Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

I was at a Fife Cup Final at Stark's Park a few years ago when this happened with little of the tie left... They actually announced it was abandoned, almost everybody left (not me), then the lights came on and they finished the game!

Fans exit under the stand at Raith, so you couldn't play into full darkness with no internal lights. However it won't start falling dark until 9pm so couldn't they have gone on while trying repairs?

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I remember a shit show like this happened a few seasons back at Killie. Think it was against Motherwell or maybe hibs 

It happened when we played at Killie a few years ago, think the floodlights went out twice, think the first time was at HT. Got the game finished on the day in the end though. 

We also had a game at Motherwell abandoned for the floodlights going out about 10 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I remember a shit show like this happened a few seasons back at Killie. Think it was against Motherwell or maybe hibs 

All the lights going out and the game getting canned as a result has happened a couple of times at Pittodrie in my memory.  Indeed the last time led to a midweek replay against Motherwell, which provided the famous Mark McGhee cranial explosion now part of Scottish fitba folklore.  

3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Fans exit under the stand at Raith, so you couldn't play into full darkness with no internal lights. However it won't start falling dark until 9pm so couldn't they have gone on while trying repairs?

As other posters have commented, I guess it's the lights in the toilets and other internal areas in the stands that would be the problem.  Functioning, usable toilet and exit facilities would need to be provided from when the gates open, not just at half time or at the end of the match.  

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Before it gets lost in the debate on wifi and light, can anyone explain why the boy Jones had 'LOK ON' on the back of his shirt?

You're assuming the 2 aren't connected... maybe Raith's dodgy WiFi scrambled their wireless printer's output.

3 minutes ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

It happened when we played at Killie a few years ago, think the floodlights went out twice, think the first time was at HT. Got the game finished on the day in the end though. 

We also had a game at Motherwell abandoned for the floodlights going out about 10 years ago.

Aye that's right now you mention it. Think a few months after that kilmarnock played Motherwell and it was abandoned due to fog