Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

We have some decent attacking players,  but they aren’t being played in a system to maximise that and in defence we’re playing guys out of position(comrie should be right back, Graham should be in the stands with the rest of us that can’t play football) to fit that bizarre system 

51 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We have some decent attacking players,  but they aren’t being played in a system to maximise that and in defence we’re playing guys out of position(comrie should be right back, Graham should be in the stands with the rest of us that can’t play football) to fit that bizarre system 

Agreed. I think the result will much depend on how our defence handles them; if the defence plays how it did today and at Inverness we should be fine (only two cracking strikes that would beat any defence). But on the other hand your defence by all accounts is struggling , just as we are starting to take our scoring chances.

We will get absolutely slaughtered here. We are absolutely all over the place. It’s like watching a bairn play Football Manager and playing 3 strikers up front because playing as many strikers as possible = loads of goals. 5 at the back with a right-back at centre-half when we have 3 centre-halves sitting on the bench. Pybus (League 1 standard at best) and Dorrans who looks about 3 years past it in the middle as well. We play that team and I am telling you Raith will have an absolute field day and will stick at least 4 past us without reply. Could possibly be worse than the 5-1 debacle last season. Same shit every season with this club.

I fell in love with the Pars in the 90s, and this feels absolutely lightyears away from the club I fell in love with. You are going to EEP more in hope than expectation of putting on a performance. Bar 2 seasons in the last 10 years, it has been fucking dire supporting us. Club has no identity whatsoever and it is fairly obvious what the issue is this season. The hope is that the new owners don’t do a Ross McArthur and shitebag it until it is way too late to salvage the season. They need to admit that mistakes were made and get rid before it gets a hell of a lot worse.

27 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

We will get absolutely slaughtered here. We are absolutely all over the place. It’s like watching a bairn play Football Manager and playing 3 strikers up front because playing as many strikers as possible = loads of goals. 5 at the back with a right-back at centre-half when we have 3 centre-halves sitting on the bench. Pybus (League 1 standard at best) and Dorrans who looks about 3 years past it in the middle as well. We play that team and I am telling you Raith will have an absolute field day and will stick at least 4 past us without reply. Could possibly be worse than the 5-1 debacle last season. Same shit every season with this club.

I fell in love with the Pars in the 90s, and this feels absolutely lightyears away from the club I fell in love with. You are going to EEP more in hope than expectation of putting on a performance. Bar 2 seasons in the last 10 years, it has been fucking dire supporting us. Club has no identity whatsoever and it is fairly obvious what the issue is this season. The hope is that the new owners don’t do a Ross McArthur and shitebag it until it is way too late to salvage the season. They need to admit that mistakes were made and get rid before it gets a hell of a lot worse.

Think it’ll be tighter than you think. We have got a weakened squad and no Vaughan. Our defence is not too shabby though. I’m going 0-0 or 1-0 Rovers

8 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

We also have plenty of players that can hurt them.

We have goals right through this team.

Our top scorer is injured and I don't think any of the rest of the team are a reliable bet for a goal.  Personally I'd rather we had Dunfermline's front 3 than Connolly, Zanatta and Varian but they do seem to be a bit of a mess defensively. If they stick to their recent formation hopefully we can get at them down the flanks through Tumilty and Dick.

Hopefully the extra 2 days rest and preparation time doesn't work in their favour. 

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

What do you mean by this? 

Was just thinking that.  You club 'has no identity' because your shite manager, who will be emptied before the end of the season, refuses to not play 4-3-3?  My word. 

CF7130FD-1560-4E07-94EB-32BD69C8B1A7.png.29121520d38846c9b2bb3f4430f9984b.png

"In 2021, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Kirkcaldy underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The Wee-Team."

Just now, TheScarf said:

Was just thinking that.  You club 'has no identity' because your shite manager, who will be emptied before the end of the season, refuses to not play 4-3-3?  My word. 

Exactly the identity of the club doesn't change with form or even the manager.

We are lucky at Dunfermline to have 100+ of people working within the pars family in the community, that's the identity of the club and will always be the case so long as people are willing to give up their time & commitment.

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Monday afternoon and still no word on how people can get tickets? Is it really that complicated to organise?

I expect the club have had a read of the Pars thread on here and are wondering whether they can get away with just putting the Pars fans in the Railway Stand, what with all the folks saying they aren't going to head through now.

Or maybe we've forgotten the game is on Friday, not Saturday.