Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Advertising standards authority will be all over this like hot chips.

Spoiler

I'm not stopping until we get to a level a few seasons back when folk were reporting Raith Rovers for undeclared income to HMRC, made the pars review content look sensible.

26 minutes ago, 101 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not stopping until we get to a level a few seasons back when folk were reporting Raith Rovers for undeclared income to HMRC, made the pars review content look sensible.

So should the spelling police be...

15 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Some laugh like. 

You reckon part of the dramas there having re scheduling the game is that BBC Scotland will still want it on TV? 

If the rule about broadcasting against Champions League matches is still in place it might be a struggle to find a slot if they want to show it. 

If the rule about broadcasting against Champions League matches is still in place it might be a struggle to find a slot if they want to show it. 

On a side note, that has got to be one of the stupidest rules there is around. They don’t seem to understand that not everyone thinks that the champions league is the be all and end all. Some supporters cannot attend midweek games at this level, so to have them miss the game completely because man united are playing fenerbache is just stupid. I suppose that’s where the clubs own tv channels are a big help now.

42 minutes ago, 101 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Weekend alternative breakfast found ^^^

13 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

On a side note, that has got to be one of the stupidest rules there is around. They don’t seem to understand that not everyone thinks that the champions league is the be all and end all. Some supporters cannot attend midweek games at this level, so to have them miss the game completely because man united are playing fenerbache is just stupid. I suppose that’s where the clubs own tv channels are a big help now.

Hilariously I think it's a complete ban, so even Raith TV couldn't broadcast a game that clashes with a Champions league or Europa League tie in the UK.

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

There’s a lot of nonsense on this thread but I think my favourite is the guy who insists, over several posts, that it’s weird to eat cereal for breakfast every day.

That is a bit odd tbf.

So many breakfast options; eating cereal every day suggests a really boring c**t.

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

At least you’re standing firm.
I thought the opposite- if your mum is there to bring your bacon roll to your room then great but grown-ups have other things to do at the weekend.

So it's childish to have a bacon roll at the weekend? What the f**k in going on here?

Excuse the essay, but just a few thought from last night:

Embarrassing and frustrating but lighting / power failures happen sometimes. Hopefully there’s some kind of proper survey carried out to figure out what went wrong and why. However, there were things that we do already know were within the control of the club / police / stewards etc that weren’t good enough last night and will need looked at as a matter of urgency. 

Why was the game allowed to kick off if power hadn’t been restored in the stands. Fans stuck outside the ground, no ticket systems, fire alarms, cctv, tannoy, lights? Issues serious enough to stop the game but not serious enough to stop it kicking off? Was there a communication breakdown here between the club / match day commander and the referee or was it a bad decision on someone’s part?

Club / stewards need to enforce emergency vehicles only outside main stand. Not the first time the range rovers have created a bottle neck there but certainly the worst. Especially with one parked across the way. Can’t imagine it’s recommended, in the training manual, for these guys to park their protection vehicles side on amid several hundred pissed off football fans. Why do the club / stewards not just explain they have to park elsewhere? The security of one person cannot be allowed to be prioritised over the safety of several hundred (thousand?) people. 

I’ve read on here, and social media, how bad things were outside the ground before and after the game. I was in early and managed to leave pretty sharp so didn’t witness any of this, thankfully. Sorry for fans, on both sides, who did.
Isn’t this the sort of thing a match day commander is there to organise? Why wasn’t more done to make sure  a few thousand hacked off fans could get out of the ground / area in an orderly fashion. Police Scotland train to cover old firm and international games, why did they seem unprepared for this?

I think we’ve also discovered that our emergency lighting, in the concourse areas, isn’t good enough. If power had gone off much later into the evening it would have been even darker in there and much more treacherous - especially if all fans had made it inside or if there had been a non-restricted crowd.

As I said at the start, these things shouldn’t happen but sometimes they can and do… but there were a lot of things last night that just can’t be shrugged off as “just one of those things” especially as they relate to fan safety. Feels disappointing after we’ve come so far, in terms of fan engagement, in recent years. 

11 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
11 hours ago, Grant228 said:
The match commander gave no permission to start the game. 

You know, due to there being no electricity in the stands. That seems to have been all of Raiths doing. 

Having a powrcut is unfortunate, if you have no juice then it is what it is, Raiths reaction to it was by all accounts absolutely horrendous. 

Not sure what age you are but I can guarantee that in future you're gonna have to deal with things which are far more serious, possibly even life changing, than a 2nd level Scottish football match being postponed. Toughen up buddy.

And learn how to spell words.

On a serious note I was actually glad it was due to power issues after initially fearing there had been a medical emergency or a serious incident outside the ground.

Would also like to know how it was safe for the game to kick off but not safe for it to finish.

Agree with Nairney’s post there. 

I arrived just after half seven and there was already a queue that went round to the front of the stadium, but 10 minutes later it had snaked all the way up the hill at Pratt Street. I seen a figure of 500 being mentioned, but looked a lot more than that to me. 

Regardless, there’d been people standing there a lot longer than the 40 minutes I did, and none of us were any of the wiser as to what was happening. 

We initially thought the game would be delayed, then we knew from the roar that hadn’t happened, then the lights crackled back to life so you naturally presumed we’d start to get in. 

However, 20 minutes later, no-one had moved, with no explanation as to why, which left us with the surreal situation of folk having paid for a ticket, leaving to watch on the TV as they’d no idea if they’d be allowed in or not. 

Several hundred people, all with tickets, just standing outside getting angrier and angrier, and understandably so. 

It really wasn’t good enough. 

Edited by McGuigan1978