Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Looks like there was nothing Raith could have done and it's just plain bad luck. 

Very decent of them to issue refunds if you can't make the rearranged fixture, not often customers in Scottish football are treaded as such :lol:

On 22/08/2021 at 18:52, roverthemoon said:

No one knows exactly what happened, not even our Chairman as of yesterday. The Chairman who is also confusingly our landlord. My main point stands, these things happen so nothing to be gained from anyone overreacting. It was a pain we didn’t get the game played but learn the lessons from it and move on. 

Yep,no-one knows what went on except the club confirm today that EXACTLY as I said it was NOT a power cut. Hey what do I know eh?

15 minutes ago, pub car king said:

The cause of it is fair enough these things happen. That said there will still be a lot of scrutiny around the decision making on the evening. 

Why? The final decision is taken by the Match Commander. Lump it or like it the Commander's decision has to be abided by. The cause has been identified. As you correctly say these things happen. It's just very unfortunate, especially with cooncil tele in town, but if there's a lack of power impinging on crowd safety then the decision is made easy for the Commander. 

1 hour ago, graeme_p said:

Yep,no-one knows what went on except the club confirm today that EXACTLY as I said it was NOT a power cut. Hey what do I know eh?

You also said it definitely wasn’t a power failure. Err, it was. 

An independent electrical investigation has confirmed that the power failure which led to the abandonment of the game was caused by an external power surge from the mains which tripped our system at Stark’s Park and in the surrounding areas.

31 minutes ago, embow said:

Why? The final decision is taken by the Match Commander. Lump it or like it the Commander's decision has to be abided by. The cause has been identified. As you correctly say these things happen. It's just very unfortunate, especially with cooncil tele in town, but if there's a lack of power impinging on crowd safety then the decision is made easy for the Commander. 

You'd think the Match Commander is the one who'd be under a bit of scrutiny.  If no CCTV and lights in the stand was such a big safety risk for the crowd then why did they let the game start in the first place?  Surely if it's such a big risk you don't just go "f**k it, start the game and fingers crossed they'll all come back on shortly". 

Also, you'd think the Match Commander is in contact with the police outside the crowd?  Cause they seemed to be caught completely unaware when everybody started leaving.

Perhaps it’s just me but there seems to be a lot of self-loathing going on in these forums at the moment. There’s always been moaners at clubs, but it now seems the joy has gone completely for some and that people are verging on hating their own club and wanting them to fail, be it on the pitch or off it. Maybe I just hadn’t noticed these characters before it maybe they are new here but it’s not just Rovers. This thread was full of Dunfermline fans telling us their club is pish. The Ayr thread is already heading the same way. Is this some sort of reaction to COVID or after a year in the house have folk just forgotten what supporting a team actually means?  Could understand it if we all supported hugely successful clubs who’d achieved great things and were seriously underperforming, but we all support mid ranking, frequently mediocre provincial teams. If you can’t find the joy in that and keep the mishaps, defeats and occasional moments of farce in perspective then what actually is the point?

Rovers and the police clearly have some questions to answer around the systems, pish communication and keeping fans locked out in the dark about what was going on, but seriously don’t understand why any Rovers fan would be desperate to prove the club was at fault. It’s weird

Edited by roverthemoon