The Nikolay Todorov Derby - The Caley v Ayr United

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
2 hours ago, TheScarf said:
Was thinking all day yesterday that this game is tomorrow.  Hopefully Welsh will be back for this, given he's got a week longer than I thought to get fit for it.

If it's anything like his time with us you will see him about February.

You're thinking of Walsh brother.

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Was thinking all day yesterday that this game is tomorrow.  Hopefully Welsh will be back for this, given he's got a week longer than I thought to get fit for it.

Does Welsh get back in? Difficult to leave Roddy out again after the impact he had last week and Allardice has been good in both games. Longer term, i think Welsh and Allardice will be first picks and can't see how Roddy fits into Dodds' system. 

Ayr to spend 90 mins shelling the ball miles over lone striker Adeloye's head and out for goal kicks.  Some fans to question Adeloye's hold up play as a result.   Hoppy sends on a second striker and the long balls start finding the wide men who then get some crosses in which leads to a late consolation goal.   FT 2 or 3-1 ICT.  And repeat repeat repeat for every single game until relegation.    

Edited by Hursty

On 09/08/2021 at 08:52, Superhursy7 said:

Long balls, long balls and more long balls to that's what to expect from Ayr.

Don’t forget Hoppy does like a bit of rotational fouling and you have Cameron Salkeld the headless chicken yellow card machine.

Don’t forget Hoppy does like a bit of rotational fouling and you have Cameron Salkeld the headless chicken yellow card machine.
You got to love Salkelds enthusiasm and effort but the skill level is just not there especially when we are playing him as a second striker.

10 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
16 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

You got to love Salkelds enthusiasm and effort but the skill level is just not there especially when we are playing him as a second striker.

I don’t think I’ve seen him standing still. I’m sure he even sprints off at half time 🤣

100% effort though, can’t deny that 👍🏻

Yesterday’s game has given me a bit more belief that we’ll win this so naturally we’ll be well beaten now.

Unless we sign someone there might be a case to not change much in the team. I would like to see us be a bit more attacking and maybe play O’Connor in place of Hewitt but with us being away from home, Hopkin might keep it as it is.

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yesterday’s game has given me a bit more belief that we’ll win this so naturally we’ll be well beaten now.

Unless we sign someone there might be a case to not change much in the team. I would like to see us be a bit more attacking and maybe play O’Connor in place of Hewitt but with us being away from home, Hopkin might keep it as it is.

I could see O'Connor playing where McKenzie did but I just can't see him playing centre mid. 

9 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I see the game is on the ticket section of the ICT website but no away tickets available yet, only the home end by the looks of it.

They are seemingly looking at an allocation being provided to us start of the week , the last notification we received though was the potential of no away fans ( don’t know why that’s the case as they had Raith fans ) 

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

They’re allowed 5,000 with no need for distancing. There’s no justification for any question marks over an away allocation.

Makes it all the more baffling as to why they have not yet made any tickets available for away fans ,

In a bit of a dilemma with the team selection for this one - mainly around Houston, Hewitt and McKenzie. All played well, however this also happened against Hamilton and then the lack of quality in possession etc showed against Kilmarnock.

McAllister could come in and replace Houston, but at the same time with how he has been described by Dumbarton fans, he could possibly play the role Hewitt did yesterday - Maxwell and McAllister making central driving runs either side of Murdoch would be interesting. 

McKenzie is now ahead of Afolabi for me, however would O’Connor provide a bit more quality to link with the midfield instead. 

A new central midfielder and Muirhead dropping back would be the only obvious change for me. If this midfielder is in the Ross Docherty mould, able to do the dirty side like Muirhead but also able to dictate things on the ball. 

21 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Makes it all the more baffling as to why they have not yet made any tickets available for away fans ,

I didn’t realise we weren’t selling tickets to away fans yet!

We should be able to fit all the home fans in the Main and North Stands so really not seeing what the issue is.

If Baird isn’t banned for the trip north then I’d be going with the same side . If he is McGinty will come in at LCH . 

How the result will go is anyone’s guess . What is clear is Inverness will be in a tough game for the whole 90 mins . Ayr are fit enough to go the distance at full pace . We are looking more and more like a team that is hard to beat . Having said that we are not the finished article yet and we only have about six starting slots nailed down . ICT are two from two and if we can squeeze a 0-1 win it will be a tremendous result .

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

I didn’t realise we weren’t selling tickets to away fans yet!

We should be able to fit all the home fans in the Main and North Stands so really not seeing what the issue is.

I think it's just Scot Gardiner being a bam.