Vale of Leithen 2021/22

MDM

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I knew I might be wrong above. Scroll down the link to Division one Central and the league record of Woodford United.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Southern_Football_League

Eta, Vale might still beat that record in fewer games.

The team could take the pitch to the Benny Hill theme. And they could just keep it playing for the whole match.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

A decent vlog from last night's game

Brilliant predictor.

Early in the Vlog at 3.50

"Vale of Leithen damage limitation perhaps, try not to concede 13"

Re the highlights feck knows what the skipper was doing at the 1st goal.  They just can't defend their 6 yard box. Absolute shitshow.

Edited by superbigal

The Vale situation can be summed up as:

The committee picked a rubbish manager

The committee stuck by the manager for too long - even though everyone could see he was killing the team and it was all about him (he played himself and was garbage)

The manager was eventually booted.....but the damage was done

To the amazement of the locals, the Vale committee appointed another manager without even advertising the position

Now, after one of the most embarrassing nights in the clubs history, @Ruthrieston advises that the club will be advertising for a new coach

I'm sure there will be people asking why wasn't it advertised before?

If the appointment of a new manager is handled right the club has a chance.  But going by the shambles the club has experienced over the past few years, I'm not convinced the committee have that capability.

1 hour ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

If the appointment of a new manager is handled right the club has a chance.  But going by the shambles the club has experienced over the past few years, I'm not convinced the committee have that capability.

This is the thing. With how badly Vale of Leithen have been the last couple of seasons, it's given some cover to how poor the likes of Gretna 2008 & Edinburgh University have been. Dalbeattie Star have at least managed to escape from that bunch of clubs that have been battling relegation the past few years.

With 20 games to go, a new manager that has some contacts could just scrape themselves off the bottom.

3 hours ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

The committee stuck by the manager for too long - even though everyone could see he was killing the team and it was all about him (he played himself and was garbage)

To the amazement of the locals, the Vale committee appointed another manager without even advertising the position

Now, after one of the most embarrassing nights in the clubs history, @Ruthrieston advises that the club will be advertising for a new coach

Hopefully the new manager can bring some success for the vale. A good club. Anderson's tentute went on far too long failure after failure and then had the cheek to take  the club for  3k plus assisted by his brother. Shud be ashamed of themselves. 

4 hours ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

Why dont you approach and join the committee and try sort things out then?

If I recall the current committee saved the club from the previous committee so theyve been knocked down before and I'm sure will bounce back whatever league they're in. 

Some on this thread even have them folding. 

Ruthrie put them right. 

Screenshot_20211008-132515_Twitter.jpg

The lowland seriously need to be relegating 3-4 teams a season. Get the pyramid flowing. We could be seeing results like this for at least another 3-4 years unless they change things quickly. The premier division is probably a more competitive league in terms of all the teams in it. Some good clubs with a lot of ambition in the league below but will take a while to get to where they want to be.

1 hour ago, Connor7 said:

The lowland seriously need to be relegating 3-4 teams a season. Get the pyramid flowing. We could be seeing results like this for at least another 3-4 years unless they change things quickly. The premier division is probably a more competitive league in terms of all the teams in it. Some good clubs with a lot of ambition in the league below but will take a while to get to where they want to be.

Same clubs never had the ambition a few short seasons ago. 

Now await a huge reconstruction from the LL.

Over to the LL bud. 👍

Watching Sam's vlog, he interviews the manager on Wednesday who says they scored 3 in their last game - funny that their last two times they scored 3 goals was the last two times they won a game. If only they didn't also concede 6 last Saturday...

On 08/10/2021 at 12:12, superbigal said:

Berwick add to all ACCA at a generous 1/14   

Over 7% return on investment in 90 minutes in itself.

Your investment banker gives out safer tips than cryptocurrency.

Currently 9-0 with over 20 minutes to go 🤣

Now 11-0

Edited by superbigal

Elizabeth Clephane from down the road in Melrose wrote the hymn "There Were Ninenty and Nine"; but for Vale this week has been "There Were Thirty and Three"... 3 league defeats in 7 days saw Goals For = 3 versus Goals Against = 30.

Edited by HibeeJibee

31 minutes ago, Lowland enthusiast said:

New management team appointed. Penicuick under 20s manager. Surely things can only get better? 

13 signings:

Rhys Legget, Ross Aitken, Mikey Joyce, Alex Munro, Fraser Stewart,
Jordan Sykes, David Scott, Alex Marr, Charles Marr,
Eusebio Tomas, Decafim Mendes, Lewin Mapira, Sami El Yamani

Upcoming month...

Sat 23rd Oct     A v Edinburgh Uni (17th)            6pts ahead currently
Sat 30th Oct     A v Gretna 2008 (16th)                9pts ahead currently
Sat 6th Nov       H v East Stirlingshire (5th)         beat them 1-0 in July
Tue 9th Nov      A v Bonnyrigg (1st)                          beat them 13-0 last week
Sat 13th Nov    H v Spartans (2nd)