Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Are Pars supporters so down on Grant that a change of formation and a win tomorrow won't do much to change opinions?
It would give us a better platform to build on certainly but then I'd still be treating arbroath at home the following week with trepidation.

I dont see either a change of formation or a positive result happening tomorrow tbh.

6 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

It would give us a better platform to build on certainly but then I'd still be treating arbroath at home the following week with trepidation.

I dont see either a change of formation or a positive result happening tomorrow tbh.

The concept of Pars fans treating Arbroath, who just accepted Anton Dowds from Falkirk on loan to try to up their striking power, with trepidation should be a massive red flag for the club. But, on the plus side, any Pars fans needing to find Stark’s Park will find solace in the fact that Peter Grant’s bellowing should be clearly audible from the station starting a bit before kickoff.

You just know we're gonna fail to score and another "wonder strike" probably from Davo's sparring partner will win it for the pars and lo n behold they'll be certainties once again to be champions......... and all this we are pish , Grants an erse will be forgotten

On the other hand I look forward to Friday nights tears n snotters from them 😄😄

5 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Raith not doing much to encourage home fans.. still nothing on the official site except if you scroll through the twitter bit at the bottom, which is blocked on most work pc's 

The club PR is a joke. We have everything in place to make it good. Decent media facilities, good highlights, decent results last season, good league campaign, new people hired and the advertising and marketing g is a complete dogs dinner.

35 minutes ago, graeme_p said:

The club PR is a joke. We have everything in place to make it good. Decent media facilities, good highlights, decent results last season, good league campaign, new people hired and the advertising and marketing g is a complete dogs dinner.

Why are you a 'rover supporter' reading your posts all you do is moan, so booooring!  Either get behind the team or support Fife Flyers🤥

Are Pars supporters so down on Grant that a change of formation and a win tomorrow won't do much to change opinions?

It won’t happen. He is hell-bent on this 3-4-3 nonsense. If you lose it’ll be your own doing. I already can’t wait for him to be binned. His comments in the Courier the other day were a total embarrassment. Gary Caldwell/Gary Locke levels of weird.

If we do win, and that’s a big if, the fans’ opinion isn’t going to change. He is already well up against the wall and I really can’t see him lasting beyond Christmas, bar a miracle change in fortunes.

55 minutes ago, graeme_p said:

It really isn't. 

In the past we've had directors release statements claiming we were saying that fans were told by someone at the club (our manager in a red top paper) we'd got a bad deal when we exchanged a solid youth prospect (and future Scotland cap) for Ryan Hardie on loan along with two other mediocre loanees. In the same statement, they claimed that fans hadn't responded to show up to back the team (after appointing a manager with a track record of relegations) and that we weren't getting behind the team in the same manner that Hearts were. The same Hearts game we were advertising a Q&A session with two Hearts legends - a manager who hadn't won a game in three months and a striker who hadn't scored. 

I've been immensely critical of the marketing of the club in the past. We've not been up to our high standards recently. Ideally, we'd have plenty of content up on the website about the Pars game. We'd have had tickets on sale from last week for both sets of fans but I'd be willing to wager that, having moved to an electronic system, there's a few teething problems much in the same way that some clubs struggled to get to grips with having to live stream games. 

I'd love for the website to be updated with a full match preview the week before for the Pars game but the reality is most fans, regardless of age, interact with the club on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The chances are if you're going to the official website, then you know that there's going to be a derby game on the horizon. Raith TV still have their prematch interview which covers off our team news and John McGlynn's thoughts on the game. Aside from that, you've got Alan Temple in the Courier churning out three or four articles each week either with interviews or his own opinions about each of the Fife teams. There's more information than ever out there about the club in terms of marketing. 

The clubs marketing and attitude has been transformed over the last few years, so I think the criticism is a bit unfair. The website and social media is regularly updated and with Raith TV, the Digest and press interviews then there’s plenty of match build-up. Any recent issues are probably more to do with fans being back and the pressure that brings around ticketing, logistics, COVID stuff etc. The reality is that we have a small number of office staff and volunteers who do this stuff. There isn’t some huge marketing/PR department sitting twiddling their thumbs.

Just my tuppence worth of thoughts but if people are so concerned about media/PR etc then act accordingly by getting in touch with the club, its media officer, its CEO, directors, etc. There are a variety of options to pass on your concerns. Grumpy comments on social media might attract a bit of attention but I say that's very unlikely, however, going directly to the source of your concern means you know for certain that there's been contact, and those that you feel need to know, now know. As I said just my thoughts on all the carping that's been flying around. Things can always be improved and if you've got an idea or ideas to make things better then at least let the club be aware of your idea/ideas.

Like everywhere else in business etc., action may, or may not, be taken but you've at least made the club aware of your concerns.

3 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Will take a lot more than that. We finished 4th last season and were in contention for 2nd place most of the season and nearly everyone wanted Crawford punted.

Grant is far less popular already.

51 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

The clubs marketing and attitude has been transformed over the last few years, so I think the criticism is a bit unfair. The website and social media is regularly updated and with Raith TV, the Digest and press interviews then there’s plenty of match build-up. Any recent issues are probably more to do with fans being back and the pressure that brings around ticketing, logistics, COVID stuff etc. The reality is that we have a small number of office staff and volunteers who do this stuff. There isn’t some huge marketing/PR department sitting twiddling their thumbs.

I recall the Scottish Cup game when there was a big marketing campaign to sell out the South Stand, with regular sales updates etc which adds to the big match feel. I know times have changed, and the Aberdeen game has distracted from this match but there has been nowhere near that build up this time - although I see they've put a new tweet up now at least.