Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Long grown tired of the ‘we’re pish. You’ll win easily’ trope on here. Almost as bad as the ‘two pish teams’ stuff folk trot out when they get beat. The Pars haven’t conceded in their last two matches and held the league leaders on Saturday, the first time they’d dropped points all season. Hardly the form of a team that’s turning up to be rolled over by local rivals. Still hopeful that McGlynn can outsmart Grant, but won’t be straight forward - but to save every Pars fan the energy of quoting this post to diasgree. ‘Aye you’re pish and getting absolutely hammered’ 

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Your CEO is in the courier saying she wants to get to the Premiership. 

Your aspirations seem very similar to us. 

Surely any team in the Championship are aiming for Premier league status, however Raith fans don't expect it, some Dunfermline fans do and believe they should be in the Premier league as they are bigger than the likes of Ross County, Hamilton, St Johnstone  St Mirren.

Just now, Raith_Raver said:

Its only a goal. The difference is that Dunfermline and Falkirk think that's their true stature as clubs.

So it's your aspiration aye? The exact same as ours. 

8 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Surely any team in the Championship are aiming for Premier league status, however Raith fans don't expect it, some Dunfermline fans do and believe they should be in the Premier league as they are bigger than the likes of Ross County, Hamilton, St Johnstone  St Mirren.

Dunfermline fans expect us to challenge for promotion from the Championship because that's roughly where we sit with regards to budget and facilities. Much like when Raith were in league one they also expect to be challenging for promotion from that. 

It's not a particularly hot take, fans want there clubs to be run efficiently and to the best of their budget, Raith fans expect to be run in such a way where they are an established championship club, Dunfermline have a bit more pulling power and so the fans expect us to be at the top end of that division, seeing as it's a ten team league there's obviously allot of crossover between that. 

To try make out the aspirations are big time is just typical of the fucking massive chip on there shoulder some Raith fans seem to have with regards to Dunfermline, do better. I'm sure your aspirations seem big time compared to Alloa etc, however I'm sure Raith fans would then argue that with there facilities and budget they should be doing better than Alloa, would that have marked you out as big time when they were in the Championship and you weren't? 

16 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Trust me after the last few seasons the majority of us expect nothing - especially with Screaming Lord Grant at the wheel.

7 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Trust me after the last few seasons the majority of us expect nothing - especially with Screaming Lord Grant at the wheel.

Honestly these fans man. 

Spent all thread complaining about Dunfermline fans moaning about how poor we are, and being realistic about our chances. Then complain about the aspirations and expectations of our fans. 

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

With the resources we have, we absolutely should be challenging for a place in the top flight. Anything less is total failure. AJ got away with it in 2016-17 due to just getting promoted the season previous (we also had a few big team sin the league to compete with) and Craw got away with it in 2020 due to COVID. Craw did the right thing and walked from a situation he knew he was out his depth in. Grant will not do the same, and he is far worse.

50 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Honestly these fans man. 

Spent all thread complaining about Dunfermline fans moaning about how poor we are, and being realistic about our chances. Then complain about the aspirations and expectations of our fans. 

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

......also forgetting the nuclear meltdown when they sold then loaned back Tait.

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Sounds like we might be down to the bare bones for tomorrow. Todorov, Wighton and Kennedy all expected to miss out after picking up knocks in the Hamilton game. Apparently 4 notable players didn't train on Monday.

And without doubt the stand ins will be standouts.

Incidentally, I read that Rangers don't seem too happy with Kennedy's development at EEP compared to ICT and Rovers, and are thinking of recalling him in January.

21 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

And without doubt the stand ins will be standouts.

Incidentally, I read that Rangers don't seem too happy with Kennedy's development at EEP compared to ICT and Rovers, and are thinking of recalling him in January.

Would be a struggle for any to stand out. I think O'Hara would be our only recognised striker and then he might have to play Dom Thomas in place of Kennedy and possibly another in the middle with like Reece Cole. That leaves the bench threadbare, I don't even know if we could fill it. On Saturday our bench was a goalie, a right back, a centre back, two central midfielders, a winger and a striker. Can't think of anyone that wasn't included apart from youngsters and most are defensive minded. I don't recall reading that Lewis McCann was injured, he's a striker but might not be available.

Defensively we looked pretty sound on Saturday but going forward was the issue, now with 3 of our most offensive players out it may well be another 0-0.

RE Kai Kennedy - I wouldn't be surprised tbh. He's only played a handful of games although he was injured initially, then caught COVID then had another spell if isolation after that. However I would agree that he still wasn't getting enough game time when available. If I'm being honest I expected a bit more from him. He's very good at running and drawing fouls etc but there's been little end product. He either holds on to it one moment too long or tries to beat another man. Not many balls put in for Todorov and Co to attack either.

Edited by The Toun Clock

25 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Would be a struggle for any to stand out. I think O'Hara would be our only recognised striker and then he might have to play Dom Thomas in place of Kennedy and possibly another in the middle with like Reece Cole. That leaves the bench threadbare, I don't even know if we could fill it. On Saturday our bench was a goalie, a right back, a centre back, two central midfielders, a winger and a striker. Can't think of anyone that wasn't included apart from youngsters and most are defensive minded. I don't recall reading that Lewis McCann was injured, he's a striker but might not be available.

Defensively we looked pretty sound on Saturday but going forward was the issue, now with 3 of our most offensive players out it may well be another 0-0.

RE Kai Kennedy - I wouldn't be surprised tbh. He's only played a handful of games although he was injured initially, then caught COVID then had another spell if isolation after that. However I would agree that he still wasn't getting enough game time when available. If I'm being honest I expected a bit more from him. He's very good at running and drawing fouls etc but there's been little end product. He either holds on to it one moment too long or tries to beat another man. Not many balls put in for Todorov and Co to attack either.

My drift was that it would be just our luck for stand ins to play blinders.

Re Kennedy: he was really good when he came down to us but gradually became less effective. We would still have him, but fortunately Zanatta is much more effective.

Grant will be the best thing since sliced bread when you inevitably win tomorrow night, all these games were not the best schedule for us 

Even if manage a win, the man is still a balloon and should be punted…and yous should be extremely embarrassed if it does happen as we are honestly fucking woeful.

Hoping for a cracking passionate derby here folks, chucking in a couple of straight reds for the Pars (no hard feelings, eh?) would be most appreciated, cheers! ...... straws, clutching at pathetically ... etc etc