Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Not sure if this is any relevance to this discussion but i remembered this being spoken about years ago. Done a bit of digging and came across a post by Eric Drysdale back in 2015. 

Eric D

• Gold Members
  • My Team : Scotland

Right guys, let me try to explain. But first of all, can I explain that I have significant interest in this subject matter as my wife is registered disabled and a very good friend of mine has severe disabilities. Second of all, I'd like to say sorry for any confusion. As has been suggested, the original message had to be rushed out by me on Sunday past in order to give enough notice of Wednesday's sale day. In hindsight I should have taken more time with the wording.

Anyway...

The situation is that, very annoyingly, the girls in the ticket office and stewards / turnstile operators are regularly faced with what can best be described as 'chancers'. Fraudsters would be another way of putting it. Things like out of date passes, using other people's passes and - shall we say - not being entirely truthful about age. We have tried cracking down on it, but other ways are still found to diddle the club out of money it so badly needs. We even know of a carer who sit up the back of the stand while the disabled person sits down the front. Apart from anything else, this is placing the disabled person at risk in the event of health issues or in an emergency. We also know of a disabled person who requires a free carer pass at Stark's Park but somehow manages to travel to places like Ibrox and sit alone there. Nuff said!

It's difficult to put a figure on it, but I'd estimate that fraud in various forms has cost us a five figure sum this season. My job as CEO is to try to address that, and this policy change we are talking about here is just the first of several measures that will be rolled out next season. Before anyone asks, this will most definitely include closer monitoring of all concessionary admission. So those who have admitted in this discussion to 'trying it on' can expect to be challenged next season. Issue of complimentary tickets will also be significantly reduced.

That said, there is another issue at play as well that is not linked to fraud in any way. It's simply that we were arguably too generous in the past with concessionary pricing. At very many places of entertainment eg some gigs, cinemas, other sporting events etc (Graeme also mentioned the Flyers), and other discretionary spending like eating out or buying clothes there are no / minimal concessions. I know that from personal experience. At a few others, both disabled person and carer get in free. That's very generous, but RRFC is unfortunately not able to stretch that far in its financial circumstances. We have therefore chosen the middle ground, and followed the steer given by disability organisations at our last 2 (very positive) disability audits...ie we will charge the disabled person the normal price for their age and offer a free carer pass, if required. I appreciate that the price adjustment just introduced appears severe. Arguably it is, but we are simply trying to align with the market norm.

Issue of the free carer pass will be strictly regulated, and card use will be closely monitored via CCTV, it goes without saying that genuine carers such as Graeme P have nothing whatsoever to fear about this tougher regime as Raith Rovers FC will continue to do all it can to accommodate people with disabilities, limited only by the design of a century old stand!

Just to try to clear up one other point... The website article reference to walk up concessions was intended to refer to Senior Citizens and Juniors. Disabled match day admission has always been different and that will change for 15/16 in line with the season ticket changes.

In summary,

1. Our season ticket prices are aligned to age criteria only. There are no concessions for other categories such as job seekers or students. It's an attempt to keep the offering straightforward. The only exception to this principle is the free carer concession for disabled persons.

2. We are by various means tightening up on control of access to the stadium including by away fans, and other aspects of match day processes, to try to maximise match day revenues.

I hope this helps clarify, and that readers will accept that the overall package of measures is ultimately in the best interests of RRFC and it's supporters. Once again, sorry that the original website message wasn't up to scratch.

Edited April 24, 2015 by Eric D

Good find Toddy

However Drysdales  rant was never implemented and it was all change a couple of months later  in July 2015

With five attractive pre season challenge matches scheduled over the next three weeks, we are pleased to confirm that admission prices for each match, starting with Saturday’s game (kick off 3.00pm) against manager Ray McKinnon’s former side Brechin City, will be as follows:-

Adults £10

Concessions (Under 16 / Over 65 / Disabled) £5

Please note that these matches are all INCLUDED in season ticket prices, making these more attractive than ever!!

Looking ahead to the start of the eagerly awaited Ladbrokes Championship on 8th August, we can also now announce full details of ‘walk up’ admission prices for the league campaign.

Firstly, the board has listened to feedback from supporters following the provisional announcement on ticket pricing back in April and we have decided to reintroduce further concessions for disabled persons (and carer where required).

In addition we are reducing admission prices for students, as we continue to grow our relationship with Fife College.

Finally, we are increasing admission prices for the visits of Hibernian FC and Rangers FC reflecting increased stewarding and police costs for these fixtures, although there will be an opportunity to pre purchase tickets for these matches at normal rates (more information on detailed arrangements nearer the time).

League match admission prices (excl Hibernian and Rangers) will therefore be as follows:

Adults £18

Parent & Child – £21

Student Concession £12

Age Concessions (aged under 16 or 65 or over) £9

* Disabled £9 (carer, if required, free)

Jobseekers £12

All concessionary admission, including age related concessions, will be subject to acceptable proof of current status. New stricter arrangements for concessionary match day ticket purchase will be announced within the next few weeks.

* This change of policy in relation to disabled persons means that any disabled person who has already purchased a season ticket at adult prices of £220 / £250 is entitled to a partial refund in respect of overpayment. Those affected are asked to contact the club during weekday office hours, so that refund arrangements can be made.

Of course, season tickets remain on sale at Stark’s Park and represent fan-tastic value for money. Priced at £250 for adults, £30 for juniors and £125 for seniors / disabled, we are sure that these will continue to sell fast as the season approaches.

One final footnote, unfortunately we have not been able to conclude provisionally announced ‘reciprocal’ discount arrangements with our fellow Championship clubs.

Edited by Rovers_Lad

2 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Good find Toddy

However Drysdales  rant was never implemented and it was all change a couple of months later  in July 2015

With five attractive pre season challenge matches scheduled over the next three weeks, we are pleased to confirm that admission prices for each match, starting with Saturday’s game (kick off 3.00pm) against manager Ray McKinnon’s former side Brechin City, will be as follows:-

Adults £10

Concessions (Under 16 / Over 65 / Disabled) £5

Please note that these matches are all INCLUDED in season ticket prices, making these more attractive than ever!!

Looking ahead to the start of the eagerly awaited Ladbrokes Championship on 8th August, we can also now announce full details of ‘walk up’ admission prices for the league campaign.

Firstly, the board has listened to feedback from supporters following the provisional announcement on ticket pricing back in April and we have decided to reintroduce further concessions for disabled persons (and carer where required).

In addition we are reducing admission prices for students, as we continue to grow our relationship with Fife College.

Finally, we are increasing admission prices for the visits of Hibernian FC and Rangers FC reflecting increased stewarding and police costs for these fixtures, although there will be an opportunity to pre purchase tickets for these matches at normal rates (more information on detailed arrangements nearer the time).

League match admission prices (excl Hibernian and Rangers) will therefore be as follows:

Adults £18

Parent & Child – £21

Student Concession £12

Age Concessions (aged under 16 or 65 or over) £9

* Disabled £9 (carer, if required, free)

Jobseekers £12

All concessionary admission, including age related concessions, will be subject to acceptable proof of current status. New stricter arrangements for concessionary match day ticket purchase will be announced within the next few weeks.

* This change of policy in relation to disabled persons means that any disabled person who has already purchased a season ticket at adult prices of £220 / £250 is entitled to a partial refund in respect of overpayment. Those affected are asked to contact the club during weekday office hours, so that refund arrangements can be made.

Of course, season tickets remain on sale at Stark’s Park and represent fan-tastic value for money. Priced at £250 for adults, £30 for juniors and £125 for seniors / disabled, we are sure that these will continue to sell fast as the season approaches.

One final footnote, unfortunately we have not been able to conclude provisionally announced ‘reciprocal’ discount arrangements with our fellow Championship clubs.

Thanks Rovers_Lad. I couldn't remember what the actual outcome of the situation was at the time. I just remember Eric coming on here to discuss this.

11 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Had forgotten about this. Wee notes being handed around about how to cope with Rover’s passing game at 1-1. Yeah, that worked 

779635DD-E5BF-460A-8472-4C57808401C3.jpeg

I recall a Tweet which had been photoshopped which said 'stop being shite'

12 hours ago, graeme_p said:

The Pars have it pretty sorted. Their match day support is excellent and they make a big effort.

Even as a Raith fan I can admire what they do.

I thought you were a Dunfermline fan sorry for sending you all the Dunfermline info! 🤦