm you expect from a manager. Why the f*ck have we not seen this sort of enthusiasm right from the start? I’m afraid it is too late and he still has to go, however. It is a results based business and the results have been lightyears away from what we would expect as a minimum at this point.

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

Just bored with every match thread full of folk saying that their team has no chance.  We got what we deserved tonight. Great start and could have finished the Pars off but we didn’t. Equaliser was coming from half time onwards and so it proved. Disappointing, but relieved it didn’t turn into a defeat. Onto Kilmarnock. 

I really don't think you grasp just how miserable we've been under Peter Grant.

Played 5 league games in Fife this season. 100% of our goals in Fife have been scored at Starks Park.

Before the game, I couldn’t understand us playing Todorov up against Berra and Benedictus. That was never going to work in our favour. Felt we needed the movement of O’Hara and/or Wighton. A lot of people I spoke to thought the same.

No surprises then that first 45 mins saw Raith batter us and fail to take their chances, after taking an early lead. Meanwhile, when we got the ball, we just played it long to Berra/Benedictus, so we’re absolutely useless.

Made the changes at half time and Raith’s defence were clearly stretched/struggling. Offside goal looked tight, but was a cracking finish. We deserved the goal. Then we really looked like a team who haven’t won a game yet and completely collapsed. Only to hold on for a draw, thanks to a fantastic save from OFW. Everyone on the park and in the stands thought that was in. Truly magnificent from him in that moment.

For us, Vytas looks solid at the back. Edwards did well defensively and put in a great ball for the goal. Comrie was surprisingly average and Connolly didn’t look fit. Kennedy didn’t do much for me, Dow had a fairly decent game, without being spectacular. Todorov was garbage, but Wighton and O’Hara changed the game and deserve credit for their contributions.

Thought Tumilty was very lucky to stay on the park, when he went through Edwards very late, having already been booked. Other than that though, thought the ref had a good game, including spotting Kennedy’s pathetic dive.

Grant made the changes at half time. Does he deserve credit for that? I’m not convinced. His poor starting tactics meant he had to make 2 subs to correct that and as a result, we effectively finished with 10 men - due to Dorrans hobbling around.

15 minutes ago, DeclanG said:

I really don't think you grasp just how miserable we've been under Peter Grant.

No matter how miserable you’ve been, you’ve always got a chance in a one off game. Everyone has in the Championship. You’re playing Raith Rovers not Barcelona. To be fair it’s not unique to Pars fans. Most threads on here are now full of folk telling us how shite they are and why their team will lose rather than discussing the game. Maybe it’s a self protection mechanism, but it’s just really tedious. 

Edited by roverthemoon

Pretty much the same thoughts as most. Dunfermline packed the midfield and pressed us for a good spell in the second half. The save from poplatniks header was outstanding as well, although I thought it was spinning in. I do take issue with the equaliser coming on the back of the guy having his hands on poplatnik. It was the same sort of thing he gave fouls against us, so how does he not give that one? Like most fans, the inconsistency from refs is what gets me. You either give them all or you don’t give any.

16 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Also meant to add, the ref WTF. Gave us nothing all game. Just prior to the equaliser we should have had a free kick in the middle of the park.

I thought Poplatník was fouled in the lead up to Dunfermline's goal, but we still had plenty of opportunity to recover the situation.

The ref was poor, but did us a huge favour by not sending Tumilty off. Stupid tackle to make when he was on a booking.